MTV's The Challenge Thread - Part 1

Well the new season is going to start next month. It is labeled The Challenge: Cutthroat.

Here's the promo

[YT]GmYKXmPY18g[/YT]

Here's the wikipedia description of the new concept

This season of The Challenge will feature a brand new format, consisting of three teams of ten players – five men and five women on each team. The three teams will participate in numerous challenges (sometimes called "missions"), which are followed by an elimination challenge, known as the "Gulag." The team who wins a challenge will receive a cash prize of $20,000 to be split evenly among the team members and placed in their individual bank accounts, as well as winning immunity from the Gulag.

The two losing teams will then be forced to choose one player of each gender from each losing team for possible elimination. Each player will cast secret votes to decide which two men and two women will battle in same-gender Gulags. The winning players will rejoin their respective teams and stay in the game, while the losing players will be eliminated from the game and lose all of their prize money in their individual bank accounts.

And the cast and teams

Red Team

c0w1838.jpg

Brad - RW San Diego
Brandon - Fresh Meat II
Camila - Spring Break Challenge
Chet - RW BK
Dunbar - RW Sydney
Melinda - RW Austin
Paula - RW Key West
Tori - RR Viewers Revenge
Tyler - RW Key West

Blue Team

c0w1900.jpg

Derek - RW Cancun
Derrick - RR X-treme
Emilee - RW Cancun
Emily - RW DC
Eric - Fresh Meat
Jenn - RW Denver
Johnny - RW Key West
Katie -RR The Quest
Theresa - Fresh Meat II
Ty - RW DC

Gray Team

c0w1953.jpg

Abram - RR South Pacific
Ayiiia - RW Cancun
Cara - Fresh Meat II
Dan - RR Viewers Revenge
JD - RW BK
Laurel - Fresh Meat II
Luke - Fresh Meat II
Sarah - RW BK
Shauvon - RW Sydney
Vinny - Fresh Meat II

http://www.mtv.com/shows/rwrr_challenge/cutthroat/cast.jhtml

So what does everyone think? I LOVE that they have changed up the format bc for so long its been the same thing every single year. I do like some of the cast but theres alot of unknowns here. Too much Cancun for me as I didnt watch that year and what is up with all the Fresh Meat? I barely remember them. So far, I think I will be rooting for the Blue team. They have more people that I like and have some strong competitors. LOL...the Gray team looks pathetic. What is up with them being littered with Fresh Meat? Barely seems fair

i like Leroy. i wonder how he would've done the year he had to back out due to a back injury

"Who's done one of those before?"
"All of us. That's how we're on the team."
"That's my last one EVER."

:lmao:

tumblr_osdtn3A1ta1v2k0a8o1_1280.jpg

hnnnngh I want him back on a Challenge. I don't care if he has a real career, unlike 90% of the alums. I want it. :o

Louise too.

Louise was my favorite of the Champs. they all were pretty cool honestly, but they showed Lolo as nothing favorable until the end

i still want to know what Louise's Lime really said. WHAT NAME WAS REALLY ON IT LOUISE!!!

[blackout]Amanda[/blackout] still having a chance: :whatever:

[blackout]Darrell[/blackout] still having a chance: :db:

Love Cara talking [blackout]Ashley[/blackout] into a self-elimination, though. And, I assume, telling Tony "It's not my fault you don't know how to use a condom!"

considering the next cut scene where he's kissing... Camila?! and the fact that he's now knocked up 2 different house mates from The Real World, most likely. lol

i'm not even going to spoiler tag it, i'm glad Ashley went home. "i dont have a bra."
girl please, you just got implants, they're not going to move for a while, you're good.

speaking of, did Nicole get work done? i mean i know she looks completely differnt sans makeup, but i think she got her lips done at the very least.

also, i gotta feeling Jenna is gonna end up being a really good competitor by the time she's done. definitely maybe a reputable vet

and last but not least, shoutout to Aneesa for calling our Cory for his little shortcomings

Also feel like there should be a classification landing somewhere between "First-Timer" and "Veteran". Doing one previous Challenge shouldn't earn you "Vet" status.

totally agree

i'm also one who feels like since it's a big deal; The Challenge #30, there shouldn't have been any new members, and i kinda think it shouldve only been open to Real World/Road Rules since that's how the show began.

that could also be because i pretty much hate all the AYtO kids

I was livid when Darrell was sent packing. Then that final scene happened.

Him going home episode one would've been bad enough on it's own, but to have his exit perpetrated by f***ing Cory? Ugh.

Cory's reasoning for keeping Tony could also be a reason to keep Darrell.Darrell has kids too,but whatever Darrell still has a chance.I really wanted Tony to go home.

I told my wife last night: The "last winners" are the actual losers. They're being set up to have a raft full of enemies later in the game.

Cory's reasoning for keeping Tony could also be a reason to keep Darrell.Darrell has kids too,but whatever Darrell still has a chance.I really wanted Tony to go home.

yeah i heard someone say that while they were all standing there, but i couldnt tell who said it. definitely one of the girls though. Simone maybe?

"CT in all his dad bod glory."

Pipe down, Johnny, his body is better than yours. :o

That Redemption House fight sounds completely insane, so of course they caught none of it on camera. :dry:

Camila: Sorry, Aneesa, but you screwed up!
Camila: *consistently assigns blame when something goes wrong for her*

Camila: "All these girls are just following along with the guys!"
Camila: *votes entirely based on the d*** she's getting*

Yeeeeeah.... I think I'll enjoy her downfall this year.

"CT in all his dad bod glory."

Pipe down, Johnny, his body is better than yours. :o

johnnys aint bad though...
i should hate him, but i can't seem to

but i love CT since Day One

Derrick and Tori, we get it. You're dating.

I love how Cory was bragging about having eliminated all the guys so far. I can't wait til they come back.

blame the editors. they hyped that up too much.

and i'm glad Johnny confirmed what i thought; that Nicole had her lips done. and maaan, she looks so different without the makeup on.

but on that note, i wish they'd show more scenes like that, like her putting the makeup masks on johnny and them playing around at the house. i'd rather see that than the drunk party drama they insist on showing. the goofy stuff they do at the house is where it's at. remember the costume parties? good time.

also, i see a lot of contestants wearing GoPros in different things. where can we see that footage? i'd love to see the footage of someone wearing one in this last challenge

Jemmye is such a nasty b****. :funny:

she is, but i aint even mad lol

i feel kinda bad for jenna though. i actually kinda like her. i dont hate her, she's not a favorite but she plays a good game and she gets along with everyone and doesn't really stir up trouble.
i didn't see kailah's season of Real World, but i don't really get why everyone hates her so much already? is it because she's a threat? i can see that. she's performed pretty solidly in what i've seen the past 2 seasons. is it her arrogance? cuz she's not the only one arrogant as all get out.

also, nelson cannot handle his liquor, neither can tony. when will these people learn? bananas is a jerk, but i'm glad he tried to reign tony in cuz he knew he had kids at home and was being a moron.

also, there's a big ebay auction for items from the challenge with the money raised going to benefit breast and ovarian cancer in Diem's name. i think that is very cool :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"