• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Discussion: The Supreme Court II

I no longer have faith in the supreme court they are full of right wing Trump supporters, in the past while i might not have always agreed with the courts rulings i felt they were at least somewhat partial and adhired to the law and constitution, now, it seems full of hard right political extremists who no longer concern themselves with the law, but what best serves a political party, to many are corrupt and take money from billionaire backers, and with no will to rain them in and put term limits or any kind of ethics on the court they are single handedly setting rights back hundreds of years, they never should have weighed in on the presidental immunity case, especially when 2/3s of the court were appointed and openly support the guy the charges are against, and heaven forbid your a women, their doing a great job taking their rights way

This is why elections matter. There wouldn’t be a conservative supermajority on SCOTUS if people turned out for Hillary Clinton in 2016. And now we will have a conservative supermajority on SCOTUS for decades unless there’s enough D elected officials to change that, ie reforming and expanding the court.

And for people saying that Mitch would’ve kept the seats open like he did with Obama, that wouldn’t really help him if Ds flipped the Senate back in 2020/2021 with Hillary winning re-election. They would eliminate the SCOTUS confirmation filibuster like he did in 2017 with Gorsuck.

Hope Dems come out in force this November or we're totally screwed. :(

Hope Dems come out in force this November or we're totally screwed. :(
Sadly, Biden has his lowest approval rating in his 4 years on office, democrats seem to be doing what they always do, splinter, whine about things that dont matter and will shot themselves in the foot than vote for a Biden, yet he has done alot of good, idk, polls show Biden up nationally and he is either leading of close in every swing state, but frankly i dont think Democrats fully understand what is going to happen of Trump wins.
Meanwhile the spineless republicans are falling in line behind Trump and are continuing to set the narrative of voter fraud, rigged elections, etc, they have a game plan and and most not all are following it, democrats on the other hand will not forcable endorse Biden or his policies, and are divided like always

It's just too depressing. :( Scary times ahead.

Sadly, Biden has his lowest approval rating in his 4 years on office, democrats seem to be doing what they always do, splinter, whine about things that dont matter and will shot themselves in the foot than vote for a Biden, yet he has done alot of good, idk, polls show Biden up nationally and he is either leading of close in every swing state, but frankly i dont think Democrats fully understand what is going to happen of Trump wins.
Meanwhile the spineless republicans are falling in line behind Trump and are continuing to set the narrative of voter fraud, rigged elections, etc, they have a game plan and and most not all are following it, democrats on the other hand will not forcable endorse Biden or his policies, and are divided like always

We saw in the past few cycles that POLLS DON’T MATTER. They were wrong in 2016, 2018, 2020, 2022 and 2023.

The fact that Dems recaptured the VA legislature and Andy Beshear won re-election in Kentucky last year by a larger margin says that Biden will be re-elected. Whether they’ll keep the Senate won’t be determined until 11/5/24.

For the love of God stop fear mongering.

It's hard not to be afraid when Trump spews vile language and ideas and only gains popularity while Biden's approval rating falls. What is wrong with my country? :(

It's for stuff like this that the Supreme Court needs term limits.
Y'know.....I agree. In the past, I've had a knee jerk reaction opposing term limits, but that was in the political realm where people have to get elected to office. Appointees for life is an entirely different deal. I don't like flipping a coin on who gets elected to the White House in order to determine the make up of a group that is the last word in our judicial system. That is exacerbated by the shenanigans of the senate (you feelin me Mitch Turtle?) and I don't like that coin either.

When we have lifetime appointments to the SCOTUS, it has the potential to weight the influence of past administrations in determining some of the most important matters of our day. "IF" we didn't have ideologues on the bench and if they were willing to stay in their lane as prescribed by the constitution, this wouldn't be as much of an issue. Clearly, that isn't the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"