Contest Of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Personally, Ultimate characters don't do much for me, even though I love the Ultimate line of comics.

I'd also be up for nominating all of the GLA. I think that, despite the comedic focus of their title, they are comprised of some pretty decent characters. The only one I'd leave out is Mr. I. I don't see him getting far.

I listed a few of them as good potentials, but I think that Mr. I would actually do well. He's a hero at heart and he jumps back up after being killed. I think he can be debated well and go far.

And that's fine about the Ultimate characters. I mostly wanted Ultimate Hawkeye for his coolness factor in the recent issues of Ultimates 2. In my opinion, he kicks the crap out of 616, but that's just me.

Also... I think THIS bio on the Neo does a great job explaining their powers and all the abilities that Domina would be able to use. With this info found, I'd like to officially nominate her for the draft!

Trigger said:
I don't think they're different enough, JH. Speaking of X-characters, did we rule out Darwin? I was a bit curious about him.

Yeah, we ruled out Darwin and Vulcann both because we don't know enough about the extent of their powers and they'd be easily abused. I wouldn't mind them being involved myself, but I can see a problem happening with them both, especially Darwin, so it's best to just let them go for now.

JewishHobbit said:
I listed a few of them as good potentials, but I think that Mr. I would actually do well. He's a hero at heart and he jumps back up after being killed. I think he can be debated well and go far.

And that's fine about the Ultimate characters. I mostly wanted Ultimate Hawkeye for his coolness factor in the recent issues of Ultimates 2. In my opinion, he kicks the crap out of 616, but that's just me.

Also... I think THIS bio on the Neo does a great job explaining their powers and all the abilities that Domina would be able to use. With this info found, I'd like to officially nominate her for the draft!

I like her, but I still have a main question about her. It says she can borrow the powers of her fellow Neo members, but since they fight as a group, it doesn't state whether a member of the group has to be around for her to borrow the powers. It almost sounds like she does need them nearby....which, would make her a little more lame. Any clarification?

BTW, I think that makes TWO votes for Squirrel Girl. Just need one more!!!

The only Ultimates I'd agree with are the ones that are very different from their 616 counterparts. Like Ultimate Green Goblin. Instead of having another personality with weapons and gadgets, he becomes a monster with superpowers.

wiegeabo said:
The only Ultimates I'd agree with are the ones that are very different from their 616 counterparts. Like Ultimate Green Goblin. Instead of having another personality with weapons and gadgets, he becomes a monster with superpowers.

Hey, you can even go with MC2 Green Goblin/Venom. Heck, you can be ingenious and use the Venom with the Green Goblin gadgets.

Here are my votes, some of them are duplicate votes for me.

Yes votes:
Arkon, Basilisk (would he get the stones?), Baron Blood, Cobra, Controller, Darkstar, Dreadnought, Gargoyle, Her, Killer Shrike, Lightmaster, Pluto, Professor Power, Will O' The Wisp, Yellow Claw, Wild Thing, Darkdevil, Demask, Petra, Harvest, Commando (although the lack of specific abilities worries me), Gorgeous George, Ruckus, Super Sabre

No votes:
American Eagle, Asp, Empath, Man-Ape, Switchback, Switch (too one-note), Pipeline, Locus

Don't knows:
Ares, D'Spayre, Mandrill, Plantman, Archer, Cerebro, Cerebro's X-Men, Kamikaze, Chrome, Harry Leland, Paradigm, Paulie Provenzano, Domina, Spoor, Tempo

Here are my votes

Yes to:
Ares
Arkon
Basilisk
Baron Blood
Cerebro
Chrome
Cobra
Controller
Darkstar
Dreadnought
Empath
Killer Shrike
Lightmaster
Plantman
Pluto
Professor Power
Will O' The Wisp
Yellow Claw
Wild Thing
Darkdevil
Demask
Petra
Harvest
Gorgeous George
Ruckus
Spoor (a bio would be nice)
Super Sabre

No To:
American Eagle
Archer
Asp
Commando
D'Spayre
Domina
False X-Men
Gargoyle
Harry Leland
Her
Kamikaze
Locus
Man-Ape
Mandrill
Paradigm
Switchback
Switch
Tempo
Paulie Provenzo
Pipeline

Phaedrus45 said:
I like her, but I still have a main question about her. It says she can borrow the powers of her fellow Neo members, but since they fight as a group, it doesn't state whether a member of the group has to be around for her to borrow the powers. It almost sounds like she does need them nearby....which, would make her a little more lame. Any clarification?

BTW, I think that makes TWO votes for Squirrel Girl. Just need one more!!!

It states in either that bio or another that I had come accross, that she used Jaeger's powers after he had died, so apparently they do not have to be around. Girl is a beast though if you look at all those powers she has at her disposal. It says in the bio that it isn't clear if she can use more than one at a time, so to level the field I say she can only use one, make it more fair. Thoughts?

And eh screw it... I vote Squirrel Girl.

wiegeabo said:
Commando (although the lack of specific abilities worries me)

HERE'S his wiki bio as it adds a little to his powers, but overall I think he's pretty well specified. He's kind of a superhuman like Captain America and he's immune to telepathy. His cyborg enhancements seem pretty basic, such as he shoots a blast from his mechanical arm (that seems pretty normal), and his cybornetic eye allows him to see something like cable, on differant spectrums, such as infared and such. Basic Cyborg stuff if I had to guess. Besides that he's a peak level human and an excellent hand to hand fighter.

Ok, I think these are the characters who have made it into this competition, if I did my addition correctly:

1) Ares
2) Arkon
3) Basilisk
4) Baron Blood
5) Cobra
6) Controller
7) Darkstar
8) Dreadnaught
9) (Already in Competition)
10) Empath
11) Pluto
12) Killer Shrike
13) Professor Power
14) Petra
15) Plant Man
16) Will O' The Wisp
17) Yellow Claw
18) Squirrel Girl
19) Doorman
20) Big Bertha
21) Mr. Immortal
22) Wild Thing
23) Darkdevil
24) Jim Hammond
25) Demask
26) Harvest
27) Georgeous George
28) Ruckus
29) Super Sabre

That leaves one spot. Here are the contenders, from what I've gathered.

Gargoyle, Her, Mandrill, Mainframe, Commando, Chrome, Cerebro, Domina

If I forgot anyone, or any of the above actually got three votes, let me know. Vote for your favorite. He or she with the most votes gets the final spot. Hopefully no ties.

Oh oh....someone just started a "bought/thought" thread without having anything bought or thought. I'm waiting for the beginning of the fireworks from someone.

I kinda feel sorry for Flatman. He's the only GLA'er that isn't representing :( Funny how they were just fillers last season, and somehow most of them ended up making the cut this season :)

And of those listed above, I think I'd further support Chrome, Domina, or Commando over the rest... but I've already cast my votes... so it's up to others.

I'll move Cerbro, Domina, and Mandrill to no.

And I'll vote for Her since it sounds like she could give Adam Warlock a run for his money.

I'll agree on moving Cerebro and Mandrill, but being that Domina has 2 votes so far, and has been discussed, I think she should still remain a possiblity.

That was the two I was most interested in: Her and Domina. Domina sounds like a great addition that would be fun to learn about, and Her would counter Warlock nicely, and since we let such a powerhouse in the competition, it's nice to have another powerhouse.

(Heck, I would almost say take them both and remove a lamer character from our list of 511...Well, except for Squirrel Girl.)

STOP THE PRESSES!!!! Lightmaster is ...ALREADY IN THE COMPETITION.

So...how about it, guys. Do we have three votes for Her and Domina???

Oops, if those two get in, we have another competitor who's already in this thing: Yellow Claw. Now, we need three people voted in.

Ok, my official votes will be for Domina, Her, and Commando.

What are Domina's powers? The bio on her seemed unclear, and I hate that kind of amiguity in a character.

wiegeabo said:
What are Domina's powers? The bio on her seemed unclear, and I hate that kind of amiguity in a character.

It seems that besides her own power, she can also use any one of the other Neo's power. Whoever has her will have to not go overboard in their interpretations, though. She can only use one characters at a time, it would seem. JH did provide a second bio for us, BTW.

I was looking through the Annihilation Nova Corps Files. A few characters of interest, if you guys would rather have some other people to choose from:

1) Fallen One

2) Korath The Pursuer

3) Tana Nile

4) Nebula

5) Ravenous

6) Star-Lord

I'll try to find bios

Nebula doesn't sound too good, but the others are cool. Fallen One seems to be pushing tuber, but so does the Surfer, so I guess Fallen One would work as well. Except that he seems to have an even larger supply of energy than the Surfer since he can use black matter as his source as well as the Power Cosmic, possibly putting him over that tuber bar. (Unless he's only using the black matter, then it would probably balance out.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"