The Worst Sequel Concepts of All Time

Gotta agree with UnionJack on this one, while Ellen Page might have a better acting career than lets say Hilary Duff :woot:, her monotonous voice is really annoying as if every word out of her mouth sounds sarcastic.

She sounds too much like the girl robot from the TV show Small Wonder. :grin:

Thank you :woot: starting to think I was the only one who thought she sounded annoying and yes to the sarcastic thing, totally get that.

Think all the Juno hype went to her little head, getting all too-cool-for-school non-sense Diablo Cody (horrible writer btw) wrote.

Agreed. Hell, I didn't even think he was bad in T:S. I just think people expected something spectacular, and since the film sucked overall, they picked out Bale as being the worst part of it or whatever.

Bale is a stellar talent... if more people would actually watch some of his non-fanboy films, they would notice that. Whenever someone trashes his acting, I tell them to go watch The Machinist, Velvet Goldmine or Empire of the Sun.

dont forget harsh times & american psycho!

There was a Wall Street 2?

Those Hollywood ****es will stop at nothing.

It's in production right now. It stars Michael Douglas and Shia "The Franchise Kid" LaBouef. :(

Well...Michael Douglas is a plus. Likely the only plus.

Also, another one I have to add to this list... I'm sure many of you won't agree, but...

The Chronicles of Riddick. So many things in that movie just made me go "What the hell?" And not in a good way. I think Twohy and Diesel were on acid when they thought that movie up.

I said the same thing about Harrison Ford and Indy 4.

And well... :doh:

I was very disapointed with Crystal skull but I thought Harrison Ford was great in it, his was the only aspect that measured up to the original trilogy I thought. I'd say it was Lucas and Spielberg that didn't get it together.

another bad sequel...Scream 3....1st Scream was as good as it gets with the slasher movies, 2nd one was not as good but surprised me that it was in fact a pretty good watch, still had some ideas in there about playing with the conventions of the genre.
Scream 3 on the other hand was a completely forgettable excercise, and as far as I recall was just a completely by the numbers movie, and not a very good one at that.
This was down to Kevin Williamson leaving the franchise as he said he had no more ideas for it, I was surprised he said he's wanting to do more now. Hope that's because he has some new ideas and not because he's desperate.

Hmm, thought it might be good to revive this thread because I have to recant my earlier WTF reaction to the Wall Street sequel. I think it looks really good and I think it could be a really relevant movie with what happened during the Financial Crisis.

However, I would like to add "The Hangover 2 in 3D." Perhaps this was a joke, but if they were being serious... seriously, what the hell? This 3D trend is going WAY to far if you take a movie where 3D is clearly unnecessary and add it. I am looking forward to a sequel because I loved the first one but making it in 3D would be nothing more than a cheap gimmick that serves no actual purpose except maybe to see some T&A up close. And if you need that, then either find a girlfriend or hire a hooker.

jaws 2 -4 (the revenge :facepalm:)

I like how they treated it like the same shark kept coming back or a family member of the shark.

jaws 2 -4 (the revenge :facepalm:)

I like how they treated it like the same shark kept coming back or a family member of the shark.

The next Jaws is supposed to be even scarier. the Jaws shark becomes a cyborg that learns to talk and drives a Taxi where he eats people when they reach their destination.

The next Jaws is supposed to be even scarier. the Jaws shark becomes a cyborg that learns to talk and drives a Taxi where he eats people when they reach their destination.

The big question is...does the shark have fricken laser beams?

:up:

Seriously though, isn't there talk of remaking JAWS:doh:

its a shame too, how do you remake a movie that still scares you to not go into the water? I can imagine hollywood watering it down to deep blue sea levels.

The best thing that happened to the original was that the mechanical Shark ended up messing up so much. Not showing the shark for so long made it ten times better.

And in the remake we'll probably see it in the opening scene:csad:

I have often read of the fact that the writers of Robocop1 were jettisoned in favour of Frank Miller being a bad thing, and I thought to myself that yeah, they probably should have written the next one as the 1st was a stone cold classic.
But then I read what their idea for the sequel was and the Frank Miller penned RB2 did not seem so bad.
they wanted to cryogenically freeze Robocop so he was out of commision for a couple of hundred years and woke up in a future where he was somewhat obsolete.
So, what you do is jettison the interesting characters and situation like Lewis and the whole privitisation of the police and the city by OCP for some futurama scenario so they can do more robots without having to explain them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"