DC Universe (Animated) - Batman: HUSH (2019)

There is literally nothing special about it. Nothing. I don't know if it's because the last string of animated Batman movies have been aggressively mediocre and I've finally had enough, but this movie pissed me off more than it should have. I'm annoyed that it exists. It's lazy and uninspired and decidedly worse than the original graphic novel. Get back to me when Warner Bros. Animation actually makes a movie with something to say. If the last several years are anything to go by, I won't hold my breath.

*Goes to watch Mask of the Phantasm five times in a row*
Hey!

TMNT Vs Batman was good

I like rainn Wilson but him as Luthor is an abomination. Would rather have anyone.

Overall, I liked it , though I really don't know the Hush storyline super well. I will say, my biggest gripe is having a Catwoman with her heart so firmly on her sleeve as she does in this film.

I prefer the Selina Kyle who's much more illusive as far as her true feelings go and ,
if anything, she would be the one very much resistant to truly changing and settling down. The romance also ended pretty abruptly after a whole film of building it imo.

Again, I don't know the Hush story that well so I don't know if that's an aspect of the original storyline ,or if that was thrown in for this film.

I was fine with it all in all , though I can see why others might not like it.

So basically this movie is worth watching if you're a fan of the New 52 Batman movies? Well if that's the case then I will give this a miss.

So basically this movie is worth watching if you're a fan of the New 52 Batman movies? Well if that's the case then I will give this a miss.

I'm not so sure about the new 52 part, but I think if you're someone like me who doesn't know the Hush storyline from the comics all that well, you'll tend to like it more.

I Love BOTH the Hush comics and this animated adaptation each on their own way..

Heck, I even think the new Hush twist in the animation made much more sense to Me than the comics to be honest...

Only negative I have was the animation did felt bland and rushed. Even the Damian Wayne trilogy was Better animated than this.. I got way excited for Hush after seeing such improvements in Death and Return of Superman... But it seems They cut a lot of quick corners to rush HUSH Out for a quick buck sadly.

The Only part that look Great was the climax fight in the end...

I Love BOTH the Hush comics and this animated adaptation each on their own way..

Heck, I even think the new Hush twist in the animation made much more sense to Me than the comics to be honest...

Only negative I have was the animation did felt bland and rushed. Even the Damian Wayne trilogy was Better animated than this.. I got way excited for Hush after seeing such improvements in Death and Return of Superman... But it seems They cut a lot of quick corners to rush HUSH Out for a quick buck sadly.

The Only part that look Great was the climax fight in the end...
Have they kept in Batman's awesome beatdown of the Joker? And if so, is it as brutal as in the comic?

I just don’t know how they ****ed it up so bad...
The animation and voice acting felt so lifeless.
This universe is not doing it for me.

When it comes to this universe, I do think, ''Is it me? Have I become an old fart reminiscing about the good old Timm/DCAU days? OR are these movies just so unbelievably mediocre?''.

Then I think, nope... I lovedYoung Justice, I loved Brave and the Bold, I LOVED Beware the Batman. I still love the Timm produced DTV's

With this New 52/James Tucker universe, it's the stagnant designs, the ever changing, bland voice actors, the cherry picking and butchering of comic book storylines. The varying quality from decent to awful. I'm happy for those that like it, but I certainly wouldn't miss it if WB axed them.

I thought this movie was fine... but, on repeat veiwngs, it could have been so much more, just like most Tucker DTV's.

When it comes to this universe, I do think, ''Is it me? Have I become an old fart reminiscing about the good old Timm/DCAU days? OR are these movies just so unbelievably mediocre?''.

Then I think, nope... I lovedYoung Justice, I loved Brave and the Bold, I LOVED Beware the Batman. I still love the Timm produced DTV's

With this New 52/James Tucker universe, it's the stagnant designs, the ever changing, bland voice actors, the cherry picking and butchering of comic book storylines. The varying quality from decent to awful. I'm happy for those that like it, but I certainly wouldn't miss it if WB axed them.

I thought this movie was fine... but, on repeat veiwngs, it could have been so much more, just like most Tucker DTV's.

Frankly, I liked this more than Jl vs Fatal five, which I feel like only got attention because it used the old JLU designs.

Have they kept in Batman's awesome beatdown of the Joker? And if so, is it as brutal as in the comic?

Yes They kept it and No it was poorly animated on that part. Lowest point of the film, Sadly...

Frankly, I liked this more than Jl vs Fatal five, which I feel like only got attention because it used the old JLU designs.

Despite minor problems w/ rushed animation w/ HUSH... Agreed.

Recently watched on the DCU app.

It was........ fine. Which is to say that I didn't hate it, but I'm also glad I didn't spend 20 bucks on it either.

Recently watched on the DCU app.

It was........ fine. Which is to say that I didn't hate it, but I'm also glad I didn't spend 20 bucks on it either.
Im one of the idiots that did pay. That movie sucked. Waste of time.

Im one of the idiots that did pay. That movie sucked. Waste of time.
I haven't seen the movie yet but what did you think of the twist? When I read the spoiler I pretty much decided not to watch Hush.

DC Universe posting this on their page only makes the films animation look even worse compared to the art and just animated in general.
68098607_23843680264640154_5882520451372023808_n.png.jpg

Just watched. Ooof, mixed feelings (at best) about the twist, but the whole enterprise in general was just so very "meh." Morrison was not a good Catwoman at all, and because of that, all the Bruce/Selina stuff fell extremely flat. Sad to see these animated features going downhill as they've been. They used to be highlights of the DC brand for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"