The Worst Big Budget Hollywood Blockbusters

Still amazed by how popular it became, classmates of mine would tell me with a straight face that Jacob and Bella's child were destined to be together because she was half-human, half-vampire and grew into a teen faster than normal, none of them saw anything wrong in that except those that weren't fans of the franchise to begin with. lol.

I liked the last one because it focused primarly on the build up to the battle and the battle ended up being surprisingly good, the melodramatic lovey-dovey garbage was restrained compared to the others and it felt more like an action movie.

The rest are all terrible and so loaded with stupidity it felt like it had to be intentional.
They're just really, really bad movies that appeal to the females of the generation enough to become blockbuster successes though, I don't think they qualify as big budget Hollywood blockbusters like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, your typical superhero movie, the Transformers movies, etc...

I don't think the Twilight movies are big budget blockbusters, just awful movies (although I surprisingly enjoyed the last one, still a terrible series though) that made a ton of money.

Well, according to Wikipedia the budget for the movies went from $37 million for the first one to $120 million for the last. It might be far from the $200+ million you see for the most expensive movies these days, but they certainly weren't small, cheap movies. They certainly deserve to be called big budget block busters more than some other movies mentioned in this thread.

There was a big boost in the budget with New Moon, the first film was definitelly smaller, then it made enough money for the studio to spend more, so that the werewolfs can be CGIed

I liked the last one because it focused primarly on the build up to the battle and the battle ended up being surprisingly good, the melodramatic lovey-dovey garbage was restrained compared to the others and it felt more like an action movie.

The rest are all terrible and so loaded with stupidity it felt like it had to be intentional.
They're just really, really bad movies that appeal to the females of the generation enough to become blockbuster successes though, I don't think they qualify as big budget Hollywood blockbusters like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, your typical superhero movie, the Transformers movies, etc...
See, the funny thing is that for some reason it also apeals to many males, i've seen many go, and they weren't dragged by their girlfriends, they genuinelly liked the films

That last Twilight movie was great.

In the same way that The Room is great. :oldrazz:

Don't try to be logical with him, did you not see his list included 2001: A Space Odyssey and The Shining?
I just saw that, and it's crap, absolute crap
Starts with 3 minutes of black screen
"Dawn of Man" is a useless half hour
More than one hour of floating objects in still images with no joy in watching
The ending is absolute crap

I'd say the first Star Trek film (the bad one from the 60s, not the well made modern one) is better, and see no shame in that

The first Star Trek film was from 1979. :huh:

That last Twilight movie was great.

In the same way that The Room is great. :oldrazz:
If there was ever a reason to watch those films, its for Michael Sheen as ambiguously gay vampire #1. He made me laugh so much. :woot:

Let Arnold do what he needed to do. He's the cyborg. That's why she got her back slashed.

Yeah, but she's not a "damsel in distress" anymore. She's a warrior, and she'll go down fighting even if, as The Borg say, resistance is futile.

Wild Wild West
Pearl Harbor
Godzilla
Catwoman
Battlefield Earth

Seriously? You're making the Jew-killing-baby-Hitler analogy?

She didn't even try reasoning with him. She just tried to blow his brains out in front of his kid. And he's just one dude at Cyberdyne. If he didn't invent what he did, someone else would have. They had the old T-800's arm.

Does it excuse her character getting institutionalized and taking her doctor hostage and, it's been a while since I saw this, but didn't she break one of his bones or stab him?

No. No, it doesn't. Sarah was smart in the first movie. She knew there was a "gathering storm." That doesn't mean she goes wacko crazy and gets sent to a padded-room. She would have been more intelligent about how she prepares and tries to warn people about the coming robot apocalypse and prevent it in a rational, effective way. Going nutso achieves nothing.

First, you're forgetting that she asked the T-800 exactly how Skynet took over and exactly who built it. He told her that Dyson was the man who was most directly responsible. To her, that was reason enough.

Second, you're either forgetting or ignoring the fact that she has been living with the knowledge that Judgement Day was coming and that she knew precisely when it would be happening. She also had the responsibility of preparing John to become the saviour of the entire human race. Either one of those can make even the strongest psyche crack under the pressure, and she had to deal with BOTH. Most people don't have to deal with that kind of stress. The closest thing I can think of are the soldiers stationed at the nuclear siloes around the world, who are charged with launching the missiles if their commanders ever give them that order. They literally have the fate of the entire world in their hands. Not everyone can handle that kind of stress. Now imagine that stress multiplied tenfold. That is the kind of stress Sarah Connor was under after the events of the first movie. And not just for a few weeks or months, but for twelve years. She's lucky she wound up only being as nuts as she was.

As for her attacking her doctor? He had just showed her pictures of Arnie in the shopping mall where her son was last seen. He told her that John was missing, and that his foster parents had been murdered. And earlier, he had refused to grant her visitation privelages so she could see John. And now he was in danger with (presumably) another T-800 after him. So she attempted to escape with extreme prejudice. Everyone knows, there is no animal more dangerous than a mother protecting her young. And you never, EVER, get between a mama lion and her cubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"