Contest Of Marvels (Thread 1)

AND THE WINNER OF THE FIRST SEASON OF CONTEST OF MARVELS IS:

Marvel%20The%20End.jpg

THANOS
JOHNNY BLAZE

Well that's all she wrote.....congrats Blaze...:up:

and thank you to all who voted for me...

Congrats to Johnny Blaze. At first I was just really wanting to see Thanos taken out because he was obviously above so many power-wise, but toward the end you had a good 4 or 5 straight very difficult matches, so now I truly believe that Thanos desurved the win he got, he didn't just get it by default because of his power.

You debated well and desurve your win.

Congrats.

Congrats go to both, but mostly to Johnny Blaze. Well done, mate.

Congrats, Blaze. Like JH said, you earned this victory. Thanos started off with a couple easy matches..but, in the end, he really had to earn his victory. (Even with a couple ties!) Also, you're character had to be debated against Powder, TWICE...and, that's a challenge in itself.

Next Monday, I will start to get the victory prizes out to the winners. I'll be emailing both of you on that day, make sure you get something that makes you happy. (Blaze, your prize is already determined. But, if you already have those comics and would like something you don't have, we can talk about that as well.)

Also, Monday when I get to work, we can start discussions about Contest Of Marvels II. (I figure JH or I will post a brand new thread, right?) So, first on the plate that I'd like participants during Season 1 to think about this weekend is what they believe went well and what they'd like to see changed. (But, as I said, let's leave discussion of this until Monday, with Easter being tomorrow and all.)

Everyone have a Happy Easter, and again, congrats to both Powder and Blaze. You both definitely earned the right to be in the final two.

Congratulations to both of you guys :up: You both debated extremly well and deserved to be the final two :D

Good final match guys. And great tournament to everyone who particiapted. For a long time it seemed that this thing would never end. That we weren't getting anywhere. Then all of a sudden, it was over. The last few weeks of matches just flew by. It was a lot of fun.

As for the second tourney, the only thing I'll say now is that we should wait at least a couple of months before starting it. Maybe even three months. That way, those in school will likely be out for the summer, and they'll be no rush to get new ideas, put together lists, and all the other stuff necessary.

Any other ideas I come up with can wait until Monday. But this was a pretty well run event, so kudos to everyone who kept it going smoothly.

Wow, I don't know what to say. Thanks to those who voted for me, and thanks to Powder for making it a good matchup. :up:
And that goes for every time I faced you in this thing...which was a lot of times. I think at least half my matches were against you.

As for next season, I probably won't be participating in it. But, should you decide to go DC for a third one, definitely count me in. :)

Anyway, I'd like to close this post with some random Thanos pics... :D

ThanosVsDarkseid.jpg

Thanos14.jpg

Thanos6.jpg

Thanos1.jpg

Happy Easter everyone! and Congrats again Johnny Blaze :up:

I was wondering, how many people who participated this season are going to be playing next season?

Well, I'll probably be out. But you all should definitely do a DC one of these tourny's for a third season.
I'd be willing to help set up a DC version too if need be. :up:

Sorry i missed it, i just came back from holiday this evening. Congrats Blaze, well deserved!

I'll definitely be doing this again. Plus, since we have more time, we should do a little focusing on recruiting new members; especially considering quite a few of our number isn't going to be participating it seems. I might do a DVD pack for the winner next time. I have bought numerous special edition movies, and am left with the older versions, that I'd never watch. Just coming to mind, I'd have the first 4 Batman movies, Hellboy, Sin City, and Elecktra. It would be something a little different. But, I might go for comics, again, too; especially if most people have those movies.

Not a bad idea, and I agree with W that we need a decent break between season 1 and 2, which I think we'll need anyhow so that we get a good list of characters worked out, and recruit some new blood.

By the way, what comics are you shipping to Powder and Blaze? or is that a secret?

Yeah......I get's me some comics....

I have been recently able to get full comic scans to Infinity Gauntlet and all crossovers, Secret Wars 1, 2, and 3, House of M including every tie-in, Ultimate Spider-man 1-83, Marvel vs DC crossovers, and The Other....man I got some reading to do....

I'm definitely in. I got me some blood vengeance going on now. :p

POWdER-man said:
Yeah......I get's me some comics....

I have been recently able to get full comic scans to Infinity Gauntlet and all crossovers, Secret Wars 1, 2, and 3, House of M including every tie-in, Ultimate Spider-man 1-83, Marvel vs DC crossovers, and The Other....man I got some reading to do....

Yeah, I've recently learned how to download comics (or one way at least. I guess there's a better one but I haven't figured out how to use it yet). In less than a week I have every X-Men and X-Men related comic (including crossovers) from the beginning through just prior of the Gold and Blue team relaunch, and I'll have a lot more in about a day when more downloads finish. I also have downloaded everything Infinite Crisis related, as well as some older stuff I've been interested in like Miracle Man and Batman: Death in the Family. I have myself some reading to do too :)

Yeah I am in the process of downloading the WHOLE infinite crisis...I have never been into DC but this should get me started....the file size shows 4.846 GB, I am not exactly sure how many comics there are....

I have that IC download. (Well, up to IC 3. Had to download the others.) There's about 400 comics in it. It's really good though, going back pretty far (like the fall of Hal Jordan and rise of Kyle Rayner, other stuff to setup some things up). Some of its a little out of order, but you shouldn't get too lost. At least not for long.

I'm not a DC guy either, but I really liked Identity Crisis and Green Lantern Rebirth. I never had the money to really get into Infinite Crisis, save for a few random issues, so it's one of the first things I downloaded. I have all the minis that proceeded the current mini, and I have all of that. I also have some random issues that helped set it up, though not as far back of stuff as W mentioned. So far it's really good. Days of Vengeance was freakin awsome in my opinion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"