The Rise of Skywalker John Boyega as Finn (IX)

Defending one non white person doesn't mean they won't be racist towards another.

Maybe you should listen to Snow Queen above. Stop quoting my posts.

Maybe you should listen to Snow Queen above. Stop quoting my posts.
I don't think there's a huge amount of time between your last post and this here. I wasn't attacking you.

It was from January. Let it go.

Honestly I thought Finn could've been a Jedi. I was very disappointed that he wasn't after seeing him with a lightsaber in TFA trailer. But nothing compares to how disappointed I was when they could've made him Lando's son but didn't and could've put Rey and him together but didn't.

Last edited:
I never saw Finn and Rey as a couple myself, they seemed to have a brother/sister kind of relationship.

Finn's biggest waste was that he could have been the leader of a mass revolt against the FO by the stormtroopers, but they gave that role to Jannah, and likeable as Naomi is, her character was completely unnecessary, as were most of the new characters in TROS.

It’s likely that LFL being gobsmacked by Adam Driver’s talent and ignoring Kylo’s problems as a character is why they sought to replace Boyega as the male lead rather than outright intentional racism, particularly with the clearly enamored Rian Johnson in TLJ, ...

...Thought the apathy, disinterest, lack of ambition, and at times almost sabotage-looking downplaying of Finn feels like to very much comes from some white privilege and systemic racism.

Which is a shame, because Finn is still the BEST male lead of the ST - Luke was more of a movie-stealing guest star doing his own thing, and Kylo/Ben is simply inferior in every way.

Wasting Boyega is a big part of the ST losing a $Billion between the first and last films... and he started being wasted in TLJ, and it sounds like LFL refused to let him be used well in TROS. I really hope it wasn’t because their Kylo obsession got out of control... again.

Honestly I thought Finn could've been a Jedi. I was very disappointed that he wasn't after seeing him with a lightsaber in TFA trailer. But nothing compares to how disappointed I was when they could've made him Lando's son but didn't and could've put Rey and him together but didn't.
I would have liked him being a Jedi (could still be secondary to Rey) or Lando’s son, but having a half decent story would have been more than enough.

I'll moan that it should have happened in the trilogy, but I'm down to see Finn do more. I'm in if Boyega is really being Disney+'d. I want that Rose Tico show still too.

Would Boyega actually be down for that?

You'd think not, but disney have a big old bag of reasons to reconsider. In less cynical terms, Boyega loves Star Wars, some time and distance may have cooled his frustrations, and a leading role in a high profile series probably looks much more appealing in a post-covid world. It's a second chance to do Finn justice with no distractions this time.

... Or this is just a false rumour. For the reasons above, I think Boyega will return at some point though. A successful franchise role is great for paying the bills between smaller projects.

I'm down to see Finn do more. I'm in if Boyega is really being Disney+'d. I want that Rose Tico show still too.
5itgex.gif

5k5t3k.gif
:dry:

Last edited:
There could be some truth in it because Boyega suddenly left a Netflix show he was supposed to star in.
As for him dismissing being in a Disney+ show....I've lost count of how many actors who have flatly refused to return to a role they starred in only to spectacularly change their minds!

Sean Connery briefly returned to the Bond role in Never Say Never Again, and Daniel Craig is also back playing Bond despite famously announcing he'd quit.
It depends on:
a. the script and premise
b. the money
c. if they have nothing major lined up
As Boyega and Ridley are very good friends I also wouldn't be surprised if Rey also has a tv series...years ago film actors considered tv work beneath them, but these days companies like Amazon, Netflix and Disney+ make an obscene amount of money and the quality of the writing (with a few exceptions) is far better than it used to be. Neither Boyega or Ridley seem to have done or signed on for anything 'big' post TROS; Isaac is currently signed on to play Moon Knight and will be playing Leto Atreides in Dune, so him being in a SW series seems unlikely at least at the moment, but the others...
We'll see.
Tom Hiddleston does stage and film work as well as tv.

I want Finn as a lead character again and following his path as a user of the Force. Seeing that it's unlikely he'll appear in another trilogy as a lead then I want a D+ series. How his character was diminished as the sequel trilogy went along will always stick a craw in me.

^ Agreed. There's a ton to do with Finn.

Nope. Sounds like a bs rumor to me. Especially after:

“You ain’t going to Disney Plus me!” the actor added with a laugh.

He said: "I am open to the conversation as long as it is Kathleen, J.J., and maybe someone else and the team, it's a no-brainer," in May.

You know, Abrams reduced him to Rey's groupie in TROS, yet he's still on good terms with him.

Rewatched the Last Jedi the other day fir the first time since 2019 and, wow, I actually pretty much love it upon rewatch. There's so much good stuff in that movie and it makes me wish Johnson was in charge of the whole trilogy.

I'll moan that it should have happened in the trilogy, but I'm down to see Finn do more. I'm in if Boyega is really being Disney+'d. I want that Rose Tico show still too.

I'm sorry but a Rose Tico show? Was that actually proposed?

Rewatched the Last Jedi the other day fir the first time since 2019 and, wow, I actually pretty much love it upon rewatch. There's so much good stuff in that movie and it makes me wish Johnson was in charge of the whole trilogy.

I've long believed if Rian at least started the trilogy he would be far less divisive. A lot of the controversial things he did in Last Jedi were trying to charter a new course for the saga to remove or spice up the formulaic concepts that The Force Awakens shackled the sequel trilogy with through the mystery boxes. Rian does the first film then he sets the tone, and I also think he writes Luke Skywalker far differently (and probably more fan friendly) because Luke would be introduced in the new trilogy under his terms; not trying to figure a cute/clever reason why Luke escaped to an island for years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"