Contest Of Marvels Discussion Thread

Eh,.. never saw Mr. Deeds. Just don't find Mr. Sandler that funny myself. But then I lack a sense of humor so take it as you will.

Adam Sandler is hilarious. Absolutely hilarious

There are times I like Sandler, but more often than not, not. I thought he was the worst thing in The Longest Yard (come on, him a football quarterback?) and also terribly miscast in Spanglish. His acting is really just awful...he just plays the same person lately, and when I watch him, I don't see the same excitement and freshness from his earlier movies. You know, he just doesn't seem that fun to be around. You see interviews, and he seems ... above it all.

Phaed

I'm trying to use Photobucket, but everytime I try to copy and paste a picture to my computer from a website, nothing comes up. I mean, it makes a file, but when I try to preview it, it says there isn't anything to preview. Any helpful advice???

You need a photoshop program that can display pictures....hmm try downloading it from download.com

here is a link:
http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?qt=photoshop&tg=dl-20&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=+Go!

but even then you don't need to open it from you computer, you simply open your album from Photo bucket and click browse, look through your files to find the pictures and transfer them. Then once you have them in the album you can view them there anytime and when you want to add the pictures to the thread you simply copy the tag line for the image. ie.
and paste them in your post.

Well, I said I'm a computer idiot. I just can't figure out this posting of pictures thing. I've downloaded Adobe...but, try as I might to get something onto the computer, it won't show. Now, if I do this:

The picture shows. Does it show for you guys?

But, I'm now stealing bandwidth. AAAARRRGGGG!!!!! When I do the same copy and paste, it shows a file, but there doesn't seem to be anything in the file.

Phaed

Well, I have both jobs today, and I won't get home until 10:30 tonight. I'm going to post the matches and bios, but pictures won't be available until I figure it out. If anyone else is able to post the pictures, it would be appreciated.

Phaed

Hey phaedrus did you read my explanation post? It's quite easy, just right click the image and click "save as", save it on your computer, then access it through your album on photobucket.

powderman said:
Hey phaedrus did you read my explanation post? It's quite easy, just right click the image and click "save as", save it on your computer, then access it through your album on photobucket.

I know, I did that. But, for some reason, it wouldn't work. I'm going to try it on this computer now, though.

YES!! YES!!! It was the work computer that was a dork...not me this time!!! Photobucket worked like it was suppose to on my home computer. Now, I'll try to do the pics, and if there is any problems with anything, please let me know.

Phaed

Just wanted to add a big THANK YOU to everyone who have helped me this past week. This sure looks a lot better than the crap I did the first week. I can't believe how once you learn it, it's so darn easy!

The location of this weeks fights will be The Savage Land.

Hah,.. If you didn't choose one I was going to say it was at the Savage Land also.

Great Minds think alike and feeble minds wobble together!

Savage Land????Pre Sentinel attack or post?are theyre dinosaurs and stuff?????????

Nightwing said:
Savage Land????Pre Sentinel attack or post?are theyre dinosaurs and stuff?????????

I was thinking classic Savage Land....Dinosaurs and stuff. But, it's your imagination; so, you basically tell us.

Phaed

Um,.. I don't recall a Sentinel attack in the Savage Land. Maybe you're thinking of Genosha.

im thinking of ultimate xmen.in that there is a mother computer which calls sentinels to attack leaving scott and wolverine to fight their way out.i think it was sentinels anyway but it was this computer ordering strikes on the U.S

Okay,.. more specifics toward locations. Take them how either Phaed or I say them and they will always be in the 616 universe unless otherwise noted.

Example: If we just said New York.... it's the basic New York. But if we say New York with Asguard floating over it,... then it's NY with Asguard floating over it. If you can use Asguard in your defense go for it. Otherwise if there is no stipulations given to each location it's the normal location.

JewishHobbit said:
Okay,.. more specifics toward locations. Take them how either Phaed or I say them and they will always be in the 616 universe unless otherwise noted.

Example: If we just said New York.... it's the basic New York. But if we say New York with Asguard floating over it,... then it's NY with Asguard floating over it. If you can use Asguard in your defense go for it. Otherwise if there is no stipulations given to each location it's the normal location.
Asgard, without the "U". :)

I regret to say that i am dropping from this tournament. there is too much going on in my life at present. sorry folks

Nightwing said:
I regret to say that i am dropping from this tournament. there is too much going on in my life at present. sorry folks

Sorry to see you leave, Nightwing. If there is anything we can do for you, just let us know. If the debating part is too much, but you'd still like to vote and see your characters move on...I don't think it's too much of a problem. Speaking for myself, I would like to see you stay on in any way that would be possible.

Phaed

Sorry to see you go man. But I can understand a busy life more than most. Good luck.

Okay, two things:

First thing is that 1) I am making the drawn out brackets slowly. The first bracket is done and posted in thread one on the first post. Click the link and you'll see the first bracket layed out. I'll be taking a break from the book I'm writing over the next few days to work on the rest of them.

and 2) Reguard the event of a tie:

This week we have a tie going between Mesmero and Omega Red. My thinking is that in the event of a tie we will repost the match the following week (with the new matches). This will be a second shot for the owners to debate their characters but I will also now open it up to everyone else,.. open floor discussion on this match only. Then we will vote again, hopefully do a differant outcome.

Sound good to everyone else?

JewishHobbit said:
Okay, two things:

First thing is that 1) I am making the drawn out brackets slowly. The first bracket is done and posted in thread one on the first post. Click the link and you'll see the first bracket layed out. I'll be taking a break from the book I'm writing over the next few days to work on the rest of them.

and 2) Reguard the event of a tie:

This week we have a tie going between Mesmero and Omega Red. My thinking is that in the event of a tie we will repost the match the following week (with the new matches). This will be a second shot for the owners to debate their characters but I will also now open it up to everyone else,.. open floor discussion on this match only. Then we will vote again, hopefully do a differant outcome.

Sound good to everyone else?

#2 sounds good. I also thought of a possible solution...especially if it's a tie again. Since Sparta is also in our little contest, we could always beg him to post the tie match in his thread, and since he get's about 18 votes per match, we would get a good result.

I know some of you guys are watching Lost, like I am. Did I miss an episode...because, they skipped over from the one I watched last Wednesday.

Phaed

it starts on wednesday in britain.cant wait.it looks really good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"