The Force Awakens Daisy Ridley as Rey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I like you! I just sometimes think you're either very deluded into your EU-related hopes, or (hopefully) you're having fun/a laugh. You're grasping at straws, man, don't you see? You'll fall off a cliff into molten lava!

I like you too!

But why do I have to be delusional? Why do I have to be a troll?
Why can't I just be someone who is sincere & who really likes these EU related idea?

I like you too!

Why can't I just be someone who is sincere & who really likes these EU related idea?
Whether Rey and Kylo's real names are Jaina and Jacen, and I seriously doubt they are, there is no evidence supporting it. It is a shot in the dark right now.

You site others who like the theory, but they all show a real lack of knowledge of what this movie is about and who the characters are. Myself and Magnar have followed this movie closer then anyone else here, have been prove right more then once, and yet you ignore all common sense and all the know info to support your idea.

It is fine to want something, but you went pass that along time ago to pushing an odd agenda on here that is not based in reality. You do realize that Kylo is at least 10 years older then Rey? That neither's origin matches those characters from the old EU?

Apollo, everyone is trying to save you from yourself here. The sooner you accept that they are not adapting the EU, the better off you'll be.

Look, I'll come forward as someone who REALLY, really wanted Plagueis to be involved in this new trilogy. At this point I've come to accept that it's extremely unlikely and Snoke is just a new bad guy.

Deep down in my little fanboy heart, I know I'll still do backflips if they so much as even mention Plagueis at any point in the new canon, but for now I am just ready to accept the movie at face value and be open to the fact that the ideas Kasdan, JJ, Arndt, Lucas and the rest of the story group brought to this movie might just be better than our crackpot fanboy theories.

I like you too!

there's nothing wrong with liking the EU stuff.

but when it's already been established that the EU is no longer canon, that means we won't be seeing those elements in the new films.

so as much as you like the EU stuff and want them to be in the new films, you have to let them go and accept that the EU is no longer canon.

What's wrong with Europe? Tell me NA and AUS are still canon.

there's nothing wrong with liking the EU stuff.

but when it's already been established that the EU is no longer canon, that means we won't be seeing those elements in the new films.

so as much as you like the EU stuff and want them to be in the new films, you have to let them go and accept that the EU is no longer canon.

Now I wouldn't go that far...

During Star Wars Celebration 2015, a woman asked the New Star Wars Story Group if we would see favorite Star Wars characters rebooted for the New Canon. People screamed for Thrawn, Mara Jade and others I couldn't distinguish.

3:15
[YT]wUTH2aTWlAw[/YT]

Leeland Chee ( New Canon Story group) : "All of us here have our favorite Legends character we'd love to see come back..."

Pablo Hidalgo: ( New Canon Story Group) "...If I were to instill that answer in one word. It's Yes!"
Leeland Chee smiles.
Jennifer Hendle (Senior Editor at Lucasfilm) nods several times in agreement.

Characters from Legends are coming back. Jaina can always come back. If Rey isn't Jaina, that doesn't mean her character won't make an appearance somewhere in the New Canon. We'll just have to wait and see which characters from Legends Pablo Hidalgo said we would see in the New Canon. Now it's just the waiting game!

If Rey is not Jaina, how in the heck is Jaina coming back? Come on. Jaina was Leia and Han's daughter and the twin of Jacen. By the Maker...

By the way, what they mean is they have the same mandate as they did before with TCW, though it is a far tighter ship with the story group. They aren't going to just bring random characters in if they feel like it. They most certainly won't bring in characters that contradict the canon. IE, Kyle Katarn is probably not coming back because of Finn.

Thrawn coming into the canon makes sense. He isn't tied up in Big Three story. Same for Revan. Will we see Mara? Chances are, probably not. This is no different then the Sith Witches or any other EU stuff that made into TCW. Heck Ventress was that.

One of the best things about this movie coming out is that we can bury this Jaina thing. Early on, okay, but at this point it's just refusing to look at facts.

Rey's staffe is NOT a lightsaber. Its just a staff.

Read this:

Apparently, everyone on the lawless world of Jakku is somewhat beholden to Unkar Plutt. Plutt is a kingpin of thugs who uses his power to the fullest extent. He is the worst capitalist in the Star Wars saga. Supply and demand is simply an excuse to exploit people for Plutt as he controls the water supply (a very valuable commodity on a desert planet). People owe their lives to him on credit alone just so they can subsist. Junkers and scavengers are forced to hand over their most precious materials just for a steady water resource to survive and he never pays anywhere near full price for anything he buys. People like Rey work for a drink of water and getting ahead is not really something she can afford to do on Jakku under such circumstances. Plutt is fine with making fuel for scavenging affordable as it brings him more money, but life on Jakku is not far off from slavery for Rey. She works for Plutt or she dies.

From what I’ve heard, Rey has the staff because it is all she can afford. It is the common weapon of the scavenger types. Weapons are expensive and everything Rey has, from her house (inoperable AT-AT) to her speeder, are things she’s found on Jakku’s battlefield graveyards. Because of the time that has gone by since the Battle of Jakku, even the majority of guns she has managed to find aren’t in actual working order. So Rey has a staff and there’s nothing special about it. It is the common weapon on Jakku. I’ve heard the handgun she possesses might be for show and not even work as well, but that’s not entirely confirmed yet.

http://**************.net/2015/10/star-wars-the-force-awakens-and-reys-not-so-sithly-staff/

Its nothing special, and it doesnt belong to Darth Plagueis. Its just a staff for protection.

Last edited:
So Rey's staffe......Could it be a Rancor toothpick? :hmm

Last edited:
So Rey's staff......Could it be a Rancor toothpick? :hmm

Don't be ridiculous, it's the Rancor's back scratcher. Why would a Rancor need a toothpick? Get it together.

Rey's staffe is NOT a lightsaber. Its just a staff.

Read this:

Its nothing special, and it doesnt belong to Darth Plagueis. Its just a staff for protection.

So, what you're saying is that it's a lightsaber?

Don't be ridiculous, it's the Rancor's back scratcher. Why would a Rancor need a toothpick? Get it together.

To pick Gamorrean flesh from between his nashers, Just because he drools a lot doesn't mean he has no etiquette! Poor Rancor's, so misunderstood. :(

Apollo, everyone is trying to save you from yourself here. The sooner you accept that they are not adapting the EU, the better off you'll be.

Look, I'll come forward as someone who REALLY, really wanted Plagueis to be involved in this new trilogy. At this point I've come to accept that it's extremely unlikely and Snoke is just a new bad guy.

Deep down in my little fanboy heart, I know I'll still do backflips if they so much as even mention Plagueis at any point in the new canon, but for now I am just ready to accept the movie at face value and be open to the fact that the ideas Kasdan, JJ, Arndt, Lucas and the rest of the story group brought to this movie might just be better than our crackpot fanboy theories.

Plagueis is still cannon since he was mentioned in ROTS.

Hahaha nice Marvolo see you saw my post in the general discussion :cwink: Let's see if Apollo gets it through his head (we all know he won't though). So can't wait to see his reply to it now and go on about it being a lightsaber still.

Plagueis is still cannon since he was mentioned in ROTS.

Right, I knew that. I should've clarified- what I meant was if there's any hints that he could have survived or been reincarnated somehow.

I'd love to see the immortality angle explored further in the mythos.

I like you too!

My dear dear Apollo, you have no idea who you're talking to! I'm a guy who will forever think the Yuuzhan Vong story should've been adapted into Eps7-9, no matter how great the episodes we get will be.

As others said, I'm trying to help you let go of expectations that might make you dislike TFA for the wrong reasons. Nothing more, nothing less.

11224992-large.jpg

Actress Daisy Ridley posed with her character's stamp from the Royal Mail's new Star Wars collection.

Eighteen stamps have been issued to celebrate Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens, featuring nine iconic characters from the Star Wars saga films and three from the upcoming release.

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/...ion-released/story-28042354-detail/story.html

Promo poster

CR15AN-WcAAUmmn.jpg:large

Susan MacNeal added a status update: So, some good news I can FINALLY share — Daisy Ridley (aka Rey in Star Wars VII) has bought the film/TV rights for MR. CHURCHILL'S SECRETARY and the entire Maggie Hope series! We're going to meet when she comes through NYC for her press tour. Fingers crossed...

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/517286.Susan_Elia_MacNeal

Star Wars VII actress Daisy Ridley just bought the film/tv rights. Fingers crossed!

https://twitter.com/SusanMacNeal/status/658375409151643648

Well, Daisy Ridley, of course [for the role of Maggie]!

https://twitter.com/SusanMacNeal/status/657638018786971652

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman