DCAU Composer Shirey Walker Dies at 61

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
The SoundtrackNet website is reporting that composer Shirley Walker has passed away at the age of 61 due to a brain aneurysm. Walker provided the music for Batman the Animated Series, Superman the Animated Series, The Zeta Project, the HBO Spawn series, and Batman Beyond. She also was a composer for the live-action Flash series, and was working on the soundtrack for the direct-to-video animated adaptation of DC: The New Frontier.

Source: http://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=872

That sucks. I really liked her modified version of Elfman's theme on Mask of the Phantasm. She made it much more heroic.

RIP.

Damn this is just a sad day for me all togethor!

She did great work for film as well, here work on the Final Destination films being my favorite. Definitely saddened by the loss, 'cause a lot of B:TAS's appeal came from the music, and Walker really made you feel like you were watching a feature-length film with every episode! In the midst of all the cartoons that had very minimal repetitive stock music, she really made the DCAU truly stand out.

Saw this in the Batman forums. Tis very sad. Rest In Peace, Shirley.:csad:

the defenders said:
i like when people die

Seriously what is the matter with people, we have this kind of comment from this thread, and the another one from the community board.

That's too bad, she did some great work. Here's hoping she got most of her work on her next project done.

Her score for "Black Christmas" was completed, so we'll be able to hear it when the film comes out this month.

This is sad.

defenders, That post was stupid. :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"