BvS Christina Wren is Mjr. Carrie Farris

c'mon yo, as someone above said, that was like 1 of her 3 lines.

and it's not like she was wrong either.

No, she wasn't wrong, but the line wasn't the right kind of funny for me.

I remember her being the one to ask what terraforming was as well. There was no need for them to bother with that little explanation. I'm sure people could have figured it out without such obviousness.

Anyways...on the less negative side of things...since there's a new writer involved this time, I hope for humor in a more clever form this time.

The explanation was needed. In case you haven't noticed, the world is full of ****ing morons. :woot:

She had like, what? Three lines in the movie? They bothered you guys THAT much. I wish some of you would apply the same scrutiny to other superhero movies that you apply to this one. OMFG! A WOMAN SAID SUPERMAN WAS HOT! WORST WRITING EVAR!!!!!

Yeah. One kid pulling an insult out of his ass and calling another kid a dicksplash = Stupid Goyerisms. Ruining everythings.

"That guy's brain is a bag of cats" = Teehee. Reblog. =3

Also what the Hell's a Goyerism?

I remember her being the one to ask what terraforming was as well. There was no need for them to bother with that little explanation. I'm sure people could have figured it out without such obviousness.

Anyways...on the less negative side of things...since there's a new writer involved this time, I hope for humor in a more clever form this time.

If Argo is any indicator, I think it's safe to assume that is will be clever. I still love that "This is the best bad option we have sir" line and of course "ARGO-FU** YOURSELF" :woot:
I love that movie.

The explanation was needed. In case you haven't noticed, the world is full of ****ing morons. :woot:

Yeah it was needed. Perhaps if they anticipated the "flack" the line got, it could have been changed to her either saying, "Terraforming, so..*goes to say what it is but Hamilton starts explaining*.." or even have her say what terraforming is.

I disagree. terraforming isn't necessarily a term you hear often unless you're into science.

Eh... I suspect the only "flack" comes from fans on places like this. Saw MOS in theaters 6 times and it got a laugh every time. We are more sensitive and way more analytical of this stuff (and for good or ill more critical) than the GA.

Eh... I suspect the only "flack" comes from fans on places like this. Saw MOS in theaters 6 times and it got a laugh every time. We are more sensitive and way more analytical of this stuff (and for good or ill more critical) than the GA.

The funny thing about how people on this website seem to get more upset about stuff from Man of Steel than other people is that when I went to see the movie, the people in the theater only clapped during two scenes.
This one.
[YT]iX-4CTJD64o[/YT]

And the neck snap scene. The second time I saw the movie I heard someone talking with their friend after the movie was over saying that Superman should have killed Zod sooner.

Silly lines like "He's kinda hot" don't "upset" me. I'm not throwing any hissy hits over it. I just wish the dialogue in MOS in general was of a higher caliber. There was some great lines ("welcome to the planet"), but also a lot of not-so-great lines. I find the dialogue for the movie to be a weak point. "He's kinda hot" bugged me because it was a symptom of a larger (Goyer-related) problem.

For what it's worth, I saw MOS 3 times in theaters and each time, there was laughter at the line. So, I acknowledge that it appeals to some. Just not me, lol.

Last edited:
The funny thing about how people on this website seem to get more upset about stuff from Man of Steel than other people is that when I went to see the movie, the people in the theater only clapped during two scenes.
This one.
[YT]iX-4CTJD64o[/YT]

And the neck snap scene. The second time I saw the movie I heard someone talking with their friend after the movie was over saying that Superman should have killed Zod sooner.

Ha, I heard that comment a lot as well after the neck snap scene.

I saw the film 3 times in theatre and that line got a laugh every time but I got the impression that people were laughing AT the line rather than with it!

I personally hated that line because it was just plain silly, it could've easily gone somthing like this;

"what are you smiling at captain?"

"nothing sir"

Swanwik looks more discerningly at Farris and says

"are you blushing captain"? To which she replies:

"no sir" although her face clearly indicated otherwise!

That whole scene could've easily conveyed the same message without resorting to silly lines and there in lies the problem with Goyer's writing, his scripts are packed with good ideas interspersed with equally sillier ideas and the same goes for his dialogue where for every cool line like Zod's "where did you train kal? on a farm" or "welcome to the planet" there is "he's hot" or "you're monster zod and I'm gonna stop you" or the now classic "dick splash".

^^ I'd say the good surpassed it (cause I don't see them as bad as some people see it, and I don't see it weird cause in all cbm there are these type of lines, and we have to keep in mind that not all people speak the same way in different locations)

Jor-el speech to Kal-el was sublime, Pa Kent lines were great, Faora's speech, some Supes lines were great (You think you can control me) and the line "the trust part comes latter" was one of the best.

As I've said none of the movies are excent of lines that aren't of some peoples tastes, some really take a big deal, while they are not biggie and not take you out of the movie at least forme.. those lines happened and will happen in the future, with all the writers, specially in the cbms.

Silly lines like "He's kinda hot" don't "upset" me. I'm not throwing any hissy hits over it. I just wish the dialogue in MOS in general was of a higher caliber. There was some great lines ("welcome to the planet"), but also a lot of not-so-great lines. I find the dialogue for the movie to be a weak point. "He's kinda hot" bugged me because it was a symptom of a larger (Goyer-related) problem.

For what it's worth, I saw MOS 3 times in theaters and each time, there was laughter at the line. So, I acknowledge that it appeals to some. Just not me, lol.

This was really my only major gripe besides the fluidity from one scene to the next.

Whoops Coral Farris, lesser known sidekick to Carol Ferris' Star Sapphire...

but hey, if they did change it up to be Carrie (Major) Farris I think she'd make for a sweet Star Sapphire.
tumblr_m6njs4RogC1rxme9jo1_1280.jpg
Exactly how wrong is it that I would pay all of the money to see a movie where Christina is wearing an exact replica of this?

It's wrong unless you only view her (Star Sapphire) as a sex object.

How can something so wrong be oh so right? ;)

They'd have to bodypaint that suit on her, which wouldn't be much different than the CGI bodypainted GL suit we got on Reynolds last time. So frankly if it is done as an accurate translation from the original artists' work, then why should anyone have a problem with, or be uptight about, the female form over the male form.

That's pretty much status quot for most comic character suits... you see every definition line of musculature and anatomy in the latest Bats and Supes suits, save for the bulge cover, and yet everyone exclaims how these have been the best renditions of the comics to date. I guess as long as the nipples and goodies are smoothed out of the anatomy of all these hero suits we should be thankful of the accurate translations to the big screen.

You guys do realize shield wields the ultimate power of "love" right? Just as GL's ring is powered by the ultimate power of "will" correct?

One of the more acclaimed character transitions to the big screen ingeniously deleted clothing from the equation...and literally body painted the the character's "outfit" if it can be called that.

3873868-6605615289-Jenni.jpg

latest

tumblr_ln9xyz9IEt1qbeua3o1_500.gif

How can something so wrong be oh so right? ;)

They'd have to bodypaint that suit on her, which wouldn't be much different than the CGI bodypainted GL suit we got on Reynolds last time. So frankly if it is done as an accurate translation from the original artists' work, then why should anyone have a problem with, or be uptight about, the female form over the male form.

That's pretty much status quot for most comic character suits... you see every definition line of musculature and anatomy in the latest Bats and Supes suits, save for the bulge cover, and yet everyone exclaims how these have been the best renditions of the comics to date. I guess as long as the nipples and goodies are smoothed out of the anatomy of all these hero suits we should be thankful of the accurate translations to the big screen.

You guys do realize shield wields the ultimate power of "love" right? Just as GL's ring is powered by the ultimate power of "will" correct?
I couldn't even give the word I wanted to describe that costume because it's censored. But it describes it perfectly.
One of the more acclaimed character transitions to the big screen ingeniously deleted clothing from the equation...and literally body painted the the character's "outfit" if it can be called that.

latest

whoa man

latest

that post makes the difference between body paint and suit clearer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"