• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dating: How Big of an Age Gap is "Too Much"?

He never said they did anything :o

I think it is over here as well. 16 is the limit.

16 is the age of consent, but honestly how many people do you know that were still virgins at 16? I'm guessing it's not many. It's like asking how many people never got drunk before they were 18.

:hehe: True, true. I lost my v plates at 15. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with what you said man, I got no qualms and it isn't even my place to say really. Just thought it was odd that a 15 year old would be with a 49 year old.

Honestly, over here a 15 year with a 49 year old period is a tad off-kilter. But I know the consent thing is different over there.

at 10 yrs old Chazz Michael Michaels had a 35 year old girlfriend

:hehe: True, true. I lost my v plates at 15. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with what you said man, I got no qualms and it isn't even my place to say really. Just thought it was odd that a 15 year old would be with a 49 year old.

It could of been, but never really was, he didn't act his age and I have daddy issues, it was perfect.

:hehe: I don't know, I think she just got bored of me :( We still speak now whenever we see each other, so there is no hard feelings or nothing like that.
You were just her 'boy toy' and once you became a man, she lost interest in you. Poor baby. :( :p

Haven't seen you around in a while Bella, how are you?
Been around and been alright. I just suck at multi-tasking and I'm not around as much as I want to be.

As long as both people are consenting adults age gaps are irrelevant. If I'm 29 and she's 59 and we're really into each other then... Who cares if she's 30 years older than I am. We like each other.
What do you think of 'generation gap'? With that huge of an age difference, do you think the couple will have much in common?

I think there are different parameters for teens/young adults/adults.

It should only be a couple of years either way in high school. With every year, a person matures (or should) by leaps and bounds in those years. Someone who's 13 dating a 17-year-old is seems questionable. That wouldn't be so if they were say, 25 & 29.

Then there is the 18 dividing line. I remember a few cases of people with girlfriends/boyfriends under the age of 18 who's parents threatened to get then charged with sex with a minor (even some who weren't having sex) just because the parents didn't like their child's dating choice.

The gap gets bigger with adulthood but even then, I think there is a limit of about 10 years. At 36, I can't imagine dating someone in younger than their mid 20s. I don't think we would have much in common. By the same token, someone older than 46 would start to approach the golden years stage of life. So I wonder what couples with 20+ years between them have to talk about.

You were just her 'boy toy' and once you became a man, she lost interest in you. Poor baby. :( :p

And surprisingly :cwink: that doesn't bother me at all :D

Been around and been alright. I just suck at multi-tasking and I'm not around as much as I want to be.

:hehe: I suck at multi tasking too! :D I'm glad you are ok :up:

I think there are different parameters for teens/young adults/adults.

It should only be a couple of years either way in high school. With every year, a person matures (or should) by leaps and bounds in those years. Someone who's 13 dating a 17-year-old is seems questionable. That wouldn't be so if they were say, 25 & 29.

Then there is the 18 dividing line. I remember a few cases of people with girlfriends/boyfriends under the age of 18 who's parents threatened to get then charged with sex with a minor (even some who weren't having sex) just because the parents didn't like their child's dating choice.

The gap gets bigger with adulthood but even then, I think there is a limit of about 10 years. At 36, I can't imagine dating someone in younger than their mid 20s. I don't think we would have much in common. By the same token, someone older than 46 would start to approach the golden years stage of life. So I wonder what couples with 20+ years between them have to talk about.

What do you think of 'generation gap'? With that huge of an age difference, do you think the couple will have much in common?

I think if they're interested in each other and considering dating than obviously the "generation gap" isn't that much of an issue. They already have something in common in that they like each other.

But really... Can you say that we all fit to a generational guideline? I mean I like the Beatles more than anything that's been produced in the past decade. I also love comic books. My favorite movies are almost always black and white. I love Humphrey Bogart. I still watch cartoons. Not just like Family Guy, like Tom and Jerry and the Animaniacs. I like classic literature like Ernest Hemingway and Herman Melville and Chuck Palaniuk (although he's sucked lately) are my favorite authors...

See there's just so much that goes into a person that I don't think that any years could be significant enough to warrant not persuing someone you were interested in. Hell... After my grandmother past away my grandfather found his new girlfriend on a game of ****ing Call of Duty online.

Awesome with a capital A.:up:

I thought so too. :) apparently she told him that she was old enough to be his mother and that he should ****. Then he sniped her and told her that he was old enough to remember when this **** was actually going on. :wow:

They shared a good laugh and played online for several weeks before exchaning emails and the rest... as they say... is history.

Your grampy found a girlfriend whilst playing C.O.D online? WOW! Just...wow! That is bad ass.

I would say a few years younger or a couple years older.

Well, I don't date cause I just suck.

But yeeeaaah, as long as the woman is legal and hot it won't matter to me. But really, 40's. And I'm 21.

Frankly if they are 18 or more years older than you are, then that can be a little much. Generation gap.

Frankly if they are 18 or more years older than you are, then that can be a little much. Generation gap.

Tell that to Madonna and her boy toy. Who's young enough to be her son. :o although who wouldn't want to be her boy toy?

C'mon! Its not as if Madonna is hot anymore or anything! :p

I think 10 years over or under is pretty reasonable. Then again, I'm 34, catch me again with this in 10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"