Days of Marvels Future RPG Season One IC Thread

Kaboom

knock knock
Reaction score
Welcome! This is the Days of Marvels Future RPG IC Thread.

This Rpg is set between 5 and 10 years in the future of 616 and is a direct extrapolation of the events of Civil War, World War Hulk, Endangered Species, Supernova, and the upcoming Skrull War.

GM: Kaboom
AGM: EBJ
AGM: SSF

The history of our future is as follows (as told by the Watcher):

Do you want to know how it happened? How we got here? To this place? It was the perfect storm.

When did it began? Maybe it began with the birth of mutants. Maybe it began on the ill-fated space flight.

All I know is now, I am not allowed to act. Just observe...

Just watch.

The Skrull Empire. Always at war with the SHi'ar, until there was no longer a shi'ar, until there was only a Vulcan Empire. Vulcan who returned to Earth to wage war against humanity, except the humanity he found had become enslaved to those very same Skrulls.

How? The Illuminati. Charles Xavier. Black Bolt. Namor the Submariner. Reed Richards. Doctor Strange. All replaced by Skrulls. Why? Because they were the keepers of the infinte gems.

Except the Hulk came back. And war was raged. Then there was the purge. The day the skrulls began the hostile take over that changed the face of the world forever. Within 15 minutes, cyclops, emma frost, jean grey, cable, ms. marvel, luke cage, gorgon, sue storm, wongwere all dead. Killed by the skrull imosters and blamed as skrulls themselves.

Humanity never had a chance.

The end result? A feifdom. The entire planet came under the rule of the Skrull Empire. Except Africa. The intial cradle of civilization. There the last vestages of humanity remain protected by Bruce Banner himself.

The 198? Scattered through the world, living as nomads. Some are turncoats having aligned themselves with the Skrulls.

Our other heroes? Our Avengers? reduced to guerilla warriors trying in vain to take back our planet, one splinter cell at a time.

All set against the coming return of Vulcan, Emperor of the High Vulcan Empire with Deathbird as his mate.

And me. Franklin Richards. The most powerful being in the universe...forbidden to interfere. Alowed only to watch.

Yes, this is the future of 616. The days of future's present.

The history of our future (as told by Nick Fury):

Nobody saw it coming. There were rumblings of course. Jessica drew brought the first body in. She was the first to find out. Unfortunately she brought the body to Tony Stark, Director of SHIELD. What she didn't know was that he was also a skrull.

It happened quickly after that. The Illuminati revealed themselves destroying everyone who could serve to over throw them while they were continuing their subterfuge.

Scott Summers. Emma Frost. Nathan Summers. Wong. Ms. Marvel. Luke Cage. Gorgon. Susan Storm.

It was intially thought that the Illuminati had protected us from the Skrull invasion by blaming the recently deceased . Little did we know, it was the Illuminati themselves that were the Skrulls. When the entire fleet arrived, we never knew it was coming.

We fought back as long as we could. The Incredible Hulk was deputized as Field commander, he was of course our most powerful hero left, but even his efforts were nearly in vain when up against the entire Skrull Empire. Eventually, Banner struck a truce with the Skrulls--safe haven in Africa. We had given up.

Certain Heroes had not. I'm still out there trying to assemble a new team of Avengers using full 33 op base knowledge as striking points. The X-Men were also around, now led by Mr. Sinister and Magneto. Other heroes are whispered as ghosts. Spider-Man. The New Daredevil. War Machine.

All of their efforts have been in vain thus far as the Skrull Empire continues its dominace over a conquered human race.

But I have a plan.

The Days of Marvels Future: Season 1 Character Application

Screen Name:
Character you would like to play:

Is this a 616 character, or someone who has taken up the mantle of a 616 character:

Powers:

Alliance (Rebel, Vigilante, Skrull Empire, Vulcan Empire):
these are the affiliations:

Skrull Empire: those who are loyal to the Skrulls.
Vulcan Empire: those who are loyal to Emperor Vulcan. (Shall have a big part to play come season 2).
Vigilante: Those who operate on their own for their own means.
Rebel: Those who work actively to overthrow the Skrulls. If you are a rebel you must be part of an established team. the current rebel groups are:

X-Men S: The X-Men Lead by Mr. Sinister.
X-Men M: The X-Men lead by Magneto.
Avengers: Guerilla groups lead by Fury out of the 33 secret bases that SHIELD has established prior to the Skrull invasion.
Human: Those humans who live in Safe Haven (Africa) under the protection of the Hulk.

If you wish to create a new rebel group that must be specifically approved.

Who is your character and what has your character been doing since the events of the purge:

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

1)

2)

3)

Write a complete paragraph using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?) Do not skimp on this part of the Application, while I do not need to know every detail of the arc you wish to write, I do wisg to avoid the classic problem of applying for a character without any idea of the story you wish to tell:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech:

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Do you know how to post pictures:

DEAD LIST

Cyclops
Jean Grey
Emma Frost
Cable
Gorgon
Sue Storm
Ms. Marvel
Luke Cage
Wong

The rest of them had worked together for years, batling skrulls, and skrulls suporters alike.

This was my first mission, and up until now it had gone well.

Up until now.

The skrull, walked right over to Remy and slid his long green finger against the side of his face.

Hank barked liked a dog at him.

"Down boy, or I'll put you down," the skrull said.

"You'll do no such thing," Longshot replied.

"Then tell me, mutie. Why are you here? Why have you left your precious safe haven? What have you hoped to discover?"

The rest of them had worked together for years, batling skrulls, and skrulls suporters alike.

This was my first mission, and up until now it had gone well.

Up until now.

The skrull, walked right over to Remy and slid his long green finger against the side of his face.

Hank barked liked a dog at him.

"Down boy, or I'll put you down," the skrull said.

"You'll do no such thing," Longshot replied.

"Then tell me, mutie. Why are you here? Why have you left your precious safe haven? What have you hoped to discover?"

The adamantium claws ripped through the skrull's chest in typical wolverine fashion.

It was savage.

Brutal.

Much needed as the rest of the X-Men S were under the literal and proverbial gun.

Roll Call.

Field Commander: Longshot. Mutant powers: psychometry. Agility. Luck.

Gambit, real name Remy LeBeau. Can charge inorganic objects with explosive kinetic energy.

The Brute, real name, Hank McCoy. Once an extraordinary scientist, captured by the skrulls and expiremented on, the brute is now more amphibian in nature, but with increased strength and a child like intelligence.

Dust, real name Sooraya Qadir. Can transform her body into a sandlike substance.

Me. Nathan Grey. Telekenisis. Telepathy. Psychometry. Grown by Sinister as a product of Summers-Grey genetic material.

And our recently arrived saviour.

Wolverine, real name Laura Kinney. A female genetic clone of the ex-X-Man Logan. Adamantium claws, healing factor, enhanced senses.

We are united by a common past. All of us have been created in test tubes or altered on the genetic level through expiremantation. And a common purpose.

Saving Humanity.

"Did you get the material," Laura asked.

Gambit held up the computer disk. "Mr. S is going to love us."

"Mr. S doesn't love anything," Longshot said. "Let's go."

Kitty Pryde

Kitty slipped through the perimeter defences like they were made of tin foil. Which of course they were to her. All those lasers, all those walls, all those guards, nothing to the powers fate had given her. Her leather jacket was done up tight, with two pistols stuck down the back of her jeans.

Charles would never have approved. But then again, who knew whether what he said was real, or what wasn't. Who knew whether everything he ever said was a lie? Who knew if there ever was a Charles Xavier? Who knew if there was only ever the Skrull?

There was an explosion from the war-room. She could hear Scott firing at something. She ran to the noise. Emma came running towards her.
"Kitty! Go! Run! Get out!"

She walked through the wall to the main prison complex. There was a skrull standing guard. She put her arm through his head, and turned herself solid. Then she phased out again quickly. The skrull fell forwards, a gaping hole in its head. She turned solid and looked around at the human prisoners, shuffling in the dark.

"Im here to save you," she said looking around. There was nothing. No reaction. Their minds were gone. Wiped clean. They were empty slates. It was a trap. It was always a trap.

"Emma? What the hells happening?"

"Its Charles! He's not-" she started, but was silenced as a laser hit her in the back and she crumpled to the floor. A skrull was behind her. It was bigger than they usually were. It held a gun in its hand. It had been a trap.

Kitty ran through the wall, as a siren went off. She pulled a flare from her jacket and fired it into the sky. The world flashed green, and she could hear the rumble of a jeep in the distance. Peter was on the job. She ran through the wire mesh, as a group of skrull guards came out with rifles.

She phased out as a shot fired through her. Then skrull took a menacing step towards her. Scott stumbled out of the door to the danger room. His hand smacked down on the alarm button. Immedialty the whole school started flashing with red klaxons. He looked at Kitty.

"Kitty. Get out. Get everyone out. I'm going to activate Defcon 5," he gasped. Kitty stood back and ran up the stairs, as the skrulls attention focused on Scott.

She took one last look at the prison complex, before throwing a small bumdle over the wall. Then she ran up the steep countryside until she reached the jeep. She could hear the skrull following her, but she ignored them. She saw Peter start up the engine.

"No time," she said, reaching out and touching the bonnet of the jeep, immediatly phasing it and Peter through the uneven ground. She took one last look at the prison, before it blew in a spectacular array of white lights.

As she the X-jet reached the right altitude, Kitty took a last look down at the Xavier institute of higher learning. Then there was an almighty explosion, as the mansion, and the surrounding countryside, were engulfed in the great ball of flame that was Scott Summers swan-song.

Victor Von Doom

"My Lord!"

"What is it Captain?"

"Sir, Johnny Storm of the Rebels has made contact. He says supplies will be here within the hour."

At last, It had been so long since the last supply run, the people were beginning to starve.

"Excellent news Captain. Take only what men you need, we cannot risk a large company leaving the castle. Oh and give Mr. Storm my regards, it has been too long since we last met."

"As you wish my Lord."

I watched as Captain Gamly left my quarters and gathered the covert team together for the drop.

The 'Latverian People's Army', as they were branded by the very people they protected, were the remnants of my elite royal guard. Armed with the weapons I, myself, crafted from the scrap metal salvaged in some of the earlier expositions outside the castle. Some chose to carry Skrull blasters as trophies but the main arsenal consisted of the same technology built into my armor that allows energy projectiles.

I made my way down to address what was left of my people in the great hall. The news of a supply drop would infuse them with hope, hope that there were still people fighting. Fighting the villainous Skrull off of our planet. Oh how I wish I could be out there, on the front line, fighting alongside my fellow men.

But I am needed here, I cannot leave these people to be slaughtered. Just as Bruce Banner protects the continent of Africa and the people within, I shall protect the last remnants of the people of Latveria.
My People.

"They're coming," I say quickly. "Longshot. The skrulls know we're here."

"How many?"

"All of them."

"Perfect," Wolverine added as she let her adamntium claws snikt!

"No. Sinister needs the information in this disk and we can't risk him not getting it. Its not the time to fight."

"Iv Ah know Sinistuh, 'e probly already az wat 'e needs."

"Enough Remy," Longshot added. "Sooraya, we need cover."

"On it," Dust said as she enveloped the X-Men in a cloud of dust.

Victor Von Doom

It has been 4 hours since the team had left the Castle via underground tunnel system. We've had no word. We have begun to expect the worse. I could do my best to keep the people calm but at this stage, when children are starving and people in serious need of medical supplies, I can only do so much.

All that was left was to pray to whatever deity has yet to forsake this earth. Pray for some salvation.

"Sir! Sir!"

I spun around and faced Captain Gamly.

"You have returned. Good. Bring the supplies and treat the most serious first, hand out rations evenly an-"

"But sir, I'm sorry. We were unable to secure the supplies. We were found by Skrull patrols my lord. I barely escaped with my life. Bradley and Contor where captured, McGreggory killed. Higgins and myself fled, my Lord, please forgive us."

There was a time in my life where I would've have killed this man for a lesser offense. But I cannot afford to be as careless anymore.

"Theres something else sir."

I looked at him puzzled, had the Skrull broken past the defenses without me knowing?

"You'd better come with me my lord."

We strode through the dungeons at a quickened pace, toward the entrance to the underground passage. There I saw Sgt. Higgins attending to someone. I noticed that the man appeared to be alive at least.

"Sir, he was shot out of the sky trying to defend us as we ran. We managed to carry him back here. It's nothing too serious, just clipped his shoulder but the impact gave him what appears to be a mild concussion."

I walked over to the man lying on the floor, I see his face, He smiles a boyish smile. He hasn't lost any of his youthful exuberance in the past years.

"Hey Vic. Long time no see buddy."

"Mr. Storm. How good of you to join us."

FORMERLY
Spider-Man.gif

With great power comes great responsibility. Those six words forever shaped my life, and set me down a path that I would follow obediently...until now. I still have the power, but recently I've failed on the responsibility.

I sided with a Skrull. Granted, I didn't know he was a Skrull at the time, but I should've known. Many nights I asked myself, Why didn't my Spider-Sense warn me? I've since come to terms with the fact that I'll never find the answer to that question.

I signed a piece of paper that betrayed everything I believed in. I signed away my identity, and I made it legal for the government to hunt down those who did not act accordingly. Then, for reasons even I don't understand, I willingly revealed my identity on national television.

Like the idiot that I am, even after doing all of this, I decide that I want to switch sides. Even though the government has my identity, and even though they can easily track me down, I decide that it's a smart idea to betray them - to break the law. Now, bear in mind that the law is corrupt and should never have been passed...but I still broke the law. Spider-Man crossed the line between law-abiding citizen to law-breaking vigilante.

I thought that it would be fine. I thought that the world would mend itself. I believed - foolishly - that the Pro-Reg's and the Anti-Reg's could put aside their differences and forget about the Civil War. Like so many times before in my life, I was wrong.

Soon, Tony Stark was the head of SHIELD. Sure, for the government it seemed like a great idea at the time. What they didn't realize is that they gave a Skrull access to all kinds of information and power. It began slowly at first - almost unnoticeably, in fact. But before we could stop it, Tony had corrupted the system. He was using SHIELD to eliminate all opponents and, in essence, all post-humans. No one understood it. It didn't add up.

Then, the full-scale invasion began. Little did we know that the Skrull had been infiltrating our ranks for years. Little did we know that the Civil War was all an elaborate scheme to tear apart the post-humans. Little did we know that the Illuminati were all Skrulls, and all working diligently for the Skrull agenda. They got rid of the Hulk. He's an obvious threat to their victory. They didn't expect him to come back.

He wasn't happy.

None of us were. We were shocked, enraged, and most of all - betrayed. Captain America, the ultimate symbol of freedom, died because of the Skrulls' sick agenda. We remaining post-humans banded together. This world wasn't going down without a fight.

We underestimated the Skrulls' power. We were so unaware of how deeply rooted in our society they were. The rebellion was swiftly, and embarrassingly, put down. For a while, we all scattered. Every man for himself, they would say. That's when the Hulk - the very same Hulk who the Illuminati recognized as a threat, the Hulk who was sent away - decided to help unify us. And so, the cradle of civilization was turned into the last human refuge. Africa became mankind's home base.

But I didn't go with them.

Why?

I lost more than anyone could realize during all this chaos. And with the death of Mary Jane came the death of my fighting spirit.

"Peter...we were wondering when you would come home," the ominous and easily identifiable voice of Iron Man announces as I enter the door. I turn the corner in my apartment, and Iron Man has MJ in his grasp.

I'm at a loss for words for a moment. When I find my voice, I respond, "What're you doing?"

"You know what I'm doing, Spider-Man," the Skrull sneers. "I'm getting retribution for your crimes against the United States government and the Skrull leadership!" He grabs MJ even tighter. "It's safe to assume that you'll survive my unibeam, Peter...but I fear Mary Jane will not be so lucky."

I clench my fists. What do I do now? He's caught me off-guard, and he's got my wife.

"You have 5 seconds to let her go," I threaten.

The Skrull laughs. "How ironic...you have 3 seconds to duck!"

My eyes are drawn to the light on his chest. It's starting to build rapidly.

"NO!"

"I love you, Peter!"

"I love yo--"

I'm cut off by the blinding light and the burning sensation on my skin. I try to open my eyes, but it's impossible. So instead I start to fire webs randomly - hoping to magically plug up the source of the unibeam.

By the time it's over, I'm far too late. Where MJ and the Skrull once stood, now there is only the Skrull. I can distinctly hear him laughing as he takes the helmet off.

"Pathetic human," the Skrull sneers again. "Perhaps now you will not be so eager to betray us again."

That day ranks among the worst in my life. It's right on the same level as the day Uncle Ben was shot, and the night Gwen Stacy died. Nothing is quite so horrible as to watch a loved one die before your eyes, and no one is as unfortunate as me to have seen it happen 3 times. But what hurts the most is that each, individual time is a direct cause of my actions or my lack of actions.

The world sees Spider-Man as a hero. But I know what happened to Uncle Ben, Gwen, and MJ. And I know that I'm no hero. I'm a failure.

And that's why I hung up the tights for good. It's pointless to resist now. The Skrull have a deathgrip over the planet Earth, and nothing can be done about it. I've had the knowledge of my identity erased from the public's minds, and I'm much content to live the rest of my feeble life as Peter Parker - not Spider-Man.

Who am I?

I'm Spider-Man...no more.

SpideyNoMoreLitho2.jpg

"How long will it take him to recover fully." I asked regarding The Human Torch's concussion.

"Could be hours, could be minutes. Hard to tell with these post-humans. The usual laws of medical science don't mean very much to them it seems."

Johnny Storm, former enemy, member of the broken and battered Fantastic Four, lies sedated on a bed in the medical tower. Not so long ago we would've rather destroyed each other on sight than exchange pleasantries. This invasion has changed many things. Some for the better, mostly for the worst.

"He seems to be stirring sir." Came Higgins report.

"Good, I wish to speak to our esteemed guest as soon as possible."

"Heeeyy Vic, hows things?" His endearing childlike happiness confounds me to this day.

"Things are desperate Mr. Storm. Very desperate indeed. My people weaken with ever hour that passes. We cannot stay at Castle Doom much longer."

Even though we are now allies, I still cannot abide showing any sign of weakness, He knows this and respects it. A genuine plea for help from Victor Von Doom does not come very often.

"I'm sorry to hear that Vic."
His concern is also genuine, I can see it in his eyes. "But I really can't do anything about it. We can't risk a rescue mission with the damn skrull crawling all over the place. It's just not possible. Our forces are stretched thin as it is man."

It was what I had expected, No help was coming. "What news from the outside world then Mr. Storm?"

"Well, not much good news thats for sure. Everyday a knew casualty is reported. Just last week we lost 13 men trying to evacuate a small prison camp."

"I'm sorry to hear that. How is Ben Grimm these days?"

"I... I havent seen Ben in some time. Hes totally dropped off the radar along with a few others, Wolverine of the X-men, Thor, Hawkeye, hell, even Spidey hasn't shown his face for a long ass time. Fury is puttin together a team of Avengers, said he's got a plan. He's probably just gone Bat-****-insane but perhaps he's genuine."

"Yes, If anybody could formulate any kind of resistance against these foul creatures, It's Colonel Fury."

Even with his keen tactical mind i cant see how any team of 'Avengers' could get us out of this. No, the battle was lost long ago, before we even knew there was one.

"Vic? You OK buddy?" I had been silent for a moment too long it seems.

"Yes Mr. Storm, I'm fine. Get some rest. We shall talk more in the morning."

"Alrighty. And hey, enough of the Mr. Storm crap ok? Its Johnny."

Hmph, It almost makes me smile how warm and friendly he is after all these years of biterness between us.

"Very well, Goodnight Johnathan."

"Close enough."

FORMERLY
Spider-Man.gif

I walk into my apartment building - although now it's more like a commune. The Skrulls like to keep humans rounded up in one place. By the same token, they don't like us to congregate - for fear that we'll plan a rebellion. It's quite an interesting contradiction.

On my way up, I pass a familiar face. He's sitting down in the middle of the hallway. But time and sorrow has morphed him into a completely different person. "Parker."

"Hello, Mr. Jameson."

I look at the once-proud face of J. Jonah Jameson. Once he spoke in an authoritative voice which struck fear into the hearts of the weak. Now, he was just a sad, old man...waiting for the theoretical ball to drop.

"I don't know how much longer I can do it, Parker," Jonah tells me in an uncharacteristically soft voice. I look into his eyes and see the old Jonah, but I can't help but feel that he'll never come out again.

I kneel down so I'm on his level. I assure him, "Everything's going to work out, Mr. Jameson." Deep down, I don't even believe those words. But I know that I must say them to be comforting.

He shakes his head. "No...it's not," he protests. "Even Spider-Man's given up..."

Even the way he says "Spider-Man" is different. There's no more contempt in his tone. Suddenly, all the resentfulness is washed away.

"I may have not been his biggest fan...but at least he tried to stop all this," Jonah reasons. "But even Spider-Man's given up...what hope do the rest of us have?"

I try to think of an answer, but there's nothing. I ask myself that every day, to no avail. Perhaps it's true that there is no hope left. But if that were so, why were the post-humans gathering in Africa? Did they not know that it was over, or are they just refusing to admit it?

"Peter! Peter! Peter!" little Bobby repeats as he sees me. Bobby is only about 6 years old. This mess has been going on his whole life. "Where's Mr. Spider-Man, Peter?"

"He's..."

I struggle to find the right thing to say.

"He's gone, Bobby," I sigh. That's the only simple way to explain it.

Bobby still persists. "But why?"

"I don't know," I respond. I look back at Jonah. His face is riddled with pessimism and sorrow.

"Does he not care about us anymore?" Bobby continues.

I shake my head. "No...he cares. It's just that--"

"Well, if he cares, why won't he help us?"

"It's not that simple, Bobby," I explain with slight exasperation in my voice.

"Yes, it is! If Spider-Man cares, then he should be helping us! So where is he?"

"I DON'T KNOW!" I shout. I see tiny beads of water form in the bottom of Bobby's eyes. I can't believe that I snapped on him.

Bobby runs away crying while Jonah reminds me, "He's just a kid, Parker."

I bury my head in my hands. "I know...it's just...I'm so tired! I'm tired of this life!" I slump down onto the floor. I see a Skrull patrolman pacing down the hallway.

Jonah leans forward and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Look, Parker...I know it's been hard since your wife died...but you can't give up," he assures me. He pulls himself to his feet. "After all...like you said, it's going to work out...right?"

I don't look at him as he walks away. I'm too frustrated to think straight. I never thought that being a superhero and a teenager would be so simple compared to adult life. I would give anything to go back to then.

Back when Gwen was still alive...Harry was still my best friend...the hardest thing to do was stop crimes and make it to class. Back then, it seemed so complicated. I didn't even realize what complicated was.

I thought that I was stronger than this. I thought that I was going to fight until the bitter end. I never expected that I'd become so cynical. I never expected that I'd abandon all hope.

That's not how the real Peter Parker would act...is it?

Kitty and Peter had driven up the rocky canyon, once the detention centre had been destroyed. They sat in silence. It wasnt a cold silence. There was nothing wrong. It's just that there was nothing to say. There was a wall of rock directly in front of them. Peter just kept on driving.

Kitty absent-mindedly touched the jeep with her hand, just before they made contact with it. They phased right through the rock and ended up in a cavern on the other side. This was their one and only safety precaution. A solid wall which you could only get through when accompanied by Kitty. Peter parked the jeep and Kitty got out to greet the anxious faces.

"It was another set-up. They were all mind-wiped. We destroyed the place," she said stiffly. She looked at Bishop who was sitting at the monitor station. "Any news from Fury?"

"All silent ma'am," he said with a respectful nod. Kitty turned to Peter.

"Where do you reckon we hit 'em next Pete?" she asked, to stunned silence.

"Kitty," he said in his thick Russian accent "There is no-where left to search. All the detention centres in the area have been checked, and we saved anyone we could,"

Kitty sighed. It was hopeless. What in god's name was Fury's plan? To let them all rot here?

"We must be able to do something. Nick set us up here for a reason, before the comms blackout. We're still getting some information in,"

"Only what we get from bunnying the Skrull general bulletins. They only say which heroes have been captured, which are dead, and which are still on the run. Fury hasn't been mentioned at all yet,"

"Which means he's still under cover somewhere," she said, turning to the dozen men and woman that populated the small cave. They were minor heroes at best, and at worst normal humans that had stayed behind from Africa.

"We can't give up. We can't let them win. We fight till the end. You've heard that Spider-man has given up? Bull! He's around but the skrull aren't telling us, i'd bet my life on it. You've heard of the new X-men teams? They're fighting, and they're led by old criminals. And you want to give up? Then you can go through that transporter and go to Africa, where you can live under the rule of an iradiated maniac! But me? I'm gonna carry on fighting," she said before storming off to her small quarters.

As she went, Bishop looked up at the small screen in front of him. There was a green blip, followed by several other green blips. Then several more.

"****!" he shouted jumping up. Kitty stalked back into the room.

"What the hell is the problem now Bishop?" she said moodily. Bishop turned, a look of horror on his face.

"Skrull war-ships ma'am, closig down on our position," he said. Kitty thought for a second.

"Arm up everyone. They're coming to get their transporter back. We dont let it go, understand?" she said, pulling the two guns out of her jeans pocket. Her eyes flashed side-ways to the stolen Skrull transporter device. It was set to send the person straight to Africa.

"They're coming," I say quickly. "Longshot. The skrulls know we're here."

"How many?"

"All of them."

"Perfect," Wolverine added as she let her adamntium claws snikt!

"No. Sinister needs the information in this disk and we can't risk him not getting it. Its not the time to fight."

"Iv Ah know Sinistuh, 'e probly already az wat 'e needs."

"Enough Remy," Longshot added. "Sooraya, we need cover."

"On it," Dust said as she enveloped the X-Men in a cloud of dust.

The battle was brutal. Of course with Longshot on our side, we always had just enough luck to escpae by the skin of our teeth.

Wolverine was not fond of that, but then again she had been bred to fight, to never give up, because her healing factor would keep her alive.

Sooraya ripped through the skrulls lungs in a devastating storm as Remy attacked with a continually charging staff. Even the Brute used his enormous strangth to breack through walls as we attamepted to escape.

I was not a trained a combatant, but I could best anyone with mind. Images of skrulls flashed through my head but I couldn't make them out. The brute screamed. I was reading his rage at having been experimented on over and over again.

Too much.

"C'mon Nate," Sooraya said as she grabbed my hand pulling me out of the complex. It was a quick escape to our concelaed blackbird. I used my telepathy to make a bubble of imperception and soon we were gone.

"We're getting lazy people," Laura said as she slung her stuff to the ground. "They never should have seen us coming or going."

"We got de disk, dat iz enough fer nahw."

"Alright you two," Long shot said as he flew the blackbird, its time to get back to base.

"Skrull war-ships ma'am, closing down on our position," he said. Kitty thought for a second.

"Arm up everyone. They're coming to get their transporter back. We dont let it go, understand?" she said, pulling the two guns out of her jeans pocket. Her eyes flashed side-ways to the stolen Skrull transporter device. It was set to send the person straight to Africa.

Kitty sat in the darkness. They had turned off all the power, so that the skrull sensors may overlook them. But Kitty knew they knew where they were. This may well be her last stand. Peter was standing close by, rocket launcher stropped onto his metallic shoulder. Bishop was on the far right with the rest of Station 21.

There was a loud boom as the wall of rock exploded in with a huge force. The skrull soldiers came running in, and Kitty immediatley let fire with her two pistols. The chatter of machine gun fire came from all around the cave. There was a tremendous crash as Peters rocket launcher hit the first of the Super-Skrulls.

A skrull commando came towards her. She lept forwards and kicked his legs out, before shooting its prone form on the floor. The first of the converted Sentinels entered through the chasm in the cave. At first the sentinels had been used as the shock force for Earths defence. But when the Pentagon went, control of the Sentinels went with it.

From her position she could see Bishop absorbing the skrull energy weapons, and throwing it back at them. The small cave was filling with smoke. As she fired, she shouted out
"STATION 21 FALL BACK TO THE TRANSPORTER!" she screamed, backing up herself.

As Bishop and Colossus held off the Skrull, Kitty activated the transporter.

"Every human, go through now! That is a direct order," she bellowed, and turned back to the scene behind her.

Colossus was in hand-to-hand with 3 shape shifting skrull, and one sentinel. Kitty dived, and heaved up Colosuss' fallen rocket launcher. She aimed it vaguely in the direction of the sentinel and let the laser targeting system do the rest. The sentinel fell in a shower of sparks.

"Thank-you my dear," Peter said in broken english. As he turned to look at Kitty, as Super-Skrull, shoved his spear-arm through his chest. Peter looked down. He grunted and carried on fighting. He broke the Super-skrulls neck.

"BISHOP! MEDIVAC NOW!!" she screamed as Bishop broke off from his fight. She ran over to Peters side, shooting two skrull in the head as she ran.

Colossus felled another Spuer-Skrull, throwing him into a sentinels head as he transformed into a dragon. He looked down at the gaping wound in his chest and fell to the floor.

Kitty was almost immediatley by his side, as was Bishop. She was vaguely aware of the events unfurling behind her. In the corner of her eye she saw Captain Ultra defending the transporter, as the last of the humans fled, and Icarus up in the air with his twin machine guns, shooting the skrull.

"It don't look good ma'am," Bishop said. His hands felt on the wound in Peters armoured skin. Kitty nodded.

"We'll put him through the transporter," she said looking around. Icarus had landed on the ground now and was shooting into the mass of skrull.

"Fall back!" Bishop shouted to him. Icarus turned around, shooting a last skrull in the knee-cap, before running over and helping Bishop and Kitty lift Peter the short few metres to the transporter. Kitty layed him down in it, and pressed the activation button.

"I love you," she said, touching his lips, as he faded away. she turned back to the battle. Swordsman and Wither were trying despratley to stem the tide, and failing. Icarus stepped through the transporter, and Bishop activated it, while Kitty shot into the fray.

Captain Ultra stepped through also, and activated it himself, as Bishop returned to the battle.

"WITHER! SWORDSMAN! FALL BACK! RETREAT!" he bellowed.

Wither came running towards the device and jumped through, as Kittys fist slammed on the button. Swordsman turned, but a skrull fist punched through his head.

"JAQUES!" Kitty screamed.

She turned and saw Bishop unconscious in a sentinels arms. It was all over. She turned to the transporter, and chucked a grenade in. Her last link to Africa, and Peter, was destroyed in a ball of fire. As she turned to the skrull, a glowing red net was dropped over her. She tried to phase thorugh it, but electricity coursed through her body.

"no..." she whispered. The skrull around her laughed. She was captured.

The night was restless. My dreams took me back to times in my life I would rather not relive.
My childhood, the death of my Mother, the lab explosion and more recently, the fall of Latveria at the hands of the Skrull.

Each time I see them so vividly and accurately portrayed, like watching a tragic Shakespearian play where the subject is my life.

I decide to avoid sleep this night. The castle was deadly silent, like a tomb. It very well could be. Would be only fitting that Victor Von Doom should die in his own castle, hunted down like a dog and murdered along with the civilians downstairs, sleeping in tents that fill up the great hall.

I found myself on the top of the inner wall, peering down at the grasslands beyond. My anger swelled as I noticed the Skrull encampments off into the distance. I watched as trucks came and went delivering necsesities to the Skrull.

The trucks.

It was simple. Why had I not thought of such a plan before. Was my intellect clouded by fear or depression?

"Can't sleep either?"

I spun around broken from my trance-like planning. There I saw Johnathan Storm, fully dressed and looking fresh as the morning dew.

"You should be resting Johnathan."

"Ah, sick of lying on my butt doing nothing. Just checked with your medic, he says I'm all healed up. I asked for a lolipop but said he was fresh out. What ya gonna do eh?"

How can he still be making jokes after the tradegy of losing your sister and your brother-in-law? Is it that he truly does not feel grief? Has he healed that pain just as quickly as his concussion?

Then it hit me. It was all a charade. The laughing, the smile, the jokes. All a front.

"Johnathan. I was truly sorry to hear about Susan and Reed."

"No you weren't. You hated Reed Richards. You hated Sue. You hated me and you hated Ben. Just the way it was. We hated you back."

All was silent for a moment as I thought about all the times I had battled the Fantastic Four, I remember intending to kill them all. I remember the day I heard the news. That Reed and Susan Richards were dead. At the time I didnt know how I felt, I don't now either.

"I miss them Vic."

A tear fell down the Human Torch's cheek, almost instantly evaporating. I put an armored hand upon his shoulder.

"I know."

It was all I could say. I could find no words of comfort for this man. I have felt the pain of loss before, I dealt with it on my own, didn't want nor need kind words of condolence.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go while I've still got the cover of darkness. Walk until I reach the farmlands then should be able to fly under the radar until I reach open water."

"I will send a group to accompany you."

"No, you've done enough Vic. Thank you."

"Well then Mr. Storm it has been a pleasure. Until we meet again."

"Seeya around Vic"

The Human Torch walked down the tower and out of sight.

"Could be sooner than you think my friend."

"<Halt, who goes there?>"

"<I.. Uh.. I was just out for a stroll, I meant no harm..>"

The Skrull looked unconvined and raised his rifle against his shoulder and pointed it towards the human, he shouted back at him with a harsh and reptillian voice, that made Wendell Vocker, the simple German historian (distant relative of Baron Helmut Zemo) shiver.

"You are out after curfew, pink skin.. A night in the cooler should show you the error of your ways!"

"<No.. I.. Please, have mercy.. I.. I just need to get home to my wife and children>"

"<Keep talking and you won't have a wife and child to go home to.. Now shut up, and follow me>!"

The Skrull shouted at him hitting him with the butt of his rifle, Wendell fell to the floor and raised his hands infront of his face to protect himself, he pleaded with the skrull who stood over him, his facial expressions not changing at all.

"<I... please.. I beg of you, just let me go home!>"

"<That's it, you asked for it.. Prepare to di->"

Out of nowhere Baron Zemo leapt from the bushes, brandishing an ancient sword, he pressed it against the Skrull's neck and whispered into it's ear. For the first time in a very long time, the Skrull felt fear, he had been given an easy job; look after some old ruins, not once had he ever ran into trouble, but as the man stood infront of him staring him deep in the eye.. he knew he would die tonight.

"I think you should be the one that's worried for his life, Skrull.."

"Ack!"

Zemo slashed the green skinned Alien's head off, it fell to the floor with a dull thud, but not before the Skrull managed to fire off a single round from his rifle.

"Jesus Christ, Zemo.. you left that late, I was scared you'd left me.. Couldn't you have been a bit quieter?"

"Baron Zemo to you, Vocker..And you seem to have forgotten already who it was, coughing, that caught his attention?"

Helmut glared at Vocker and said in a berating tone, something about the man gave you hope, he wasn't the most moral of men but in times like these, morals were out-dated. Zemo didn't blink once, until the historian's head dropped and he the embaressment was very clear in his reply.

"You've made your point.. we'd better be going, reinforcements will be here any secon-"

"Over there! I told you I could smell them.. soon their foul stench will be masked with that of their blood!.."

A group of skrull's jumped through the tree's and pointed their weapons towards the pair of men; Zemo kept his back to them at al times, making it very clear he did not view them as a threat. He helped Wendell to his feet and nodded at him slightly, before drawing his sword from it's hilt.

"Get as far away from here as you can, Wendell.. if you thought the previous skirmish was noisy, I doubt you will be able to stomach this.."

38b02ce9.jpg

"<Dear God, look at it's face!.. These human's are ugly, but him? He's the ugliest thing I've ever laid my eyes on.. Surely he is some abomination, we do him a justice in ending his life.. put him out of his misery!>"

The Skrull's recoiled in disgust, Zemo's face was heavily scarred and not very easy on the eye; this didn't bother him though, it had become something of a family tradition along with the mask. Some men could be bitter about looking like a freak, but Helmut was always taught that he was better than everyone else, because he was a Zemo. Not long ago he came to his senses and realised how stupid that really was, that every man was created equal, it was their decisions that made them great, not their blood.

"You speak good german, but it will take alot more than insults to kill me.."

He leapt to his feet, darting between the group of a dozen or so soldiers, slashing away speedily, not giving them space to move.

"Arghh!"

Heads fell off shoulders.

"Erughh!"

Limbs were amputated.

"Ahhh!"

Blood was spilled.

"<Ghg..gg...Mercy.. I..ghg... beg you>"

"Mercy, you ask for mercy? It's too late for mercy.. Perhaps a better man would grant you it, but.. I am not that man.."

Zemo stood above his fallen enemy, the last of them, begging him for mercy.. Once upon a time he would have refused it without a second thought, there was another time when he may have given it.. but he thought hard before dropping the sword straight through the Skrull's brain. The green blood flicked onto his face and he stood above his fallen enemies, smiling, he called out to his companion, well aware he had watched from a distance.

"You can come out now, Vocker.."

Wendell came stumbling from the bushes, looking rather paled and sickly, it took some people a while to adjust to Zemo's methods, but they got the job done.

"I see now why the Zemo's are so feared, their ferocity with the sword is unmacthed by any I've ever seen before.. You murder so freely, does it not bother you that these Skrulls had lives?"

"Like it bothered them when they murdered and raped our Earth?.. Come now, Wendell.. you must know better than most, desperate times call for desperate measures"

"You.. You are right, Baron.."

"Yes, I'm glad you see that now.."

"But what now?"

"Now?... Now, we gather my Thunderbolts"

"Did you get it," Sinister asked as we returned to base. It was the only home i had ever known, I was birthed in just the other room, in Sinister's make shift lab. Hank went straight for his favorite toy. I could see a sadness in Gambit's eyes as he did so.

"We did, Wolverine said.

"And you Nathan. How was your first fireld operation?"

"It went well Mr. S."

"Excelent excellent."

"Sooraya realy helped out alot."

"Yes, well that is why we selected her."

"Let me analyze this data, if what is on this disks is what I suspect, we may be making another trip above ground rather quickly."

"Good. 'Cuz ah dont much like it 'ere."

"Too many bad memories, Remy?" Sinister asked.

"You could say dat." Gambit ran his fingers along the wall. "You could definetly say dat."

Kitty Pryde
She room was dark, and the chair was cold. That was all she knew. It was metal. The chair that is not the room. Although from the sound it made when a skrull crossed it, it could well be metal. They must have better night-sight than us, she thought dolefully as she sat there.

She'd tried to phase through the chair a hundred times, but they'd injected her with something, and now she couldn't. It'd been a long time since the battle at Station 21. She didnt know whether it was days weeks or months or years. She guessed it was around a month. But she didnt know. Bishop would've known, but he wasnt there. Only Kitty, and her thoughts.

"You killed us Kitty. We're dead because of you," Scott stated, his arm around Emma. Kitty hung her head.

"I'm sorry. I tried,"

"No you didn't. You knew deep down that he was a skrull. You just left him there, in the hope he would kill me. Well you got your wish. I hope your happy,"

"I didnt know!"

"You failed us Pryde," Colonel Fury said, looking down on her with contempt "Did you not work out why i sent you to Station 21? Are you that dense?"

"No...You didnt tell me..."

"Because the skrull had eyes and ears everywhere, soldier! You should've worked it out. You killed me. You were the focus of my plan. You killed everyone,"

"No. I wasnt. You would've told me if i was. Your still alive. Your not dead yet. I can help you," she pleaded.

"It is over Kitty. You sent me to Africa? You know how the medical facilites there are? I was dead within the hour!"

"Pete...no...Pete," she sobbed.

"You failed me,"

"No. Pete, i love you!"

"I dont love you. Nobody could love a coward like you,"

"No..." she cried. "YOUR NOT REAL!"

Behind the two-way mirror, the skrull scientist turned to his supervisor.

"<she is showing remarkable resistance>" he said. The supervisor looked at his chart.

"<Increase the dosage>" he said turning away from the room with the lonel girl in it.

"LET ME OUT OF HERE!"

Kitty Pryde

She room was dark, and the chair was cold. That was all she knew. It was metal. The chair that is not the room. Although from the sound it made when a skrull crossed it, it could well be metal. They must have better night-sight than us, she thought dolefully as she sat there.​

She'd tried to phase through the chair a hundred times, but they'd injected her with something, and now she couldn't. It'd been a long time since the battle at Station 21. She didnt know whether it was days weeks or months or years. She guessed it was around a month. But she didnt know. Bishop would've known, but he wasnt there. Only Kitty, and her thoughts.​

"You killed us Kitty. We're dead because of you," Scott stated, his arm around Emma. Kitty hung her head.​

"I'm sorry. I tried,"

"No you didn't. You knew deep down that he was a skrull. You just left him there, in the hope he would kill me. Well you got your wish. I hope your happy,"

"I didnt know!"

"You failed us Pryde," Colonel Fury said, looking down on her with contempt "Did you not work out why i sent you to Station 21? Are you that dense?"

"No...You didnt tell me..."

"Because the skrull had eyes and ears everywhere, soldier! You should've worked it out. You killed me. You were the focus of my plan. You killed everyone,"

"No. I wasnt. You would've told me if i was. Your still alive. Your not dead yet. I can help you," she pleaded.​

"It is over Kitty. You sent me to Africa? You know how the medical facilites there are? I was dead within the hour!"

"Pete...no...Pete," she sobbed.​

"You failed me,"

"No. Pete, i love you!"

"I dont love you. Nobody could love a coward like you,"

"No..." she cried. "YOUR NOT REAL!"

Behind the two-way mirror, the skrull scientist turned to his supervisor.​

"<she is showing remarkable resistance>" he said. The supervisor looked at his chart.​

"<Increase the dosage>" he said turning away from the room with the lonel girl in it.​

"LET ME OUT OF HERE!"

I heard her scream in my head.

"What is Nate," Wolverine asked.

"I'm not sure," I said as i tossed hank another ball to fetch.

Kitty struggled in her restraints, desprately trying to reach out to the spectres before her. She cried out at the injustice of it.

"Calm yourself Kitty," came a soothing voice. It was so soothing that Kitty stopped fighting for a minute. Then she saw where it was coming from.

"YOU B*ST*RD. YOU KILLED THEM ALL. DAMN YOU!" she screamed trying to claw at the eyes of Proffesor Charles Xavier.

"My child, you must be calm. This is not your fault. None of this is. Don't blame yourself. Help will come. It always does," came the voice. It did not seem as cold as the other apperations.

"Are you real?" she whispered.

"Is anything?" the face of Charles Xavier said before vanishing. In the control room on the other side the skrull scientists talked with each other.

"<How is she resisting the effects of the serum?>"

"<I do not know>"

"<Why hasn't she collapsed from exhaustion?>

"<I do not know>"

"<Why hasnt she died?>"

"<I DO NOT KNOW!>"

"< The computer readout says she is imagining images of her own,>"

"<She will break. They all do,>"

"Proffesor come back! You have to help me! Come back!" she said miserably. She suddenly had a picture thrown into her brain, of Hank Mcoy playing with a ripped up tennis ball, with Remy watching him, a glint of sadness in his eye. It was so sad...

"...please...?"

I walked in as Mr. Sinister was hunched over his computer.

"Does it have what you needed," I ask.

"Mostly."

"Why not tell us what you were searching for?"

"Nobody can know," Sinister reponded. "If one of you were captured and revealed what am I doing..."

"I don't think any of us would..."

"Under duress? Though mind games? What if he skrulls resurrected your parents, Jean and Scott? Do you mean to tell me you would not confide in them?"

"I never knew them."

Sinister looked up at me. "Assemble the X-Men. I've found what I needed."

I walked in as Mr. Sinister was hunched over his computer.

"Does it have what you needed," I ask.

"Mostly."

"Why not tell us what you were searching for?"

"Nobody can know," Sinister reponded. "If one of you were captured and revealed what am I doing..."

"I don't think any of us would..."

"Under duress? Though mind games? What if he skrulls resurrected your parents, Jean and Scott? Do you mean to tell me you would not confide in them?"

"I never knew them."

Sinister looked up at me. "Assemble the X-Men. I've found what I needed."

"The Skrull's Compound," Sinister began. "It should be familiar to most of you...the Baxter Building. Do not think it has been without security upgrades, the disk you were able to recover for me details exactly what those have been. The building holds a genetic sample the fantastic four's enemy known as the super skrull. I need it.Get in. Retrieve the sample, return to our tunnels. That is your mission. Go."

(IC: VENOM)

Punch after punch hit the Skrull guard as he was overtaken by his adversary. He had came seemingly out of the shadows and had already taken out half of his fellow guards. He was a creature of physical perfection, muscles larger than many Skrulls. He saw him dodge his blasts from his laser, followed by hearing the crack of his neck. He toppled over, dead.

Yet another casualty caused by Venom. He threw the body onto the bloody wall before him. The corpse landed on the large web Venom had spun, hanging there with his fellow defeated colleagues. Venom couldn't help but crack a smile. He always loved inflicting pain, and now he didn't have to worry about laws, considering that just about no Skrull could match him.

The door of the he was in busted of its hinge, thanks to the battering ram carried by several Skrull guards. Now intending to use the ram on Venom, they charged, but Venom side-stepped them easily. The ram, along with its users, flew out the large window behind him, death awaiting.

More guards poured in, and Venom began to kill all that came near him. Skrull after Skrull fell before him, until they decided to work together against him. They all went after him with their lasers set on taser mode, but it had no effect. Dropping their weapons, they attempted to melee against him. Bad move.

Venom went balistic on his adversaries, killing them with more ease then the Skrulls with weapons. Soon after, the room was littered with bodies, and splattered in blood. Venom licked his lips, and left the room. He headed higher up the building, killing the stragglers that he came in contact with.

Soon, he found his destination, and ripped the door open. The room contained many futuristic file cabinets. He found the right one, tore the drawer open, and grabbed the file labeled "Mulligan, Patrick". Just what he was looking for. Venom broke the nearest window, shot a web, and swung off.

"Mission accomplished," Venom muttered to himself.

We landed the plane outside of the Baxter Building. Longshot was the the first to speak.

"Get ready."

the screams penetrated my head.

"What is it Nate?"

"I'm not sure."

We landed the plane outside of the Baxter Building. Longshot was the the first to speak.

"Get ready."

the screams penetrated my head.

"What is it Nate?"

"I'm not sure."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAA" she cried out into the darkness. And then there was an answer.

"Kitty. It's not over yet. Fight these last few minutes. They are coming,"

"SCOTT! SAVE ME!"

"I cant Kitty. They will come,"

"Please?"

"Pryde? Carry on, soldier. Your fighting like a true hero,"

"Help?"

"Kitty. My brave, brave Kitty. You've fought for so long. You've turned these illusions of the skrulls against them. Your fighting. Your truly an X-Man. And i miss you so much. I love you,"

"I...I love you to," she whispered. Then a light appeared, blinding white.

"<Kitty Pryde, your experimentation has failed. You will be executed on the orders of the Empress>"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"