Waterworld

I was all right with Waterworld, but I'm surprised they're going there with it having such a reputation for being a box office bomb. Are there children from the time who grew up with nostalgia for it, or are they hoping enough younger people are approaching this from a neutral perspective?

I mean the idea, the setting of Waterworld is quite interesting, but...WHAT THE HELL?

I was all right with Waterworld, but I'm surprised they're going there with it having such a reputation for being a box office bomb. Are there children from the time who grew up with nostalgia for it, or are they hoping enough younger people are approaching this from a neutral perspective?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

My guess they will make it political as f***, so they can catch clima hipster movement.

B3EfMgD.gif

seaonfire.jpg

ap21183461831095_wide-9827f4dcc759b5ae9869ed7f13e71a3749d9e8cc.jpg

SEP20-GOES-Satellite-Composite-OR-and-CA-Fires.gif

Dude...

****s on fire, yo.

Towns are getting wiped off the map.

This isn't about hipsters.

Clima change is a real and dangerous challenge these years, no doubt.

I just mean a lot of people demonstating "Clima is so important" but they dont change there individual behaviour. No waste seperation, waste of water, using the car instead of the bicycle even for distances under 2km or all those motorcycle guys who create CO2 just for fun ridings. For a real change everything has to reconsider his own behaviour.
So in a way, for me they are hipsters, because its "cool" to be for clima these days. But its hypocritical and blank. Not for all of them though.

I’m aware of the original’s reputation but I’ve never actually seen it. The concept has potential. But this is from the producer of the original movie and it’s apparently following the characters from that movie. Which is an odd choice for such an infamous movie. You’d think they’d want to distance themselves from it.

I’m always up for more Mad Max on the water.

And old Kevin Costner showing his gills. I assume the little girl is now grown and will lead a new generation.

So-called "water movies" are notoriously difficult — and expensive — to produce. That was certainly the case for Waterworld. I wonder how they'll manage a TV series... Smaller scope? Lots of CGI?

Always liked Waterworld - would love to watch a series

I’m definitely going to see the Waterworld stunt show at Universal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"