DC Universe (Animated) - Batman: HUSH (2019)

Baker for Batman please. I prefer his Batman greatly over his needless Hamill impression.

Hell, get him for Two Face again. Literally anyone other than Joker lol

Tim Sale's art style is going to be tough... but I hope they at least give it a good go AND play with the colour palette of the film. Killing Joke looked too bland compared to the book.

Killing Joke was an abomination visually. I still don't understand why they keep trying to adapt comics that were renowned for their artwork. Nobody read Hush or Long Halloween for the mediocre Jeph Loeb writing. The artwork carried those two stories. As we've seen with WB animation, they're not really qualified to adapt powerhouse artists like Tim Sale or Brian Bolland.

Jason O'Mara as Batman
Jennifer Morrison as Selina Kyle
Jerry O'Connell as Superman
Rebecca Romijn as Lois Lane
Rainn Wilson as Lex Luthor
Sean Maher as Nightwing
Bruce Thomas as Jim Gordan
Stuart Allan as Damian Wayne
James Garrett as Alfred Pennyworth

Maury Sterling as Thomas Elliot/HUSH

Geoffrey Arend as The Riddler
Jason Spisak as The Joker
Vannessa Williams as Amanda Waller
Adam Gifford as Bane
Dachie Alessio as Lady Shiva
Peyton List as Batgirl/Poison Ivy
Tara Strong as Reporter

Written by Ernie Altbacker, Directed by Justin Copeland and produced by James Tucker.

2zsttzn.jpg

I really enjoyed Death of Superman and Reign of Supermen.. Thought They were an improvement. Hopefully They continue the trend w/ HUSH.

Shame about the return to this animation style. This universe needs a jolt of some creative energy. It's looking far too bland.
Agreed. God help us if The Long Halloween looks like this.

Was hoping they would do what they did with DKR/Year One, and recreate Jim Lee's art

It’s a shame they didn’t even try to emulate Jim Lee’s work. I am still excited for it though... they better not do this treatment with TLH though... reading the comments above have made me feel a little better about it not being like this though.

Long Halloween will be a 2 parter and stand alone much like DKR.. It'd be interesting to see Tim Sale's painting art animated. I always view it as always flowing and moving like liquid water colors.

Batman: Hush Movie - Exclusive First Look Photo and Voice Cast News - IGN

Confirmation that they're still going with this damn universe is an eyeroll, but Jennifer Morrison as Selina works for me.

Yeah, I like Morrisons voice so there is that.
But i hate this bland and boring animation style they have.
You make movies of comics that had such different styles, themes and feelings...but all they do is the same animation style over and over and over...its boring.

Yeah, I like Morrisons voice so there is that.
But i hate this bland and boring animation style they have.
You make movies of comics that had such different styles, themes and feelings...but all they do is the same animation style over and over and over...its boring.

By that logic Bruce Timm's DCAU is Boring.. Yet it Gets a Pass because of Nostalgia.. Right.

The difference with Bruce Timm is that his artstyle is usually reserved for DCAU style projects.

Phil Bourassa has been overutilized by WB in the last 10 years and his ''designs'' are popping up everywhere. Some people are sick of seeing it in the DTV's, Young Justice and short form content all at the same time. Each one conforming to a different continuity.

Each time he has re-designed the same character, he is diluting what worked about his initial (and worthy of that emmy win) designs.

It doesn't help that the springboard for the DTV designs was ''The New 52''... a concept and look that DC has binned but the DTV's are still clinging onto. O'Mara's Batman really needs an overhaul at this stage.

The worst thing about the new 52 movies is the need to insert Damian into everything.

His dialogue is bad, his VA is bad, and he's just generally unlikable.

I can understand being tired of the same art style but lets be honest here. Is this style worse than what we got in TKJ, Batman and Harley Quinn as well as Gotham by Gaslight? I dont think so.

I'm also amused by the Jim Lee comments. Um pretty sure Lee and John's JL run gave us New 52 designs and aesthetic in the first place.

That said, never cared about the Hush story or character. I honestly hope that it like Reign and Judas Contract gets completely retooled. Keep the Metropolis segments and Bat/Cat romance, dump everything else in favor of something original.

Yeah, i mean, I am still really excited for this, but that animation style is not my first choice. It feels too "Anime" in a sense

I'm actually still liking the design and Damian. I don't get the hate. It's nice having a mix of both standalone and continuity movies each year so we can see actual development.

Although, I do wish young Justice would differentiate from it, but completely understand from a cost perspective.

80% of the comments I’ve seen on other sites are talking **** on the fact that this movie isn’t going with Lee’s art style. HUGE missed opportunity here, and no matter how good this movie is, I will be very disappointed. They’re clearly making some big changes to the source material because they have to adhere to this stupid continuity that very few people really care about.

This movie series was better when they would go with different art styles.

Thank god The Long Halloween is attempting Sale’s art style. At least we get that one.

By that logic Bruce Timm's DCAU is Boring.. Yet it Gets a Pass because of Nostalgia.. Right.

Well this "old angry guy stumbles and falls face first into the ground" kind of post would work if i would have praised Timms style outside of his DCAU projects in any way.

Going back to the topic at hand...i like how they design Bruce and i do like the design of Damian its one of the consistent good things, but otherwise im so tired of that art style and i dont like how selina looks at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"