The Worst Sequel Concepts of All Time

X-Men 3
Spider-Man 3
The Cell 2
Superman 3,4 and Returns
Jaws 3D ... Jaws Revenge
Karate Kid 3

X-Men 3 was not a piss-poor sequal concept.

X-Men 3 is an example of piss-poor sequal implementation... and bringing in Ratner to direct it wasn't half predictable...

Singer, Singer Where Art Thou Singer?

X-Men 3 was not a piss-poor sequal concept.

X-Men 3 is an example of piss-poor sequal implementation... and bringing in Ratner to direct it wasn't half predictable...

It totally ruined what 1 and 2 had started, killed people off for no reason.

Had awful cameos and bad casting.

The kid who played Angel did NOT have the right look at all.

Juno as Kitty was crap, that girl can't act for toffee I'm sorry Juno lovers but she's awful.

Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut in a plastic muscle suit!?

Jean Grey when as Phoenix looked f***ing awful ike an old lady!!

Also this started the now neutered Wolverine for all the kids to love.

It totally ruined what 1 and 2 had started, killed people off for no reason.

Had awful cameos and bad casting.

Juno as Kitty was crap, that girl can't act for toffee I'm sorry Juno lovers but she's awful.

Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut in a plastic muscle suit!?

Jean Grey when as Phoenix looked f***ing awful ike an old lady!!

Also this started the now neutered Wolverine for all the kids to love.

What you've listed is not concept, it's execution.

The concept of X3 was quite good. Pheonix returns to wreak revenge on those who imprisoned her, while at the same time a major corporation announces that it has found a cure for the mutant gene. This puts the mutant community into disarray, with Magneto marshaling an army to wage war on humanity, and leaving the X-men to stop him.

As a concept, it was actually a good idea. Execution-wise...not so much. The only thing you could criticize the concept on is that it was probably trying to do too much. The phoenix saga could be a movie in and of itself, and when you try to shove in the cure storyline as well, it gets prettyed crowded.

i think a lot of things were half realized in X3. I thought that Superman Returns was the opposite of X3: Half baked concept but good execution.

i think a lot of things were half realized in X3. I thought that Superman Returns was the opposite of X3: Half baked concept but good execution.

I agree. X3 had a lot of good ideas, but it left them all half developed.

Agreed.

And Jack you're nitpicking with some things. Like the look of the characters. That was the least of the film's problems.

The story had great potential. But just the story. The characters and how they should of been done is different. I would of made Cyclops take the front seat and put Logan in the back. His story was done in X2, now let Scott actually act like a leader and take the front seat. It should of been him to get to Jean. Logan should of went back to his kackass ways because he too is secretly distraught of Jean's place. So mroe antagonizing between the two.

Logan should of left at the end of the movie, like the end of the first, and (Xavier should of survived) and Xavier telling him that he is always welcome back and that even though he is leaving, he is still family.

Crow: City of Angels
The Prophesy 2
Halloween 6
Final Destination 2
Punisher: War Zone

Agreed.

And Jack you're nitpicking with some things. Like the look of the characters. That was the least of the film's problems.

The story had great potential. But just the story. The characters and how they should of been done is different. I would of made Cyclops take the front seat and put Logan in the back. His story was done in X2, now let Scott actually act like a leader and take the front seat. It should of been him to get to Jean. Logan should of went back to his kackass ways because he too is secretly distraught of Jean's place. So mroe antagonizing between the two.

Logan should of left at the end of the movie, like the end of the first, and (Xavier should of survived) and Xavier telling him that he is always welcome back and that even though he is leaving, he is still family.

I completely agree.

When Logan started giving that speech at the end I was just going
:huh::huh:"Why did they give Cyclops claws and mutton chops?"

Since Wolverine is such a popular character. but all they did was *****fy him. And Cyclops needs redemption. The next set of movies, make Scott the main character. egin with his childhood and discovering his powers to going into the school then gowing p and becoming a leader with his struggles. Meets jean, etc. The second should introduce Logan but as a reluctant person who doesn't want anyhting to do with them. Cyclops must learn control and more leadership and is able to convince Logan to join.

]Since Wolverine is such a popular character. but all they did was *****fy him[/B]. And Cyclops needs redemption. The next set of movies, make Scott the main character. egin with his childhood and discovering his powers to going into the school then gowing p and becoming a leader with his struggles. Meets jean, etc. The second should introduce Logan but as a reluctant person who doesn't want anyhting to do with them. Cyclops must learn control and more leadership and is able to convince Logan to join.

That's something that has bothered me for a long time. And the fact that they made him even more the standard "hero" in Origins completely baffled me. I mean, that's when we should see Wolvie at his worst, not his best.

Honestly don't understand your problem with his look at all. Blond, good looking well built guy with wings = Angel.

No actor of her age currently working has impressed me as much as she did with her performance in 'Hard Candy'. Not only can she act, but she can act as well as the best of them, at any age from any age.

edit: X3 had many problems but the casting of those two actors was pretty much spot on i thought. I agree with you on Vinnie Jones though of course, never liked that guy even apart from his attempts at acting. and maybe they should have cast an actual actor as Colossus instead of the guy singer cast as a cameo. I recall reading somewhere that Singer was thinking of casting someone else as colossus for X3 as the role would require more acting, much like the way Kitty was re-cast after cameos.

Last edited:
I still say you shouldn't make a PG-13 rated sequel to an R rated movie. If the first movie is rated R, the sequel should be too. Hell, Conan actually said "no" when a totaly hot virgin threw herself at him! Conan never says "no" to p**sy! He'd split her like wet pine then leave her the next morning! Also, they should've brought back Subotai from the first movie, instead of the whiny, gem swallowing little b**ch Malek. Damn that guy was useless. And the writing? They took random names and just threw them into the story without any regard to their backgrounds. "We need a queen. Here's one Taramis, let's use her." "We need a wizard to guard the key for Conan to kill. Here we go, Thoth-Amon. Let's use him."

In the novels & comics, Queen Taramis was a good and kind queen who was secretly replaced by her identical twin sister, an evil sorceress. That alone would've been a great movie. In the novels and comics, Thoth-Amon was a very powerful wizard and priest of Set. Even more powerful than Thulsa Doom in the first movie. He should've been the main villain in the movie, or even a trilogy of movies. Instead he was written as just a minor wizard left to protect a jewel. Very bad writing.

Always remember this when Hollywood gets wind that kids like an R rated movie that has franchise written over 9 times out of 10 it will be watered down next time :o

That's something that has bothered me for a long time. And the fact that they made him even more the standard "hero" in Origins completely baffled me. I mean, that's when we should see Wolvie at his worst, not his best.

Yup. It's to cater to the kids. Which is stupid. When doing something like this, you need to have everbody in mind. Like BTAS for example.

The kid attraction is already the character itself. Kids will go see it regardless of what's in it. But have an actual good story that the older crowds can enjoy while the kids eat up the action and **** that's already an extra bonus. And when they're older they can love it alot more and learn more. Movies are about timelessness, good ones anyway. A great movie is suppose to survive no matter what age you are or how old they are.

Superman Returns

The idea of a reboot being a sequel to Superman II; Luthor as the villain for the fourth time with the same real-estate scheme; didn't get a villain Superman could go toe-to-toe with...

...It all just makes me shake my head.

Batman and robin for me

Idk if alot of the fans like poison ivy, but i've never been much of a fan
wow batman vs a gardener :o

Mr. Freeze had a amazing costume design but all the one liners left me cold

and bane.... lets not even go there

If they dropped ivy, and made freeze/bane been more like his comic or b.tas counter part it could have been alot better

Batman and robin for me

Idk if alot of the fans like poison ivy, but i've never been much of a fan
wow batman vs a gardener :o

Mr. Freeze had a amazing costume design but all the one liners left me cold

and bane.... lets not even go there

If they dropped ivy, and made freeze/bane been more like his comic or b.tas counter part it could have been alot better

YOU NEED TO CHILL! :hehe::hehe:

Honestly don't understand your problem with his look at all. Blond, good looking well built guy with wings = Angel.

No actor of her age currently working has impressed me as much as she did with her performance in 'Hard Candy'. Not only can she act, but she can act as well as the best of them, at any age from any age.

Blonde yes, good looking .. not really Angel in the comics looks like a perfect man, not a skinny dude with a broken nose.

Alot for people like Juno or whateverherfaceis but I don't, far too stiff and wooden and seems to have the monotone voice that grates my ears.

Poor Ben Foster:hehe:. (granted he'd make a better Loki than angel, but X3 had worse problems than just casting imo.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"