MTV's The Challenge Thread - Part 1

I agree with you both.For the first time ever I was rooting for Bananas.I really hope we get a team switch atleast once.

I get wanting to take a shot at a strong player, but did these folks really think Jenny would fall in an elimination against her smaller, weaker clone?

Also tickled pink at Georgia's histrionics and that alliance acting like it's a travesty for Nicole to go into elimination. Guys, she thought five minutes equaled up to 50 seconds. She's not the best you have to offer. :o

That quiz challenge was so uneven it annoyed me.

Solid LOL at Jordan somehow believing that Turbo wouldn't rip the spine straight out of his body.

Happy to see that these mother****ers have wised up to Kyle being a consistently ass-kissing floater.

I was 100% Leroy watching Rogan get out of that pool. Except my reaction was sincere.

Also, Jordan? The guy who, just over a decade ago, dragged another contestants face along a brick wall and said in his own words that he was going to "smash his head and eat it" just said Turbo scares the **** out of him. You don't stand a chance. Apologize and, if need be, beg for your life.

I like how Paulie and Cara are apparently the ones brainwashing everyone, and yet in Nany's eyes, when Jordan needlessly stirs **** up with Cara and won't stop talking **** about Turbo, it's somehow that alliance's fault, not Jordan's, when Turbo gets sent home.

Makes perfect sense.

Also an odd game critique I seem to be hearing quite a bit of:

"They're playing a numbers game"

Okay... so are you, you're just on the losing side of those numbers.

Now I have to wait at least another season to watch Jordan get bodied by Turbo, dammit.

It was so delicious watching Georgia pout and cry about getting thrown in. She flipped the eff out and it was hilarious. I’m glad she’s gone, can’t stand her arrogance.

I absolutely love this season.There's so much drama and strategy this year,and for the first time ever I'm rooting for Cara.What is happening?

Ugh, they should've thrown Josh in. Tired of his voice.

Nany can go too. If she hadn't spent the last however many seasons relying on being a number for Bananas maybe she would be in a better position right now.

Ugh, they should've thrown Josh in. Tired of his voice.

Nany can go too. If she hadn't spent the last however many seasons relying on being a number for Bananas maybe she would be in a better position right now.

My wife and I had this discussion as we were watching last night's episode:
  • It was pathetic how Josh was all broken-hearted over Georgia being sent away, when she was never going to be as into him as he was to her. It's quite obvious that no matter how badly Bear treats Georgia, she'll always be his.
  • Josh being the pathetic 5yr-old mama's boy he is, latched on to a new "mama," in Nany immediately after Georgia left.
  • Wife about Josh being so supportive of Nany (wife talking to Nany): "He's only saying that because he's trying to **** you."
  • We canNOT stand his voice. He *really* does sound like a toddler.

I grew extremely tiresome of Josh as well. Heck, all season it’s been building. He seems to think he’s some really strong player in the game when he’s mediocre at challenges and absolutely awful at the social game.

I was against Tori/Jordan all season but that was a cool moment. That boy can swing a hammer. Theo was using all arms and gassed out. Sad to see him go out. Doubtful we see him much anymore on these after the accident with his eye.

Nany was right earlier this season about Cara. Girl needs to take a step back, take a few seasons off. I loved her on earlier challenges but lately she’s just an insufferable human. I realize Jordan talked a lot of crap about her, but her comments at the end were in poor taste. Even Paulie checked her for it which is saying a lot.

Her comment wasn't any worse than the stuff people have said about Cara on a regular basis. For YEARS. She doesn't owe anyone a positive response to a showboat-y marriage proposal.

Her comment wasn't any worse than the stuff people have said about Cara on a regular basis. For YEARS. She doesn't owe anyone a positive response to a showboat-y marriage proposal.

My opinion: I think Jordan did it that way to try and get MTV to pay for their wedding à la CT's.

I get this side of it too. I’m sure it was in the moment and not truly who she is or how she feels about them or their engagement.

I’ve been watching old seasons on Pluto TV. Seeing her get that win with ‘Cuz’ Jamie on Bloodlines was awesome. That’s the Cara I love.

This season is getting interesting. I love this show!

Rogan was comedy gold tonight. Plotting against your own girlfriend based on an incident from weeks ago, not being moved in the slightest when she's one of the only girls on your team to complete the task, hiding in your room when CT breaks the news that you've been thinking of throwing her in, and then taking credit when the tribunal (of which you have no part) puts another girl in?

LOL scum bag legend. He's definitely coming back for more seasons.

i went back and watched the very first season of the Challenge today; Road Rules All Stars (1998)

5 people; Eric Nies, John, Cynthia, Rachel and Sean. No eliminations. Lived in a Winnebago most of the time.

I forgot this was how Rachel and Sean met. It's been 20 years plus since I've seen this. I remembered Sean on Boston, but I've never seen Rachel's season and I didn't know about her car accident and the others in the car with her being killed. Today he's a congressman and they have 9 kids together, although i think i remember him resigning or taking a sabbatical because their youngest child had some complications at birth.

Of the 5, I only saw Sean's and Cynthia's seasons of the Real World, but I knew who the others were from various things, challenges, reunions, documentaries etc.
Of all the channels getting their own thing now, I wish MTV did so I could watch all these old seasons of Real World and Road Rules, the Reunions, Documentaries etc. Heck, I even miss the Rock N Jock games lol

i went back and watched the very first season of the Challenge today; Road Rules All Stars (1998)

5 people; Eric Nies, John, Cynthia, Rachel and Sean. No eliminations. Lived in a Winnebago most of the time.

I forgot this was how Rachel and Sean met. It's been 20 years plus since I've seen this. I remembered Sean on Boston, but I've never seen Rachel's season and I didn't know about her car accident and the others in the car with her being killed. Today he's a congressman and they have 9 kids together, although i think i remember him resigning or taking a sabbatical because their youngest child had some complications at birth.

Of the 5, I only saw Sean's and Cynthia's seasons of the Real World, but I knew who the others were from various things, challenges, reunions, documentaries etc.
Of all the channels getting their own thing now, I wish MTV did so I could watch all these old seasons of Real World and Road Rules, the Reunions, Documentaries etc. Heck, I even miss the Rock N Jock games lol

Pluto TV is free. They have an MTV Challenge channel.

It only shows like 8 seasons on a loop so if you want to watch one you need to be there for hours on end.

They show Rivals 2 which might be my favorite season. Wes and CT are my favorite. Watching them team up and run a final is good stuff

i have Pluto, but they show the same seasons all the time. i won some seasons on Amazon Prime and Vudu, but i've been really wanting to go back to the beginning.

So now i'm on Season 2.

Here's what I remember before I start episode one:
I remember Beth, Montana, Nathan, Janet, Mark, and Jason. Jason, Janet and Nathan were my favorites back then. Seattle was, and probably still is, my favorite Real World season of all.
I remember this being the first time Real World and Road Rules went against each other. I also remember them going to Hugh Hefner's House, and a race with beds? i also remember really not liking Beth and Montana. I didn't see Beth's Real World season, but I remember watching Montana on Boston, but I don't think I disliked her as much on Boston as I did on the Challenge.
Other than that I don't remember much, so I look forward to seeing how much I recall is right, and how much i've forgotten. and Who I've forgotten.

I stopped watching a few episodes before the most recent final, and I feel like I’ll be better off without these trash monsters roping me again, but I can feel the pull already...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"