Contest Of Marvels II Discussion Thread

The Surfer got the boot, so I wouldn't try to match him :p

I'm kinda iffy on Warlock and Her both, wondering if they're tuber or not, but I don't really know. With Surfer gone, they just seem a slight bit above the bar, but it's debatable as I don't know much about either.

I'm all for Commando and Domina though, and as long as everyone else is okay with Her, then I'll okay it. Of the other cosmics you just mentioned, the one that sticks out for me is Korath. I think I'd rather have him in than Her, but I'll be flexable.

Also, if Powder's not coming back (and it looks like he probably won't be), we need to get a good list of locations together. Does anyone know if we ever had a list going on here anywhere? Otherwise we should probably all just start naming places. I don't think we can come up with 513, but if we can get maybe 150 or so, we can just use each location 3 or so times in the tourney. What I'd like to do is draw a location for each round of the entire tournament before the characters are drawn to be placed in the brackets (though it doesn't have to be before we actually give out the characters). That way some people may have advantagous locations fairly, and others not so much. Thoughts? (and note, let's get this list together first, then worry about locations as we recruit new players.. no rush on those just yet).

I thought we decided he was tuber? And why isn't Flatman in? :mad: :(

ok, since this is going to be difficult to come up with the last three, give me five people you want to see advance from the lists, and in the order of preference. Hopefully, we'll come away knowing who the remaining three are if we do it this way. Here are my five:

1) Her
2) Domina
3) Korath
4) Flatman
5) Commando

1) Flatman
2) Korath
3) Star-Lord
4) Her
5) Domina

Hey, sorry to interrupt the flow of the character choosing, but can anybody here make my avatar 75 x 75 for me?:xmen:

I wish I knew how. Powder was real good at that stuff, and was even going to make me a new avatar....but, he's been so darn busy, we only hear from him every once in a great while.

Well, if we ever can get these last three characters, I was thinking we'll need a Contest Of Marvels II Sign-Up Thread. The first few posts will be copy and pastes from this thread, giving the rules we have at the beginning, then a list of our roster of 512.

Bump....still need a top 5 from JH and Wieg before I can determine the final three people.

Midnight Ice said:
Hey, sorry to interrupt the flow of the character choosing, but can anybody here make my avatar 75 x 75 for me?:xmen:

I made an attempt. 'Course, I'm no Powder

well, I saw it yesterday, Trigger. But, it's not even a red X anymore.

I hope JH didn't fall off the face of the earth!!!

Well I gave a warning! About JH, did you pm him?

Trigger said:
Well I gave a warning! About JH, did you pm him?

I did a PM awhile back about something else, and havent' heard back yet. Something must have come up.

Oh, and I can see your avatar now, too.

One more bump. Standings so far, until we hear from JH:

1. Her
2. Korath
3. Flatman
4. Domina and Star-Lord (tie)
6. Commando and Gargoyle (tie)

JewishHobbit said:
Also, if Powder's not coming back (and it looks like he probably won't be), we need to get a good list of locations together. Does anyone know if we ever had a list going on here anywhere? Otherwise we should probably all just start naming places. I don't think we can come up with 513, but if we can get maybe 150 or so, we can just use each location 3 or so times in the tourney. What I'd like to do is draw a location for each round of the entire tournament before the characters are drawn to be placed in the brackets (though it doesn't have to be before we actually give out the characters). That way some people may have advantagous locations fairly, and others not so much. Thoughts? (and note, let's get this list together first, then worry about locations as we recruit new players.. no rush on those just yet).

I went back and realized JH was having a brain fart with the last post. Of course, we only need as many locations as we have weeks. I'm just trying to remember how many weeks it took to do the competition last time. I believe we need 34 locations made up before we start the tournament.

So, I see this being our schedule now:

1) Recruiting new players and coming up with locations.

2) New players will submit their Wish List of 100 characters, IN ORDER of who they prefer to get for this contest. Any remaining characters will be divided up randomly.

3) Brackets will be displayed, and those matches will all be handled randomly.

4) Contest for CoM II will finally begin.

Here are some initial Marvel locations as found in Wikipedia:

1) Alcatraz
2) Asteroid M
3) Attilan
4) Avenger's Mansion
5) Baxter Building
6) Blue Area of the Moon
7) The Cage
8) Danger Room
9) Empire State University
10) Genosha (After destruction)
11) Helicarrier
12) Latveria
13) Madripoor
14) Muir Island
15) Project Pegasus
16) The Raft
17) Savage Land
18) Subterranea
19) Transia
20) Wakanda
21) X-Mansion
22) The Vault
23) Asgard
24) Microverse
25) Battleworld (Beyond's Secret War Planet)
26) Negative Zone
27) Limbo
28) Ego, The Living Planet

With each of these locations, we'll have information about them on Wikipedia...but, some might have to be more specific as to where the contestants will be fighting. After all, we can use various areas within Asgard as locations.

Some suggestions, I guess.

29) The High Evolutionary's Counter-Earth:The first Counter-Earth was built by the High Evolutionary with the help of at least some of the Infinity Gems (Marvel Premiere #1, published in 1972). It was home to Reed Richards' twisted counterpart, the Brute, as well as to Necromancer, a counterpart to Doctor Strange. It had very few superheroes and had Adam Warlock as his champion for a length of time in the early 1970s, fighting mainly the Man-Beast and his allies. It was eventually moved away from the solar system by the Beyonders (Marvel Two-in-One #61-63) and destroyed during Infinity Gauntlet.

This version of Counter-Earth (albeit some differences) appear in the cartoon Spider-Man Unlimited

30) Otherworld: While the dimension of Otherworld is also known as Avalon, the island of Avalon is actually only a small part of the large dimension that is Otherworld. Other places within this dimension include Fomor, home of the Fomorians, Annwn, home of the dead, and many other locales associated with Celtic mythology. The Starlight Citadel is home of Roma and the base of the Captain Britain Corps.

In general, Otherworld is a High fantasy world; gods, elves, dragons and many more live within small towns and large castles with no heavy industry. Large forests and bright lakes separate the several islands and locations from one another. Otherworld is not primitive though, while sorcery and magic is a part of daily life, the Captain Britain Corps and Avalon possess highly advanced technology.

31) Age Of Apocalpse: Not much explaining needed. You shouldn't be in this competition if you don't know what the AoA is. :o

32) Marvel Zombies Universe- Universe where our beloved heroes eat each other and do nasty stuff. :p

33) N-Zone: This dimension has been shown to be quite different than the Negative Zone. For one, the atmosphere is acidic to humans.

34) Marvel 1604: May be a bit off on the year, but the medieval take on the Marvel universe could make for an interesting location. How many heroes/villains could last without access to their regular resources?

We almost had the Zombie world last year; but, we'd have to eliminate the Zombies from it. Since it's suppose to be one on one, the contestants would spend more time fighting the zombies than themselves.

And, yes, you were close: 1602. I can't believe after the terrible sequel to 1602 came out that they are making another to come out in a couple months. With that type of world, though, we'll specify where the combatants would fight. Old England would be good, because someone like Dark Beast wouldn't be able to find computers and such to use like he did last year to win some matches.

Point taken about the zombie world. I figured I'd throw it out there because of the cool factor.

Just typed up a stinkin page long thread and lost it. Grrr.

Anyhow, I've not been around because my internet, cable, and phone were turned off, and I'm not sure when they will go back on. I finally got a stable job working with my wife at Home Depot (making more than I've ever made, even including the 2 factory jobs) so hopefully it will be soon. But just in case it isn't for a while, you all have my permission to continue on with this thing... provided Phaed is up to leading it alone. I don't imagine that it would take longer than maybe 3 to 4 weeks to get the bills all caught up, but in case it does, this is Phaed's game until I'm back. If he wants to keep going with it, cool, if not, then that's alright as well. We'll just wait until I'm back online. Some things you guys can iron out while I'm away is the location list (and once they're decided on, maybe draw them so that we know which location we'll be at on which week). You can also go ahead and start up a sign up thread if you wish. It's in your guys' hands.

Okay, now with that out of the way... I really did have a brain fart for the location thing didn't I? Man, I must have been tired!!! I'll just blame my wife and the 'incident.' (note: incident is my word for when she ran into a pole and blinded me for 2 weeks, and messed up my memory. I also call it the time when she 'broke my brain'. So whenever I make a mistake, I point my finger at her and in a mocking voice yell, "It's her fault, she broke my brain." Then close my eyes and shake my head and quietly whisper "the incident." She usually then tells me that I'm a nerd, or that I've always been dumb. We have a loving relationship).

Anyhow, my top 5 characters are:

1) Commando
2) Domina
3) Korath
4) Chrome
5) Cerebro

Alright, well, I guess it's time to go. I don't really want to though. It's like the last day of school and I just don't really want to stop talking to my friends because I know it'll be such a long time before I see them again, and it just hurts to think that.... OOH Pizza's here.

Seacrest, Out!!!

(P.S. to Phaed... Howie got robbed in the Big Brother House!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"