• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CNN MONEY say 'Krazy Ken is... Krazy'...

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
COOL... Double post... Im turning into WHF :up:

http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/21/tech...biz2/index.htm

CNN MONEY'S list of 10 people who dont matter has been released. Who are featured?

Steve Ballmer
CEO, Microsoft

Let's face it: The head of the world's biggest software company is a lame duck. Sure, Microsoft's board still backs Ballmer as CEO, and he still has a core of loyal executives within the company. But with longtime partner Bill Gates stepping away from his day-to-day role to focus on saving the world, and Ray Ozzie playing the role of resident visionary, the CEO job just won't be as much fun. And with employees and investors still in a froth over the company's low share price, it will be increasingly tempting for Ballmer to follow Bill's lead, and make boosting the shares someone else's problem.

We all know steve is a bit of a wet duck... Still mostly harmless within the Xbox community...

Ken Kutaragi
President, Sony Computer Entertainment

Remember the Betamax debacle? Sony seems to have forgotten all about it. Under Kutaragi, who is the power behind Sony's PlayStation videogame consoles, the company is launching another format war with its Blu-Ray high-definition videodisc, the successor to the venerable DVD. Unfortunately, the PlayStation 3, which was supposed to put Blu-Ray into millions of living rooms, is months late and hundreds of dollars more expensive than competing consoles from Microsoft and Nintendo - largely because it includes one-of-a-kind technologies like Blu-Ray. The delays and cost overruns are likely to make both the PS3 and Blu-Ray nonstarters.

Ouch... Calling PS3/BLU-RAY the new BETAMAX? Ouch.

I wish I could laugh at Ken like everyone else instead of getting angry whenever he says something stupid (everytime he has spoken in public for example), but the fact that I've seen people believe his every word just drives me up a wall. I can't wait until the day he no longer has that job and I don't have to listen to his propaganda anymore. Though to be fair, if you've ever read anything about Ballmer and the stuff he says about google, linux, apple, iPod, viruses, adware, and pretty much anything, or about his anger outbursts, or seen him jumping around and screaming like a madman, he's probably worse than Ken is.

Someone needs to send ol' Krazy Ken this message. Seppeku, seriously consider it. Hell I'll be your second.

While Krazy Ken is definately crazy, he's also responsible almost single handhedly as far as the corporate environment goes, of pioneering the single most popular video gaming brand in history, namely the Playstation. Saying he doesn't really matter is a bit short sighted just on the basis of something like Blue Ray. He's responsible for many of the initiatives within Sony that are making them money today like the agreements between Sony an Samsung on flatscreens, he's also one of the driving forces behind Cell. He's also the one that forced the rest of Sony to adopt MP3 and move away from using strictly their proprietary formats during his time outside of being just the head of SCE.

You can argue the good and bad of his respective decisions, but Sony would be a drastically different company without him, and he's a key player within the company, not a useless executive like Balmer.

Zenien said:
While Krazy Ken is definately crazy, he's also responsible almost single handhedly as far as the corporate environment goes, of pioneering the single most popular video gaming brand in history, namely the Playstation. Saying he doesn't really matter is a bit short sighted just on the basis of something like Blue Ray. He's responsible for many of the initiatives within Sony that are making them money today like the agreements between Sony an Samsung on flatscreens, he's also one of the driving forces behind Cell. He's also the one that forced the rest of Sony to adopt MP3 and move away from using strictly their proprietary formats during his time outside of being just the head of SCE.

You can argue the good and bad of his respective decisions, but Sony would be a drastically different company without him, and he's a key player within the company, not a useless executive like Balmer.

The Krazy Ken of today is nothing at all like the Kompetent Ken of ten years ago.

He's like Joe Quesada, George W. Bush, and many others. He started off with some good things and now, they're just stale and need to be gotten rid of before things get worse.

Joe Q is not as bad as people make out. He's tried some great new things, and Civil War is probably THE most interesting thing in comics in years. I agree about George Dubya though.

But I do think Zenien has a point. As ****ty as PS3 looks, PSone took gaming to new heights.

Horrorfan said:
Joe Q is not as bad as people make out. He's tried some great new things, and Civil War is probably THE most interesting thing in comics in years. I agree about George Dubya though.
I am loving Civil War right now, and I will admit that Marvel has got some balls for outing Spider-Man. I will also admit that he's done some really great things for the company and now his reign in Marvel is appearing to go stale. Not to the lenghts that George W. Bush and Krazy Ken have, but it is heading that way. Before things go from a large number of pissed off Marvel fans to completely bad, Marvel should get a new EIC.

But I do think Zenien has a point. As ****ty as PS3 looks, PSone took gaming to new heights.
Agreed, but the Playstation 3 is not going to be s**tty. It is going to be cool (if you say anything about Metal Gear, I'll kill you :mad: ). It's just Krazy Ken's stupid hype and the stupid price tag that gives it the repuation it has now.

hippie_hunter said:
I am loving Civil War right now, and I will admit that Marvel has got some balls for outing Spider-Man. I will also admit that he's done some really great things for the company and now his reign in Marvel is appearing to go stale. Not to the lenghts that George W. Bush and Krazy Ken have, but it is heading that way. Before things go from a large number of pissed off Marvel fans to completely bad, Marvel should get a new EIC.

Agreed, but the Playstation 3 is not going to be s**tty. It is going to be cool (if you say anything about Metal Gear, I'll kill you :mad: ). It's just Krazy Ken's stupid hype and the stupid price tag that gives it the repuation it has now.

I won't say anything about Metal Gear, except that the plot is stupid and ****ty and stupid. But aside from that? Not a word from my lips. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts? I mock those games. God of war is good but not worth the cash for a new console. The only great looking game it has ''exclusivly'' is assassins creed, and we all know thats coming to 360.

And the funny thing is, you say marvel fans are pissed off, but there are more people buying marvel comics (and comics in general) than there have been in YEARS, so I don't think Marvel are ready to fire their most sucessful eic in some years. Sure some fans are upset and complain, but they always do that.

Horrorfan said:
I won't say anything about Metal Gear, except that the plot is stupid and ****ty and stupid.
:mad:

The only great looking game it has ''exclusivly'' is assassins creed, and we all know thats coming to 360.
I gotta agree with you there.

And the funny thing is, you say marvel fans are pissed off, but there are more people buying marvel comics (and comics in general) than there have been in YEARS, so I don't think Marvel are ready to fire their most sucessful eic in some years. Sure some fans are upset and complain, but they always do that.
I'm seeing people all over on the internet saying that they are dropping all of their Marvel books simply because Spider-Man went public. I am seeing "former Marvel Zombies" start going into DC because of discontentment. DC has just taken the #1 spot away from Marvel, and honestly, I see that as a soon to be permanent thing (thanks to 52, OYL, and All-Star DC)

hippie_hunter said:
:mad:

I gotta agree with you there.

I'm seeing people all over on the internet saying that they are dropping all of their Marvel books simply because Spider-Man went public. I am seeing "former Marvel Zombies" start going into DC because of discontentment. DC has just taken the #1 spot away from Marvel, and honestly, I see that as a soon to be permanent thing (thanks to 52, OYL, and All-Star DC)

If those marvel fans quit because the company did something different, good. Don't need em. DC really only gets the top spot when it has some sort of gimmick or event....why do you think we have had so many from them in a row? IC, 52, the All star series....normally they get an ass kicking. But they figured 'hey the idiots buy our gimmick titles', so there ya go. It doesn't matter to me if some lame ass whiner drops a marvel title for trying something new.

Please doode, come round and see MGS for the crap it is. I still hold out hope for you, young grasshopper...

Horrorfan said:
If those marvel fans quit because the company did something different, good. Don't need em.
Again, I have to agree with you. Marvel does have some great books that don't deserve dropping. Both companies have great books.

DC really only gets the top spot when it has some sort of gimmick or event....why do you think we have had so many from them in a row? IC, 52, the All star series....normally they get an ass kicking. But they figured 'hey the idiots buy our gimmick titles', so there ya go. It doesn't matter to me if some lame ass whiner drops a marvel title for trying something new.
Even though Civil War was the #1 book DC still managed to take the top spot. DC has some really great titles out right now: 52, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Teen Titans, Outsiders and more still to come: Justice League of America and Justice Society of America. Personally I don't care for All-Star DC too much (All-Star Batman and Robin is complete crap). But since 52 and the All-Star series are out now, and the new Justice League and Justice Society books, I see DC taking the top spot more than Marvel for the rest of the year.

Already I will tell you:
Justice League of America > New Avengers

Please doode, come round and see MGS for the crap it is. I still hold out hope for you, young grasshopper...
You spelt dude wrong. How can I take you seriously after that.

hippie_hunter said:
Again, I have to agree with you. Marvel does have some great books that don't deserve dropping. Both companies have great books.

Even though Civil War was the #1 book DC still managed to take the top spot. DC has some really great titles out right now: 52, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Teen Titans, Outsiders and more still to come: Justice League of America and Justice Society of America. Personally I don't care for All-Star DC too much (All-Star Batman and Robin is complete crap). But since 52 and the All-Star series are out now, and the new Justice League and Justice Society books, I see DC taking the top spot more than Marvel for the rest of the year.

Already I will tell you:
Justice League of America > New Avengers

You spelt dude wrong. How can I take you seriously after that.
'doode' is the cool, new edgy way of saying it :(I will tell you: Everything Marvel> Everything DC. Like MGS, you have a couple of fools who can be duped easy into buying DC crap, but that's the way the world is. :D

Horrorfan said:
'doode' is the cool, new edgy way of saying it :(I will tell you: Everything Marvel> Everything DC. Like MGS, you have a couple of fools who can be duped easy into buying DC crap, but that's the way the world is. :D
Metal Gear is awful? DC is crap? My God, Horrorfan just outed himself as the secret identity of...

OPINIONATED CONDESCENDING *****EBAG MAN!

WITH THE POWER TO TELL PEOPLE THEIR OPINIONS ARE WRONG IN PURELY SUBJECTIVE MATTERS! STARE BEWILDERED AS YOU SAY YOU PREFER STEAK OVER FISH, AND HE RESPONDS WITH HOW YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE HE THINKS STEAK IS TOTALLY GAY! MARVEL AT THE WAY HE CALLS ALL OF YOUR FAVORITE MOVIES BORING, WHILE PROVING HIS FAVORITE MOVIES ARE WAY BETTER SIMPLY WITH A "THEY'RE KICKIN RAD!".

OPINIONATED CONDESCENDING *****EBAG MAN, AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

SpiderFan17 said:
Metal Gear is awful? DC is crap? My God, Horrorfan just outed himself as the secret identity of...

OPINIONATED CONDESCENDING *****EBAG MAN!

WITH THE POWER TO TELL PEOPLE THEIR OPINIONS ARE WRONG IN PURELY SUBJECTIVE MATTERS! STARE BEWILDERED AS YOU SAY YOU PREFER STEAK OVER FISH, AND HE RESPONDS WITH HOW YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE HE THINKS STEAK IS TOTALLY GAY! MARVEL AT THE WAY HE CALLS ALL OF YOUR FAVORITE MOVIES BORING, WHILE PROVING HIS FAVORITE MOVIES ARE WAY BETTER SIMPLY WITH A "THEY'RE KICKIN RAD!".

OPINIONATED CONDESCENDING *****EBAG MAN, AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Holy Crap, you know my secret! Now you must die :mad:

But seriously, me and Hippy do this all the time . I don't mean it :D

Well I do personally think DC and MSG are crap but I have nothing against the feebs who like it ;)

Krazy Ken is so Krazy he completely derailed this thread. :p

I think he has been blighted by the success of the Playstation brand as a whole. With PS3, he isn't reflecting what the public wants as he did with PS2 and PS1.

Horrorfan said:

They both have their good points and bad points.

I already mentioned DC's good books and Marvel does too (Astonishing X-Men, Daredevil, Captain America, Young Avengers).

Personally I do prefer DC. I enjoy the characters more. It's a matter of opinion. Though I do recommend that you try out some DC books, specifically Teen Titans, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. When Justice League of America comes out you should try it out also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"