DC Universe (Animated) - Batman: HUSH (2019)

Did the digital dl include special features or just the movie? Because I wanted to know if Bloodlines sneak peak was uploaded.

Jason O’Mara is a genuinely bad Batman. He does a terrible job. I’m sorry. No offense to him as a person, he just sucks.

The voice actor for Gordon in this is also just terrible.

Very unimpressed by Catwoman as well...

Yikes. Lackluster voice acting doesn’t prevent me from enjoying these movies. Beyond that, I was pretty happy.

Let's say the fight between Superman and Batman in Hush is the flip side of their fight from Justice League War.

Looking forward to Superman: Red Son and Man of Tomorrow.

My god this is probably the worst Joker voice we’ve ever had. What’s going on?

I did not appreciate the style of animation AGAIN. Catwoman looked like a 70's kid's cartoon character in her outfit. Not impressed with the voice acting either. Story was good.

Whoever designed the Catwoman design for this should be fired. They managed to take Jim Lee’s take on Darwyn Cooke’s Catwoman design (which was pretty great) and do this stupid diamond shaped goggle.

51wlh6.jpg

I watched ten minutes of this.

The art style is so incredibly bland in these movies. Generic as hell. Same goes for the voice work.

Why have they decided every single movie should be made in the same run of the mill art style? Is it a cost thing? Because part of a great comic story’s personality is how it’s drawn. These animated movies really should at least try to recreate it.

The art style is so incredibly bland in these movies. Generic as hell. Same goes for the voice work.

Why have they decided every single movie should be made in the same run of the mill art style? Is it a cost thing? Because part of a great comic story’s personality is how it’s drawn. These animated movies really should at least try to recreate it.

It's puzzling because I loved the animation style and quality in the Justice League and Teen Titans movies that they released a few years ago. Not digging this current style.

Yeah i dont get it.
Its not like the style or animation is bad in terms of quality, its just that it has no life in it.
It feels so sterile, nothing really unique...even the character designs get kind of boring after a while.
The voice work is okay, but yeah...it feels generic.

The whole universe they built here is simply generic...or better said the movies because i dont know if they all fall into the same overall universe with differen multiverses or so.

The Killing Joke slightly gone a bit more unique but the general art style is just too Generic to work in any kind of way.

They should ditch this continuity and just continue the DCAU

I dont need them to continue the DCAU, but they should really ditch this continuity.
I want a proper court of owls story, a proper killing joke...and a proper hush adaption.

I already weep for how empty Red Son and that "original" superman film will look.

The current DCAU animation style really reminds me of the old cookie cutter Saturday morning cartoon animation style.

DC Animation used to be a real treat. Under the Red Hood, TDKR, Year One, etc were amazing.

Now they keep pumping out these mediocre movies with lame VA, uninspired and bland animation, in a continuity I couldn't care less about. The only continuity I get from these recent movies is that they're all bleh.

I would rather they weren't made, because it's wasting great source material. Now we'll never get TKJ or Hush adapted with the quality of UTRH or TDKR. A shame.

What annoys me is that we'll never get proper adaptions of Batman and Son, Court of Owls, or Batman and Robin: Reborn, because they decided to do half assed versions instead.

As others have said, the animation style sucks and most of the VA is terrible. Damian wasn't in the comic, right? I hate that character so much.

Saw this yesterday and really enjoyed it. At first i wasnt sure how to feel about that twist and deviation from the comic. In fact i was kind of underwhelmed as it seemed to come out of absolute nowhere but i think its an interesting twist just wish there had actually been some narrative foreshadowing to it so we could guess it.

Just finished it. Wow that was terrible.

I've really enjoyed these movies mostly. But yeah, this one was just awful.

I just reread the original story in anticipation of this movie, and it was so good

Holy **** though, this movie was pretty awful. I don’t understand

The voice actor for Batman needed to be fired years ago. O’Mara is one of the worst Batman’s ever

Major disappointment, this had so much potential and it screwed it up. I don't understand why they felt the need to change so much of the main story.

This felt so disjointed and rushed to be released to have something Batman related for the 80th Anniversary . It's ashame Batman: Hush is a real good Batman graphic novel that would have been wonderful to see done either in live Action or Animation the right way.

Imo the best DC Animated Batman related films are

1. Mask of The Phantasm
2. Return Of The Joker
3. Under the Red Hood
4. Sub-Zero
5. The Dark Knight Returns
6. Year One
7. Batman vs. Robin
8. Return Of The Cape Crusaders
9. Batman vs. Two-Face
10. Batman vs. The Ninja Turtles

O'Mara is completely devoid of life in this movie. Was he sleepwalking in the recording booth?

O'Mara in monotone: "I'd like that."

JESUS.

He’s honestly my least favorite Batman voice of the modern era. Just horrible

It doesn’t even have to be Conroy. Bruce Greenwood, Rino Romano, Anthony Ruivar, Jeremy Sisto, Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker would all be preferable.

I mean come on. Get someone with even a shred of charisma.

I'm not a massive fan of the Hush comic, but I did (surprisingly) like the look of the trailer for this. Looks like I might have to give this one a pass.

I'm not a massive fan of the Hush comic, but I did (surprisingly) like the look of the trailer for this. Looks like I might have to give this one a pass.
There is literally nothing special about it. Nothing. I don't know if it's because the last string of animated Batman movies have been aggressively mediocre and I've finally had enough, but this movie pissed me off more than it should have. I'm annoyed that it exists. It's lazy and uninspired and decidedly worse than the original graphic novel. Get back to me when Warner Bros. Animation actually makes a movie with something to say. If the last several years are anything to go by, I won't hold my breath.

*Goes to watch Mask of the Phantasm five times in a row*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"