More Krazy Ken stuff about the Ps3 price.

Referring to the PlayStation 3, Stringer said that “it has more bells and whistles than a 747”.
I'm sure Zenien will rush to his defense saying "They're talking about the onboard computer being less powerful than the CELL!!!" but we have to agree that what this man said is just plain (pun intented to the max) stupid.

747cockpit.jpg

Kipobe said:
Wow.

I don't understand why everyone is trying to make gaming consoles into something they're not primarily used for. I don't need a video camera on my phone, I don't need a tv built into my refridgerator, and I don't need my gaming console to search the web.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
You probably don't want your console to play DVDs and CDs either, since the Gamecube doesn't. :down

WhatsHisFace said:
You probably don't want your console to play DVDs and CDs either, since the Gamecube doesn't. :down

I bought a DVD player to play DVDs. I buy video game systems to play video games.

"The reason it is expensive is that instead of us concentrating on making it playing games, something we have done in the past, the PS3 is designed to go somewhere else; the center of the living room."

Then why make it a video game console? The point of a video game console is to play games! Concentrate on the games, that's why you got spanked at E3, while your competetion is concentrating on games you're trying to make a computer.

amazingfantasy15 said:
I bought a DVD player to play DVDs. I buy video game systems to play video games.

"The reason it is expensive is that instead of us concentrating on making it playing games, something we have done in the past, the PS3 is designed to go somewhere else; the center of the living room."

Then why make it a video game console? The point of a video game console is to play games! Concentrate on the games, that's why you got spanked at E3, while your competetion is concentrating on games you're trying to make a computer.

THEY SAID PRETTY MUCH THE EXACT SAME THING ABOUT THE 'PS2'. :rolleyes: :o

WhatsHisFace said:

hey wanna hear a secret?..my computer does the same thing:eek:

Any guess as to when PS3 will reach $200?

Son of a *****. If it wasnt for God of War.......

amazingfantasy15 said:

I actually agree with you. I don't use any of the PS2's functions like this. I have a DVD player and a CD sterio. My computer also does all of this and writes cds and DVDs. I use the playstation only for gaming. I like the idea of online play, so that is great and so is some of the other extra stuff they are adding. What I don't agree with is the same thing THWIP was talking about, which is Sony's (Ken's) smugness at all of the negetive feedback.

Every company takes a loss on the hardware, and they know it. MS does and so does Nintendo. Sony feels that they shouldn't have too, which is their business, but don't try to justify it by giving us all this bull. The bottom line is

SONY WANTS $$$ back from their console, and for some odd reason they are now saying that they don't want to focus on the games. Yup good one Sony, that's going to make GAMERS want to buy your 600.00 system.

OY at Sony!:down :rolleyes:

jaydawg said:
Son of a *****. If it wasnt for God of War.......

WELL, 'GOW2' WON'T BE OUT FOR 'PS2' UNTIL THIS FALL/WINTER, SO '2009/'2010' WOULD LIKELY BE ABOUT RIGHT FOR THE 'PS3' FOLLOWUP.

I still think 4d is the future of gaming, wii be damned:up:

Speaking of God of War, I read a new article in PSM2 about it. Looks ****ing amazing.

Brainiac 8 said:
I actually agree with you. I don't use any of the PS2's functions like this. I have a DVD player and a CD sterio. My computer also does all of this and writes cds and DVDs. I use the playstation only for gaming. I like the idea of online play, so that is great and so is some of the other extra stuff they are adding. What I don't agree with is the same thing THWIP was talking about, which is Sony's (Ken's) smugness at all of the negetive feedback.

Every company takes a loss on the hardware, and they know it. MS does and so does Nintendo. Sony feels that they shouldn't have too, which is their business, but don't try to justify it by giving us all this bull. The bottom line is

SONY WANTS $$$ back from their console, and for some odd reason they are now saying that they don't want to focus on the games. Yup good one Sony, that's going to make GAMERS want to buy your 600.00 system.

OY at Sony!:down :rolleyes:

I don't dislike Sony, I just hate PS3 and how they're marketing it. But I like PSP.

XwolverineX said:
I don't dislike Sony, I just hate PS3 and how they're marketing it.

This is pretty much my opinion, it's also the reason I didn't get a PS2 for so long. They advertise the bells and whistles on the hardware, but it's the software that sells the system. I can't think of one system I bought for the hardware specs.

Nintendo - Seeing Mario on screen the first time had me sold
Genesis - My cousin had one first, after seeing Altered Beast, Mickey Mouse and Lakers vs. Celtics, I needed one, Sonic totally sealed the deal though
SNES - Three words: Legend of Zelda
Saturn - The great Sega arcade hits (too bad that's all the system had going for it)
N64 - Seeing Mario in true 3D made my jaw drop
PS1 - Castlevania
GC - Pikmin really had me curious and knowing there was a Metroid coming gave me no doubts about buying the system
PS2 - Ratchet and Clank and GTA
Xbox 360 - I needed those new Rare games PDZ and Kameo

Maybe I'll try one to get a free PS3 by playing the banner "games" that are always coming up.

Horrorfan said:
I still think 4d is the future of gaming, wii be damned:up:

Speaking of God of War, I read a new article in PSM2 about it. Looks ****ing amazing.

What in the blue ****ing blazes of greg kinnear's hell is 4d??!!!!

I love Sony's new marketing ploy. 'The PS3 is not a console, it's a computer.'

They must be really desperate now since they've realized, $600 doesn't go well with the buyers.

jaydawg said:
Any guess as to when PS3 will reach $200?

The second coming of Christ.

If you're not brain dead you must realize that there is a 499 version.

I couldn't care less, this forum is a joke anyway. This place is packed to the brim with people who are lot more biased then I am. I get targeted because it's convenient, and one thing I do not do on this forum is lie to further an agenda, which can't be said for more than a few people here. About 10 percent of the people in this forum even post seriously.

Zenien said:
If you're not brain dead you must realize that there is a 499 version

if your not brain dead you must realize that that version sucks & is still to high for any Game Console. I see NO ONE REASON to get a PS3 right away. Especially since the Launch Games I am interested in are also going to be 360 Titles

MoviesKickAss said:
if your not brain dead you must realize that that version sucks & is still to high for any Game Console. I see NO ONE REASON to get a PS3 right away. Especially since the Launch Games I am interested in are also going to be 360 Titles

And how does that version suck... exactly? In comparison to the 599 dollar version...?

I'm actually pretty fair to each console. I have my favorites, obviously... but that's based on what each company has given me over the years. My posts aren't out of ignorance or pure fanboy mentality... I'm just someone who likes games.

I agree Zenien... the clods in this place should tie themselves to a tree with red ants and poor honey on themselves. The level of logic is underwhelming. :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"