Constantine General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Is sify out?

Last resort get it over to england and have channel 4 do it. Probably take it out of the box Misfits, Utopia etc... Weren't too bad.

Is sify out?

Last resort get it over to england and have channel 4 do it. Probably take it out of the box Misfits, Utopia etc... Weren't too bad.
No network outside the Warner umbrella is going to pick up a low rated, Warner-owned show. CW is Warner co-owned, and their CEO just publicly laughed at the idea that they were looking at the show.

The last time someone brought the rumor up to SyFy they said they hadn't even heard about the show being shopped to the network.

Just let it go. Maybe Matt Ryan can still guest star on another show.

I do think it's the end of the road when the best hope for the show's continuation laughs at the idea of it being on his network.

It reinforces how hard it is to keep anything on a network that isn't an immediate ratings buster or remotely off the norm. I think the only reason Agents of SHIELD is still on is because of the fact ABC is owned by Disney who wants to keep the Marvel brand as publically aware as they can and it feeds into their movie machine.

Without the connection to the Marvel Universe I doubt SHIELD would have lasted a full season let alone get a third one because the ratings would not have justified it in their eyes.

Constantine has no connection to anything else DC/Warner airs so it was doomed from the start if it failed to draw in big ratings (which these days is hard to do).

Is sify out?

Syfy is a part of the NBC Universal. If SyFy were seriously interested I imagine they would of already voiced interest and got a first pass at Constantine.

I always liked the idea of Channel 4 make a Hellblazer show but it is highly unlikely.

A UK Network/American Network co-production like seems more realistic but you would have to find a U.S and UK network that was interested.

Constantine would need a revamp because the type off shows that get a transatlantic U.S/UK TV co-production aren't episodic procedural type shows

Syfy is a part of the NBC Universal. If SyFy were seriously interested I imagine they would of already voiced interest and got a first pass at Constantine.

I always liked the idea of Channel 4 make a Hellblazer show but it is highly unlikely.

A UK Network/American Network co-production like seems more realistic but you would have to find a U.S and UK network that was interested.

Constantine would need a revamp because the type off shows that get a transatlantic U.S/UK TV co-production aren't episodic procedural type shows

Thats where BBCAmerica comes in due in part to Orphan Black

I still don't get what people see in Supernatural...

If the CW had just let it end the way Eric Kripe intended, it'd be in better form instead of veneering into Simpsons territory of not good as it once was with Gamble and later Carver.

Even the ratings and demos aren't what they used to be.

This show would be amazing on Netflix. I just wish Netflix would realize the potential and take the chance. Honestly, I don't know why they even bothered with the CW, it would have been worse than NBC.
Because the CW currently has three successful comic book shows, a digital comic show coming this fall, and a fourth comic show coming in January? Not to mention Smallville, which was a terrible show, but inarguably successful even when CW tried to kill it.

Because Arrow and Flash managed to get better ratings on a tiny network than Constantine did on NBC?

Because CW is co-owned by Warner Bros, meaning the network doesn't have to pay to air the show?

Because there's potential for crossovers, which always do good ratings?

Really, it's not that hard to figure out. CW was the best possible destination for this show, and the network's CEO publicly ridiculed the idea that they were even considering it.

Because the CW currently has three successful comic book shows, a digital comic show coming this fall, and a fourth comic show coming in January? Not to mention Smallville, which was a terrible show, but inarguably successful even when CW tried to kill it.

Because Arrow and Flash managed to get better ratings on a tiny network than Constantine did on NBC?

Because CW is co-owned by Warner Bros, meaning the network doesn't have to pay to air the show?

Because there's potential for crossovers, which always do good ratings?

Really, it's not that hard to figure out. CW was the best possible destination for this show, and the network's CEO publicly ridiculed the idea that they were even considering it.

I get that the CW has had success with comic book series but that doesn't mean every comic book based show would fit with what they have done. Constantine would never be able to grow and reach it's full potential on the CW and I'm pretty sure they would have even more restrictions on the CW than they did on NBC.

I get that the CW has had success with comic book series but that doesn't mean every comic book based show would fit with what they have done. Constantine would never be able to grow and reach it's full potential on the CW and I'm pretty sure they would have even more restrictions on the CW than they did on NBC.

Thank you!

Most folks campaigning for the CW were blinded by their crosssover happy fantasies that they didn't see the big picture.

Thank you!

Most folks campaigning for the CW were blinded by their crosssover happy fantasies that they didn't see the big picture.

I just personally wanted the show picked up, don't care by who as I am a Brit who has no clue about the network politics over the pond. A crossover with other popular shows would not have hurt either.

No, really. I'm dying to know what this so-called "big picture" is.

Cerone was targeting CW and they publicly laughed at him. What the hell other network do you think would be more realistic?

CW made the most sense, by far, and they didn't even consider picking up the show.

You're not cute when you're insufferable

While that is true, he isnt wrong. No one else is probably picking it up so you are basically saying you would rather the show die than see it go to CW.

And I doubt the CW would have held it back more than NBC...and the ratings it would have needed to be a success it would have already reached. Instead of being ignored and buried on a network no one watches guaranteeing its cancellation, it would have been promoted a ton and become a tentpole of the station and allowed to grow..

But hey, its cool on thee boards to rip the CW so go for it!

With this finality of the fate of the show, the irony is that there is now more of a chance that Ryan/Constantine can/will guest on Arrow or other CW/DC programs, since the character, owned of course by WB, is now completely free of its NBC/Universal broadcast deal. I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear this developing...soon.

:word:

Get the Spectre on there too. You'd never need anyone on "Team Arrow".:funny:

Such a shame, the show was really good and I would have loved to see more, especially with the way it ended.

Would love to see him show up in another show like Arrow or even Legends Of Tomorrow if they tackle a supernatural bad guy at some point.

More than likely a DVD release will come out in 2020-2021 tops

Has there been any talk about a Blu-Ray release?

My guess is that at most they might release the show on dvd-r's through a Made On Demand service, other than that it's just digital downloads. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"