The Worst Sequel Concepts of All Time

but X3 had worse problems than just casting imo.)

the part that sticks out the most continuity wise is in the forest

wolverine has a jacket on, then it cuts to one of magneto's guys
then it cuts back to wolverine and his jackets gone and he's wearing a singlet

what it got too hot out there in the forest :o

the part that sticks out the most continuity wise is in the forest

wolverine has a jacket on, then it cuts to one of magneto's guys
then it cuts back to wolverine and his jackets gone and he's wearing a singlet

what it got too hot out there in the forest :o
Lol:woot:.

What you've listed is not concept, it's execution.

The concept of X3 was quite good. Pheonix returns to wreak revenge on those who imprisoned her, while at the same time a major corporation announces that it has found a cure for the mutant gene. This puts the mutant community into disarray, with Magneto marshaling an army to wage war on humanity, and leaving the X-men to stop him.

As a concept, it was actually a good idea. Execution-wise...not so much. The only thing you could criticize the concept on is that it was probably trying to do too much. The phoenix saga could be a movie in and of itself, and when you try to shove in the cure storyline as well, it gets prettyed crowded.

I think that X-Men 3 suffered the same sort of problems as did Spider-Man 3, too much executive meddling (even though he messed up Superman, imagine how much better or different things would've been had Bryan Singer directed it instead of Brett Ratner) and cooks in the kitchen. Basically, they were too movies for the price of one.

Poor Ben Foster:hehe:. (granted he'd make a better Loki than angel, but X3 had worse problems than just casting imo.)

Too true I always thought someone like Jason Lewis would play him.

528145669.jpg

Halloween Resurrection: Kill off Jamie Lee Curtis in a crap way within the first ten minutes, then send a bunch of stupid annoying teenagers to set up the internet in Michael Myers' house.

Halloween Resurrection: Kill off Jamie Lee Curtis in a crap way within the first ten minutes, then send a bunch of stupid annoying teenagers to set up the internet in Michael Myers' house.

And don't forget
Busta Rhymes breaking out Kung-Fu moves on Michael and actually surviving!:whatever:

^^^^ OH WTF

never saw ressurection... now.... i don't want to

Turbulence 2: Fear of Flying
Turbulence 3: Heavy Metal

LMAO!

Alot for people like Juno or whateverherfaceis but I don't, far too stiff and wooden and seems to have the monotone voice that grates my ears.

First of all, her names is Ellen Page. If you're going to continue to cut someone up, you might as well take the time to learn the person's name. Second, just judging by your comments, I'm betting that your vast knowledge of her acting ability comes from watching Ellen's 20 minutes of screentime in X3 along with the Juno trailer.

First of all, her names is Ellen Page. If you're going to continue to cut someone up, you might as well take the time to learn the person's name. Second, just judging by your comments, I'm betting that your vast knowledge of her acting ability comes from watching Ellen's 20 minutes of screentime in X3 along with the Juno trailer.

I just irritates me when people do that for some odd reason.

It's like judging Christian Bale as an actor SOLELY based on Terminator Salvation, and not on American Psycho or The Machinist.

And it shows how no one can get a break. Of course no one's gonna be safe from fanboys but when you're following someone's career like that, I can't help it be to be somewhat attached to them.

I saw Juno and thought it was awful.

Acting and writing was poor, Page herself isn't this great next-big-thing people bang on about, just yet another mediocre actress.

watch Hard Candy.

And I won't force you to like a movie or not, but to me, Juno was harmless. Snarky, but it was never meant to be the hit that it was.

Too true I always thought someone like Jason Lewis would play him.

528145669.jpg

Darkness Falls said:
he looks more like angel than Foster did

So, you guys would prefer someone with 'perfect' looks who can't act to someone who can act but has a bump on his nose. I wouldn't want to watch the movies in the parallel dimension where you guys call the shots.
Yeah, I used to watch Sex and the City all the time, that guy cannot act at all, he was cast for his looks. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a real life model who was cast as a model in the show, originally planned to just have a couple of lines but then had his role expanded as the show started getting lots of pairs of knickers sent to them with his name written on them.(edit: In fact i have a vague recollection of reading somehwre that this was basically what happened.)
I honestly can't believe you dissed Ellen Paige's acting skills and then post up this guy for X3.

Last edited:
So, you guys would prefer someone with 'perfect' looks who can't act to someone who can act but has a bump on his nose. I wouldn't want to watch the movies in the parallel dimension where you guys call the shots.
Yeah, I used to watch Sex and the City all the time, that guy cannot act at all, he was cast for his looks. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a real life model who was cast as a model in the show, originally planned to just have a couple of lines but then had his role expanded as the show started getting lots of pairs of knickers sent to them with his name written on them.(edit: In fact i have a vague recollection of reading somehwre that this was basically what happened.)
I honestly can't believe you dissed Ellen Paige's acting skills and then post up this guy for X3.

I posted him as that's what I always imagined Angel to look like, I know the guy can't act at all, but LOOKS WISE he is what I've thought he would be like.

I posted him as that's what I always imagined Angel to look like, I know the guy can't act at all, but LOOKS WISE he is what I've thought he would be like.

Yeah well, that's not what you said originally though, you said 'I always thought someone like Jason Lewis would play him.'
Sure, I got the fact you posted the picture to illustrate how you thought an actor should look who plays Angel, but there are many actors with his kind of generic good looks like his out there, with all this debate on what constitutes good acting you can imagine my surprise when you posted up a guy who is basically a good looking Vinnie Jones, ie can't act but gets in there because of the looks.
I can see what kind of look you are suggesting of course, and it is closer to the comics version. But I'd say Ben Foster scrubbed up pretty good for the part and was good looking enough for it not to be some kind of black mark against the comic version.

I saw Juno and thought it was awful.

Acting and writing was poor, Page herself isn't this great next-big-thing people bang on about, just yet another mediocre actress.

Good for you. A lot of other people saw Juno and thought the opposite. It may be true that overwhelming critical acclaim and oscar nominations are not always proof that a movie is good. However, I would be more likely to take it as evidence that Juno was a worthy film filled with good performances over the snide comments of some guy on the internet who isn't even familiar with any of Page's other roles.

I just irritates me when people do that for some odd reason.

It's like judging Christian Bale as an actor SOLELY based on Terminator Salvation, and not on American Psycho or The Machinist.

And it shows how no one can get a break. Of course no one's gonna be safe from fanboys but when you're following someone's career like that, I can't help it be to be somewhat attached to them.

Agreed. Hell, I didn't even think he was bad in T:S. I just think people expected something spectacular, and since the film sucked overall, they picked out Bale as being the worst part of it or whatever.

Bale is a stellar talent... if more people would actually watch some of his non-fanboy films, they would notice that. Whenever someone trashes his acting, I tell them to go watch The Machinist, Velvet Goldmine or Empire of the Sun.

First of all, her names is Ellen Page. If you're going to continue to cut someone up, you might as well take the time to learn the person's name.
Gotta agree with UnionJack on this one, while Ellen Page might have a better acting career than lets say Hilary Duff :woot:, her monotonous voice is really annoying as if every word out of her mouth sounds sarcastic.

She sounds too much like the girl robot from the TV show Small Wonder. :grin:

Superman Returns

The idea of a reboot being a sequel to Superman II; Luthor as the villain for the fourth time with the same real-estate scheme; didn't get a villain Superman could go toe-to-toe with...

...It all just makes me shake my head.

Don't forget Routh doing a Reeve impression. I do think Routh could do great if they gave him the freedom. And Supes hardly spoke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"