• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

David O. Russell to Direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Ends of the Earth'

Project862006

Avenger
Reaction score
David O. Russell to Direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Ends of the Earth'

jennifer_lawrence_david_o_russell_a_l.jpg
Oscar nominee David O. Russell has committed to reunite with Jennifer Lawrence on the drama The Ends of the Earth, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The Silver Linings Playbook filmmaker has come aboard to direct the Weinstein Co. drama, a fact-based love story about a powerful oil tycoon who has everything stripped from him after he is caught in an affair. Russell could tackle the project after his next movie, an untitled drama he will film in New York and Boston beginning in March with Bradley Cooper, Christian Bale and Amy Adams. Lawrence is slated to have a cameo in that movie.

“Jennifer possesses a self-deprecating humor that made all of the cast and crew feel at ease," Russell tells THR in a statement. "She is that kind of person.”
He continues: "She is the most dedicated person I know. She is devoted to her family, and they have been the true inspiration for her character and integrity. Her acting is effortless, and she always makes it look easy.”
The film is being produced by Todd Black, Steve Tisch and Jason Blumenthal of Escape Artists and was written by Argo screenwriter Chris Terrio.

“Jennifer Lawrence is one of the most versatile actresses we have ever seen," Black and Tisch tell THR in a joint statement. "Her performance in Silver Linings was transcendent and was truly the heart and soul of the film. Jennifer was basically asked to play four personalities -- depressed, sexy, romantic and a wild dancer -- and did them all brilliantly. After seeing that performance, we knew we had our anchor for Ends of the Earth. Her dedication to the craft and all those who work with her is inspiring -- and if she is the future of our business, we are certainly in good hands."

Gary Oldman for Ernest please.

So I guess he has found his muse. I think she's great so good on him. It's cute how Russell speaks so fondly about Lawrence, you can tell how much he admires her during this whole award season.

I like the Oldman suggestion, it would be cool seeing them work together.

He only works with Lawrence now? lol

He only works with Lawrence now? lol
Something tells me that David o Russel has a hard time finding people actually willing to work with him, so I'm thinking that when he does he likes to hold on to them lol.

I don't know if he knows something but Tapley tweeted that he won't be surprised if Affleck becomes involved in this movie (I take it as Ernest).

Not a fan of actor Affileck so I'm hoping he would only come on as a producer.

Something tells me that David o Russel has a hard time finding people actually willing to work with him, so I'm thinking that when he does he likes to hold on to them lol.
highly doubtful seeing how his last 2 films combined have 15 oscars noms lol

so is this gonna be the next big oscar film:yay:

david o russel last 2 films have a combined 15 oscar noms and he himself has 3 oscar noms

jennifer is now an oscar winner

and Chris Terrio who wrote Argo is writing this and he just won an oscar too!!!

I bet Leo is now calling David O. Russell to be the male lead of this movie. :oldrazz:

After seeing their pics together, I kinda want DDL now for Ernest.

I'd kill myself with excitement if DDL and Lawrence were in the same film.

I'd kill myself with excitement if DDL and Lawrence were in the same film.

I would feel the same way if Gary Oldman got the role. His career needs a great role like this so much while DDL has now everything an actor can wish for himself. It makes me so sad when people want the most hyped actors all the time who always get the great roles anyway... :csad:

I'm all for Gary who is my fave actor and deserves a role like this :hrt::hrt::hrt:

Id have to imagine Leonardo is dying to win a oscar for Best Actor. Thats what he strives for. He also admires and is one of DDL's good friends.

Imagine having coffee with those 2 and talking about cinema.

Damn...

I would feel the same way if Gary Oldman got the role. His career needs a great role like this so much while DDL has now everything an actor can wish for himself. It makes me so sad when people want the most hyped actors all the time who always get the great roles anyway... :csad:

I'm all for Gary who is my fave actor and deserves a role like this :hrt::hrt::hrt:

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it but I did want someone else to win Best Actor this year, just to have a surprise. DDL said he's going to take some time off and I'm not sure he'd want to do this film anyway. Oldman would be great, he's always great even in bad films.

Oh enough DDL now ! He has 3 ! Oscars now ,he can dissapear for a while and give others a chance LOL.He is a brillant actor no doubt but I think Gary Oldman is equally as good if not better IMHO .He doesn´t get the chance to do such movies and this frustrates me to no end .

If someone has the balls to cast him in a good part it works ( Tinker ,Tailor won him a Oscar nom )

Iam all for him as Marland ,Hollywood think outside your box for once ! Thank you !

I just read the script for this. It's good (of course it is, it's Terrio) but... personally, it still sounds a bit icky even if they're not blood relatives. What I will credit the script with is that it did a good job building up their relationship. I gotta say, Jennifer has some serious backbone for wanting to do it. It's a potential career killer but I guess you can't go wrong if you have Russell and Weinstein backing the movie up. I don't think the Academy will go crazy over this though.

This is also one of those rare times where I thought the reality was better than what's on the script. In reality, Lydie was adopted when she was 16 (and she and Ernest started their relationship after his wife died when she was 28). In the script, she was adopted when she was 5 and raised by Ernest and his wife until they had the relationship when his wife died (she was in her 20s).

Last edited:
I just read the script for this. It's good (of course it is, it's Terrio) but... personally, it still sounds a bit icky even if they're not blood relatives. What I will credit the script with is that it did a good job building up their relationship. I gotta say, Jennifer has some serious backbone for wanting to do it. It's a potential career killer but I guess you can't go wrong if you have Russell and Weinstein backing the movie up. I don't think the Academy will go crazy over this though.

This is also one of those rare times where I thought the reality was better than what's on the script. In reality, Lydie was adopted when she was 16 (and she and Ernest started their relationship after his wife died when she was 28). In the script, she was adopted when she was 5 and raised by Ernest and his wife until they had the relationship when his wife died (she was in her 20s).
She just won an Oscar and has Hunger Games and X-Men, even if she isn't great the role won't kill her career.

That's why I said "potential" and she got on board this project even before she got the buzz for SLP. I'm just saying that I applaud her for picking movies that could potentially go south because of the nature of the material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"