• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Worst Sequel Concepts of All Time

Jurassic Park 4 with guns on dinosaurs made me lol pretty hard.

Are you from the future? :oldrazz:

Seriously though, were you talking about JP3? Did they have guns on the dinos in that? (Can't remember 3 that well), though I would agree that JP3 was not the best.

i actually cant believe noone mentioned this..B&R

....you're one of those guys who doesn't read the first post aren't ya?

Cruel Intentions 2

That wasn't actually a movie to begin with. It was the first three episodes of a purported TV spinoff, but was subsequently canned and re-edited into a 90 minute DTV movie.

And as much as I love Amy Adams, she was flat out miscast in the Sarah Michelle Gellar role. She was too nice and sunny to play the all-out backstabbing, coke-snorting Kathryn.

Seriously though, were you talking about JP3? Did they have guns on the dinos in that? (Can't remember 3 that well), though I would agree that JP3 was not the best.
A script idea for JP4 had Dinosaurs with gun attachments.....yeah.

.....wow....I just...wow.

M.C. would have been rolling in his grave. Really though, I wasn't even that big a fan of JP2. I've read both the JP books, and while JP the movie is much different from the book, it was still a great movie. 2 and 3..., they were both pretty "meh" to me.

....you're one of those guys who doesn't read the first post aren't ya?

i skimmed it..

Actually, AICN has a non-spilerific review of that script, which I'm surprised never leaked. It wasn't just guns, the way I remember it described, was like some guy goes to Isla Nublar to get the shaving cream can with the embryos (which were supposed to expire 36 hours after Nedry got them, according to the first film), and the guy gets it, but gets attacked by these large spiders, and something happens to him. Later, he wakes up in Europe where some secret research lab has cloned dinosaurs, but added dog DNA to make them loyal and more intelligent, as well as I think primate DNA, so they all walk more like humans, and they get armor and guns, and the guy who got the embryos is supposed to train them to fight crime. I'll try and find the AICN review and post it.
EDIT: Found it!
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18166

Smokey & The Bandit 3 - originally Jackie Gleason played both Bandit and Sheriff but after test audiences were confused with the first cut of the movie the studio filmed Jerry Reed as the Bandit and inserted his scenes into the already completed movie even giving Jerry a mustache to make him resemble Burt Reynolds more.

Hellraiser 5-8 - seriously these DTV sequels are really bad and hardly even feature the cenobites.

Actually, AICN has a non-spilerific review of that script, which I'm surprised never leaked. It wasn't just guns, the way I remember it described, was like some guy goes to Isla Nublar to get the shaving cream can with the embryos (which were supposed to expire 36 hours after Nedry got them, according to the first film), and the guy gets it, but gets attacked by these large spiders, and something happens to him. Later, he wakes up in Europe where some secret research lab has cloned dinosaurs, but added dog DNA to make them loyal and more intelligent, as well as I think primate DNA, so they all walk more like humans, and they get armor and guns, and the guy who got the embryos is supposed to train them to fight crime. I'll try and find the AICN review and post it.

He doesn't get attacked by spiders. He gets attacked by a form of Escavaraptors. The reviewer just said "Think trap door spiders" to describe how the attack happens. The reviewer also never mentioned the dinosaurs having armor and guns. That was completely misconstrued by a quote at the end of his review.

Has Speed 2 been mentioned yet? I don't know what they were thinking.

Has Speed 2 been mentioned yet? I don't know what they were thinking.

Production Meeting:

"Okay, what vehicle says 'speed' to you?"

"...Um....an ocean liner?"

"...that's ****ing brilliant!!!"

Hellraiser 5-8 - seriously these DTV sequels are really bad and hardly even feature the cenobites.
I remember seeing these movies on Sci-Fi a few years ago, and Pinhead and Cenobites didn't really show up until a few minutes before the movies were over.

Umm... didn't they make a Weekend At Bernie's 2..?

And they're working on a The Hangover 2... That doesn't fill me with hope, despite how good the first one was.

MK Annihilation - This movie was an epic fail! Animalities? Really? LOL
Wrong Turn 2 & 3 - Nuff said.
The Hills Have Eyes 2 - F'ing terrible movie. As if the gradtuitous rape scene wasn't enough.
Hostel 2 - The original by no means is a classic but it was tolerable. The sequel however was utter s---.
The Skulls 2 & 3 - The main chick in 3 was hot but still the films were hot garbage.
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer/I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer - Kids being stalked by the apparition of the Fisherman. Really? lol

The CROW/HIGHLANDER SEQUELS:

Nont only are they disrespectful to the originals, both franchises didn't know where to take the sequels. They were both mishandled and mismanaged. And worst of all, they all sucked.

I figured that the Crow movies served as sort of an anthology, with the recurring concept of the main character coming back from the dead (with the aid of a mystical crow) to seek revenge. But, I suppose that Brandon Lee and company set the bar so high in the first movie, that there was really know were else to go but down.

Rocky V - Rocky Balboa gets brain damage from his fight with Ivan Drago and is forced to retire from boxing. To make matters worse, Paulie is given "power of attorney" and some shady lawyer steals all of the Balboa's money. So Rocky and his family have to return to their rundown old neighboorhood in Philadelphia. In essence, all that Rocky had fought for and accomplished in the previous sequels led to him not having much to so for. What made the Rocky movies so appealing was that it resembled a great "rags to riches" story. If you work hard enough and believe in yourself, you can improve your livelyhood (like the true "American Dream").

Karate Kid III - John Kreese, the Cobra Kai sensi is seeking revenge against Daniel LaRusso and Mr. Miyagi due to his business falling apart. Apparently, Kreese is still bitter over Daniel-San beating Johnny Lawrence in the All-Valley Tournament in the first movie. Not only that, his old students have left him due to his crybaby behavior in the parking lot (as seen at the start of the second movie). So basically, the plot hinges on the fact that Kreese is nothing but a sociopathic sore loser. To make matters worse, Daniel is even more whiny and wimpy here than in the first two movies (in which he had to fight for respect and later for his own life).

I surprised that nobody has mentioned the concept of Jaws 4: The Revenge. The movie wants us to believe that sharks are deliberatedly hunting the Brody family (Roy Scheider was smart enough to avoid this turkey) out of revenge for the events from the first movie! And no less from Amity to the Bamahas They're freaking sharks!

I surprised that nobody has mentioned the concept of Jaws 4: The Revenge. The movie wants us to believe that sharks are deliberatedly hunting the Brody family (Roy Scheider was smart enough to avoid this turkey) out of revenge for the events from the first movie! And no less from Amity to the Bamahas They're freaking sharks!

Oh yes, Jaws the revenge was another terrible effort (as was "Jaws 3D" come to think of it). Guilty secret here...I've read the book the 'Revenge' film was based on (or maybe it was the other way round, I don't know). In that they don't make out the Shark is deliberately hunting the Brody's down: when it turns up at the start to eat the younger brother it is just co-incidence*, but just as absurdly they do make out that same Shark is then drawn to the Bahamas by some voodoo shenanigans (IIRC there's a sub plot with the elder brother getting on the wrong side of the local loonies).

*I might be mis-remembering here but I think the Shark was supposed to be the off-spring of the one in the 2nd movie and returned to Amity's waters out of simple instinct.

"Superman III"...what a terrible concept that was. It's clear that the movie started out as a script for a Richard Pryor vehicle, but then someone had the idea of throwing Superman into the mix to make more money, I guess.

This is the first movie I thought of when reading the thread.
I read somewhere that the original idea was to do more Krypton type stuff like Kandor and possibly Brainiac as the villan. But then Richard Pryor got on the blower saying how much of a Superman fan he was and they decided it would be a great idea to have him star in the movie and have it be a slapstick comedy. Pryor was also paid more than Christopher Reeve.

Ghostbusters II is a pretty bad sequel to me. Yeah, it has the same characters with the same qualities etc, and has some funny moments, Murray hosting that chat show, Ray and Winston doing the kid's birthday parties. But, it is a total inferior re-heat of the 1st movie in all ways.
Also, the 1st movie felt like it was set in the real world whereas the 2nd feels like a more cartoon world.
Sigorney Weaver is now involved with a supernatural painting as opposed to a fridge.
Louis Tulley, the stone cold classic embarassing next door neighbour, is now brought back as a slapstick lawyer. The first role was so good as he felt real, whereas in the 2nd he feels like what he is, a made up kooky movie character that you'd never encouter in that real world situation.
The hotel fight with Slimer in the 1st movie is amazing as it feels like what would happen in real life, whereas when they take on those ghosts in the courthouse it's not only unexciting and unfunny but just feels like any old ghost fight from any old cartoon show.
Instead of a giant Marshmallow man they have the Statue of Liberty taking a walk, what idea sounds more inspired and indeed was the classic on film?

They should've just did a different kind of movie, they made the mistake of doing the sequel exactly like the 1st movie. And if they wanted the non-ghostbuster leads of Louis Tulley and Weaver back, they could've been brought back in more interesting ways.

Last edited:

:dry: Terrible....

Thank God that never happened. I would of only paid to see it if I could throw up on it.

But Weekend At Bernie's 2 sucked ass. The first was ****ing great. Why is the title the same? They're not even at Bernie's anymore! And worse, they show this one more than the first!

Rambo 3
Legally blonde 2
weekend at bernies 2
jaws 3D
Beyond the poseidon adventure.
Home alone 3
AvP 2

Kickboxer 2,3 4.... They kill of Van Damme's character and suddenly he has this young brother taking revenge.

Universal soldier 2 and 3....4 and 5. The first movie wasn't that good enough to make a sequel to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"