"Citizen Prime" - real life superhero

"Squeegee Man" is a joke. I hope "The Windexer" takes him out, LOL. (j/k of course...not sure if there is such a villain as "the windexer").

Chris Gaurdian seems to be the most believable and the most helpful out of the ones I've read about so far. And he has regular team ups with other heroes.

This new sub-culture is kinda cool! lol.
Judging by Chris Guardians photo, he isn't anything phenomenal. While it doesn't list what Martial Art he teaches, unless it involves full contact sparing regularly (which most western MAs don't) it won't help him for very long -- that, and we use guns now. And honestly, I doubt he does, because one of the first things you learn in "rougher" MA classes is how limited fighting ability is. You can be a 10th don in Akido and an MMA champion fighter, but if three guys with no qualifications jump you en mass you're done. Doesn't matter how many matches you had the day before either.

The movement seems recent and it will either A) die down when Superhero movies stop being as popular or B) die down when someone takes it too far and gets killed. The problem is these guys aren't really sticking their neck out very far and it seems far more about living a fantasy than anything else. Sure they may be comic fans, but in comics the characters never were. Because to them it wasn't about delusional grandeur, it was about "avenging" something.

And that's how those people play out in the real world. People who pick up guns to get revenge on dead loved ones. Which, as Cyrusblades brings up, brings out a whole other host of problems. I mean would you really root for a Punisher, Nighthawk or Jason Todd.

Somebody is gonna get killed or involved in a crime scene somehow and they're gonna set a new law against the superhero'ing.

Vigilante'ing is the way to go, seriously! Not this panzy crap

Somebody is gonna get killed or involved in a crime scene somehow and they're gonna set a new law against the superhero'ing.

There already are anti-vigilante laws.

Also, am I the only one who sees how stupid this is? There are highly trained law enforcement officials who are killed every day and you are advocating a dellusional nerd in a suit running around trying to fight evil? They are going to get killed, plain and simple.

Also, am I the only one who sees how stupid this is? There are highly trained law enforcement officials who are killed every day and you are advocating a dellusional nerd in a suit running around trying to fight evil? They are going to get killed, plain and simple.

Did you miss SB and Jag going on about how stupid they think it is a few pages ago?

No, I saw it. They are the only rational ones in this thread.

Then why ask if you were the only one, when you knew that you weren't? That's just silly.

No, I saw it. They are the only rational ones in this thread.

The guy is traveling around in his SUV looking for DUI's and calling them in. If he sees a crime, he calls the cops. He does charity work. I dont see a problem with it (while wearing or not wearing a costume while doing it). Yea he carries some non-lethal defenses, but just in case he needs to use them (he probably gets confronted/challenged a lot considering he presents himself as a "superhero").

People seem to be judging him by his myspace video. It was a "Who wants to be a Superhero" audition tape describing the "powers" of his ficitonal hero. They are basing they're reasoning against it because they think that its really him talking about himself in the video.

Rational or not, I dont see a problem with people reporting crimes or preventing them (depending on the seriousness of the situation).

Now, if they are busting in on crack houses with guns or contaminate a murder scene (like what Jaguarr described earlier), then theres a problem.

The guy is traveling around in his SUV looking for DUI's and calling them in. If he sees a crime, he calls the cops. He does charity work. I dont see a problem with it (while wearing or not wearing a costume while doing it). Yea he carries some non-lethal defenses, but just in case he needs to use them (he probably gets confronted/challenged a lot considering he presents himself as a "superhero").
A crow bar, a tazer and a gas gun (which fires canisters) is not "non lethal", it would be very easy to kill or seriously injure someone with any of those.

A crow bar, a tazer and a gas gun (which fires canisters) is not "non lethal", it would be very easy to kill or seriously injure someone with any of those.

Its not a crime to carry a crowbar or a taser. The crowbar could be used fo anything (he did mention he helps people on the side of the road). A taser is obviously for defense purposes.

You guys act like hes a child running around shooting crooks when hes a 40 year old man whose married and very educated. I think he has a slight idea on what is right and wrong.

Its not a crime to carry a crowbar or a taser. The crowbar could be used fo anything (he did mention he helps people on the side of the road). A taser is obviously for defense purposes.

You guys act like hes a child running around shooting crooks when hes a 40 year old man whose married and very educated. I think he has a slight idea on what is right and wrong.
He should start acting it then. He may be more accomplished or "better educated" than me in Jag but he has the street smarts of a "child". I learned not to do the stupid sh** he does when I was five. If he chooses to live a life where he patrols dangerous neighborhoods (which he does past midnight according to his blogs and news exclusive) looking for trouble he will eventually find it or it will find him (more likely) and he will die or (worst case scenario) someone else will get injured along with him. Sorry but it's not his job nor a good idea to drive around looking for trouble to report and investigate, let the people of that neighborhood deal with that or at least help them by setting up a neighborhood watch...don't get in your surburban and do it yourself. It is not his place to be putting himself in situations where he will have to make split second decisions about the legality and necessity of force in a moments notice.

He says he investigates suspicious behavior, well one day one of those suspicious characters will shoot him when he goes up and attempts to "disarm the situation" as he puts it. He may be in the right intention, but as I said, it would be no different if he were going into hospitals taking care of patients...he might be trying to help, sometimes his actions may even seem helpful, but enevitably he will cause more trouble than he is worth. He is not licensed, trained, or legally protected and sanctioned in his behavior and therefore I have every right to believe and suspect it. And believe you me, a man who's dream involves creating a fantasy world in reality, a world of superheroes, is dangerous and more than potentially dangerous.

You guys are so hung up on this Batman stuff that it blinds you to the very real dangers that come from encouraging this type of behavior.

The guy drives around and reports crime! If he wants to wear a costume then thats his decision. If he gets hurt, then its his own fault. I'm not gonna judge the guy for what hes doing (unless theres something terribly wrong with it), whatever floats his boat.

I see no harm in somebody who has good intentions.

The guy drives around and reports crime! If he wants to wear a costume then thats his decision. If he gets hurt, then its his own fault. I'm not gonna judge the guy for what hes doing (unless theres something terribly wrong with it), whatever floats his boat.

If you REALLY wanna tell somebody to grow up, go to a comic-con. Theres nothing wrong with wearing a costume and doing what you do.
It might be his own fault, but what you fail to understand is it becomes a lot of people's problem. He is not taking into account the potential dangers and adverse effects of his actions. Because of him patroling neighborhoods (and by the way he doesn't just report crime, he even says himself, on his myspace page he will engage crime if he feels the cops cannot get there in time if he feels he can disarm the situation) he could cause a lot of trouble that otherwise would not happen. He is taking the least effective route and doing so to fulfill some mid life crisis delusion he has. Don't be an idiot.

ShadowBoxing said:
He is taking the least effective route and doing so to fulfill some mid life crisis delusion he has. Don't be an idiot.

Okay well that narrows down Citizen Prime, what about the other people who patrol? (chris guardian, tothian, etc.). Those guys look like they are in they're late 20s.

BTW disagreeing with you guys doesnt make me an idiot.

carrrying a crowbar counts as an offensive weapon and thus is a crime....

He "carries" it in the trunk of his vehicle. Along with a tire iron and probably a spare tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"