Dan Trachtenberg’s Predator film ‘Prey’

They had a great cast and director and it fell really short.
Hope this one is better.

i think Predator might be one of those concepts that are just really limiting. But I'm hoping I'm wrong

Didn’t see the last one, and this one apparently isn’t connected to that.

Did not expect to see this so soon after the last one. I mean, sure? I liked '10 Cloverfield Lane' so that's a start. I can't imagine many people will care at this point, and I'm not sure there's all that much left to mine from the original premise. Such a bizarre franchise it's turned out to be.

Did not expect to see this so soon after the last one. I mean, sure? I liked '10 Cloverfield Lane' so that's a start. I can't imagine many people will care at this point, and I'm not sure there's all that much left to mine from the original premise. Such a bizarre franchise it's turned out to be.
Yeah that's where I'm kinda at.

I mean Predators was cool and was similar while still being different. Without going to the Predator homeworld I just feel like it could just be a rehash.

Yeah that's where I'm kinda at.

I mean Predators was cool and was similar while still being different. Without going to the Predator homeworld I just feel like it could just be a rehash.

It’s going to be hard to find a new angle but maybe they’ll pull it off.

The last one was pretty poor so glad they are moving from that. I find Black over rated as a director.

They just need to find something new to do with franchise now. Predators was the most interesting sequel for that reason, shame they dropped that storyline. But I liked 10 Cloverfield Lane so here’s hoping.

Man Foxney are announcing some good stuff this weekend already though.

The last one had part of a really cool premise. Stretch out the part of the Predator being captured and escaping from the lab into a full movie, having the Predator to McGuyver it up with human tech. Damn, that would have been fun.

Now, I do agree that there might not be much room for a lot of unique and new stuff, but the franchise is ripe for just a fun action movie.

I am here thinking ahead to where it's going to stream.

The last one had part of a really cool premise. Stretch out the part of the Predator being captured and escaping from the lab into a full movie, having the Predator to McGuyver it up with human tech. Damn, that would have been fun
How could a Predator "up himself" with anything on Earth? They're far more advanced beings.

I know Shane Black's The Predator was poorly received, there were elements that I did enjoy; it was good up until the point the Predator on steroids was introduced. The scene in the laboratory was, I thought, quite badass.

Needless to say, I have high hopes for a fifth film. Hopefully it learns from the mistakes of its predecessors, and has limited to zero connection to any film that comes before it.

I'd happily settle for a futuristic setting between colonial marines and a clan of hunters. Save the xenomorphs though, we don't need those for a successful Predator film.

Great choice of director! Here's hoping that it isn't over-edited like the last film.

I just want to know if Disney is using Hulu for 20th Century stuff or an add-on for Disney+ branded Star. Can't wait for that shoe to drop.

Do they really believe in the Hulu brand?

Admiring the persistence of the studio.

Will they annouce another Terminator in the making soon?

The first one is one of the best action movies ever. None of the sequels get even close and the last one was shockingly bad considering we had Shane Black at the helm. I just don't have much faith that they can do anything good with the property unfortunately.

I will be interested as much as the first trailer grabs me.

I love this franchise but they've, like too many other well worn franchises, went to well too often with poor results to show for it.

I think a series or mini series on a streaming service is the way to go.

There's a lot of questions and lore with this concept to explore but I think steaming is the way to go.

For poops and laughs...

65gxGxO.jpeg

JCVD in the first draft of the Predator suit before Stan Winston's redesign.

For poops and laughs...

65gxGxO.jpeg

JCVD in the first draft of the Predator suit before Stan Winston's redesign.
Cool to see. I think the final version would have been better guessing from the angle we can see here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"