Daily Planet Reporter Clark Kent, do you still want to see him?

I say no. Clark has had so many previous identities, so I don't feel it's necessary to hold on to his reporter persona now that it's dead. This is the best thing for him because once Superman returns, no one will think of Clark being Superman. I want to see more development of this character and not the same things over and over. Sure, he will always be Clark to his close friends and family, but I feel that it's time for a new identity.

I agree with you but, oh boy, will any movie where he's not at the Planet get slammed horribly. I thought it made so much narrative sense to coincide with his return but the haters will absolutely destroy it, I'm afraid. :(

There is an instance of Superman changing his secret identity to that of a firefighter. Also I haven't read much of Superman rebirth but last I checked due to multiverse shenanigans Superman is currently living out in the country with Lois and his son minus the Clark Kent reporter identity.

There are good opportunities story wise in Superman re-establishing Clark Kent beyond the obvious. Personally I would love for DCEU Perry White be in on the secret and help Clark to come back on staff.

There are good opportunities story wise in Superman re-establishing Clark Kent beyond the obvious. Personally I would love for DCEU Perry White be in on the secret and help Clark to come back on staff.

That might be the only way it will work tbh.

Well Perry knowing also adds more to Perry too, makes at least Perry look not like an idiot and gives the Planet editor more meaningful interactions with Superman/Clark.

Perry clearly knows in what we have seen so far, particularly apparent in BvS.

Perry clearly knows in what we have seen so far, particularly apparent in BvS.

You're going to have to forgive me for not taking certain scenes like the "no one cares..." or funereal scene as meaning he knows. They could imply it sure but I'd rather it was explicit.

I sort of posted this in the All Things DC thread but I think if JL doesn't deal with Clark Kent's return then I'd be willing to just accept him been back in the next Superman solo. I mean they could simply set it six months after with no explanation or even have a throwaway line to explain it. Could even be something banterish between Lois and Clark, maybe he gets a story she was working on and she mentions Bruce Wayne's deep pockets the reason Clark is even back at the Daily Planet.

The next film should not be tied down by the previous film having to explain loose threads etc. It should be allowed to be the best film it can be.

I would really find that lame BH. Re-cast and reboot if continuity is gonna be treated like that. That's like a CW move.

Maybe he can put on a trucker hat and come back as Archie Clayton. :whatever:

I would really find that lame BH. Re-cast and reboot if continuity is gonna be treated like that. That's like a CW move.

I disagree, I think if Vaughn or whoever wants to come in and doesn't want to be tied down doing a storyline explaining it then that's the best option. I'd rather they were able to make a kick ass Superman film without been tied into explaining something they don't feel they want to in that story. I think continuity is important but in no way do I think they should have to fix plot threads caused by the other films if it's a detriment to the story.

I disagree, I think if Vaughn or whoever wants to come in and doesn't want to be tied down doing a storyline explaining it then that's the best option. I'd rather they were able to make a kick ass Superman film without been tied into explaining something they don't feel they want to in that story. I think continuity is important but in no way do I think they should have to fix plot threads caused by the other films if it's a detriment to the story.

Thing is I can already see the reviews and the online fans harping on it. Reviewers especially will ask why there is no mention of how Clark is just walking the halls of the Planet again.

Thing is I can already see the reviews and the online fans harping on it. Reviewers especially will ask why there is no mention of how Clark is just walking the halls of the Planet again.

They should explain it somehow, but not make a big deal out of it. Like, a DP staff meeting, Perry talking and two unnamed journalists just having a quick conversation.

Journalist #1: Wait, is that Clark Kent? I thought he died during the Doomsday incident.
Journalist #2: Didn't you hear? Faked his death. Something about an Intergang story he was working on, I don't know. We had a meeting with Perry last Monday about it.
Journalist #1: I wasn't here Monday.
Journalist #2: And you didn't notice Kent all week?
Journalist #1: Did you? The guy is practically invisible.
Jornalist #2: Yeah. Yeah, you're right.

Obviously, not that specifically, but you get the gist.

Last edited:
They would need to explain it. Deal with it for a few scenes in the first act of the next solo and then move ahead.

Oh yeah the fans would **** a brick over it. I doubt critics would even really notice at least not general ones. As I said before a quick line it two would even explain it.

They should explain it somehow, but not make a big deal out of it. Like, a DP staff meeting, Perry talking and two unnamed journalists just having a quick conversation.

Journalist #1: Wait, is that Clark Kent? I thought he died during the Doomsday incident.
Journalist #2: Didn't you hear? Faked his death. Something about an Intergang story he was working on, I don't know. We had a meeting with Perry last Monday about it.
Journalist #1: I wasn't here Monday.
Journalist #2: And you didn't notice Kent all week?
Journalist #1: Did you? The guy is practically invisible.
Jornalist #2: Yeah. Yeah, you're right.

Obviously, not that specifically, but you get the gist.

Yeah something like that quick, to the point and done. But again all this is if Justice League doesn't deal with it.

For whatever reason I don't think the persona is being brought back in JL. Just Superman. So it would probably be up to the next director. That might be for the best anyway.

You're going to have to forgive me for not taking certain scenes like the "no one cares..." or funereal scene as meaning he knows. They could imply it sure but I'd rather it was explicit.

The request for a helicopter from Lois is the tell tale.... his reaction tells you he knows in both how Lois describes the request and his response....

The request for a helicopter from Lois is the tell tale.... his reaction tells you he knows in both how Lois describes the request and his response....

I think he's just a good human being and Lois says its to save a life so he lets her. Also he asks Jenny "where does he go?" let's not forget.

I think he probably knows by the funeral, because well who wouldn't? But prior to that I don't think so.

I think he's just a good human being and Lois says its to save a life so he lets her. Also he asks Jenny "where does he go?" let's not forget.

I think he probably knows by the funeral, because well who wouldn't? But prior to that I don't think so.

The conversation for the helicopter goes beyond that though and Lois is broadly speaking about it being for someone else, to which Perry clicks and agrees to it.

The conversation for the helicopter goes beyond that though and Lois is broadly speaking about it being for someone else, to which Perry clicks and agrees to it.

I disagree I saw it a different way. I don't think he knew. Perry is a good man, Lois says it's not for a story it's to save a life I don't think that shows he knows Clark is Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"