Contest Of Marvels Discussion Thread

JewishHobbit

Avenger
Reaction score
Hello to all of you who are contestants in the Contest of Marvels. Do to the changing of prizes and thus, misleading title of the previous Discussion thread I am asking that you let that thread die away and only post in this one. This is the "Official" Discussion thread about the Contest Of Marvels. Thanks one and all, Subscribe now so you dont' get lost in the conversation!

Yep I am subscribed....I noticed in a previous email you told a person who is not involved that they could vote. Is this a possibility for anyone, because I am not sure if I like the idea. Someone could contact all of their friends and get them to vote for their characters....

I'm okay with voting from outside of the game but be warned that if I get even the slightest hint of someone bringing in friends to vote for them then I will not only ban the voter but the person who got them to come in and vote for them as well. I'm sure there will be warnings but I'm not a very forgiving when it comes to cheaters or bullies. Getting your friends in to vote in general is fine as long as I can see that they aren't being biased toward you. I'm friends with just about every one of you but I don't want you to vote for me based on that. This is a gentlemen's game and I want it to remain like so.

powderman said:
When does the voting end in 24 hours?

It says at the beginning of each voting thread. Last voting day is Wednesday, I believe.

Phaed

What time Wednesday, and what time zone?

Have the people with match ups been PMed or anything? They might be like me and not even realized the matches have started untill they stumble upon them like i did today. :xmen:

Yeah that's how I found out about it, as well as it was mentioned in the old thread "Would you like to win Spiderman..."

PM the three matches that I had.....but if you didn't have any matches then you wouldn't have gotten a pm.

I posted it over in the "Win Spidey Comics" thread and Phaed was supose to PM everyone who had matches to make sure they show up. Sorry but I ran out of time lately and couldn't get around to PMing eveyrone like I wanted.

JewishHobbit said:
I posted it over in the "Win Spidey Comics" thread and Phaed was supose to PM everyone who had matches to make sure they show up. Sorry but I ran out of time lately and couldn't get around to PMing eveyrone like I wanted.

Yeah, I PMed everyone who had matches this week on Friday night, same time I set up the matches. (In fact, I now notice that hardly any of the pictures I posted showed up. That hopefully won't happen, as Nightwing was really nice to help me out and sent me pics and bios.)

Well the voting will end on Wednesday night (my time here in Ohio currently 11:55pm as I type this). I don't know exactly what time but it'll be late, probably around 11:00 PM (after "Lost" goes off :))

Hmm. that smiley is kinda annoying when you try to type time doesn't it?

you just have to disable the smilies at the bottom....

Off Topic: Are you a Lost-aholic too JH? Do you go to the ABC forum?

Well.... I wanted to watch it when it first came out but because it came on when I was at church and I don't have a VCR I just couldn't. Then when summer started it started to come on an hour later so I could catch it. So now I'm about 6 or so episodes into it and my wife and I are both 100% hooked. I doubt it'll run full before season 2 starts so I plan on buying the DVD as soon as it comes out to get caught up. It's the only thing on tv that I watch. I hate tv and only watch 1 hour of it a week.... and that's Lost!

But yeah.. I'm a Lost Junkie now! (Don't ruin anything for me. I already got the death ruined,... NO MORE!)

Trust me you don't find out much...I watched it religiously and watched the repeats in between the new shows. There is a couple of answers solved but a whole lot more unresolved. After you finish watching last year's shows go visit www.spoilerfix.com there is a lot of neat information there, as well as other shows.

But anyways...So there is still one full day of voting...you got anxious to start the voting, didn't you JH?

Haha...I just started watching the reruns of Lost, too. I missed the first episode, and decided way back when to wait for the reruns. Plus, my other shows were interfering with it. I'm really enjoying it, though.

Phaed

I noticed that by continuing to the next 2 matches of every bracket (I am assuming that is how it's done) that I will not have any characters to fight in the next round...oh well I could use the rest after this week.....

powderman said:
Trust me you don't find out much...I watched it religiously and watched the repeats in between the new shows. There is a couple of answers solved but a whole lot more unresolved. After you finish watching last year's shows go visit www.spoilerfix.com there is a lot of neat information there, as well as other shows.

But anyways...So there is still one full day of voting...you got anxious to start the voting, didn't you JH?

Thanks for that, I'll look into it. And I didn't really want to vote so early but I had gotten a few questions on how to vote so I just went ahead and did it so everyone could see. For now on I plan on waiting until just before I close the voting late Wednesday night.

By the way do you think we should continue with more matches per thread? It seems (at least this first round) there is a lot of ownerless characters.

JewishHobbit said:
Thanks for that, I'll look into it. And I didn't really want to vote so early but I had gotten a few questions on how to vote so I just went ahead and did it so everyone could see. For now on I plan on waiting until just before I close the voting late Wednesday night.

It's definitely got some good information for next season. AND don't worry they don't go full blow out spoil any information. It simply states vague information like "Michelle Rodriguez" will be in season 2 as more of a main character.

Actually what I meant about the early voting was that I thought it wasn't going to start until midnight on Tuesday evening.

Battlefield Question:

I was wondering what is the battlefield? Is it simply NY city, is it a stadium, is it a room, etc....

I think if we leave a vagueness to it all that it makes it confusing for both the opponents and people reading. If we simply set a location then we can work with that and be able to more clearly describe situations.

As well, I think we should have multiple possible locations and it will be picked radomnly for each match that week.

i.e. Wharehouse, Boat Docks, Park, Building Top, Street corner, bridge, Stadium, graveyard, simple room, bank, etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"