Happy 15th Anniversary, "Batman: The Animated Series"

This is the best batman thing EVER in the history of batman... the new batman toon is just embarassing itself by trying to match or surpass this show, what a disgrace to batman, and yet another sign of television's current status. The golden age for cartoons is gone... The simpsons sucks, the new batman sucks... why...

oh well, at least we lived during this show's run though.

I dont really think the new one was every trying to, it always placed itself as a kid show. Having said that, it has improved last season and looks good for this one with all the DC Universe features

I dont really think the new one was every trying to, it always placed itself as a kid show. Having said that, it has improved last season and looks good for this one with all the DC Universe features

Yeah and that's why it fails. It doesn't even try. Just another forgettable LCD kid show. I don't care how its improved. I'm still burned by the show's awfulness, too little too late. Yeah I said it. They should have aimed higher... grr... don't dissapoint the wesyeed.

I'm a huge Batman fan and was excited too about the BTAS and would record almost half of the first season, I liked how they kept Danny Elfman's Batman theme from the start.

but then something happened....

After viewing a few episodes back to back on my VCR I hadn't realized how boring some of the episodes are, lame thug villians, gangsters and crime bosses.

Now you see I grew up on the cartoons of the 80's with in-your-face action/adventure explosive type plots and background music would play over the few "quiet" moments.

Now with the case of BTAS the episodes would move at a slower pace which works fine in the comic books but TV is an entire different medium that requires the viewership of the audience otherwise they change the channel.

Oh yeah I also hated the square jawed caveman look on Batman, Bruce Timm says that less detail in the animation gave it a much leaner look but at times it looked like Hanna Barbera crap.

I :heart: both B:TAS and the new The Batman cartoon. TAS is definitely the more high quality of the two; it really is excellent television, but I like The Batman as well. TAS is classic gritty Batman, it's almost noir. The Batman is definitely more of a "kids show" in the way it's presented, but I like their edgy and unique take on the characters, particularly the villains.

13.jpg

I love this kick ass shot from the episode Off Balance (Where Talia Al Ghul is first introduced )

Love love LOVE this show, man. Loved it ever since I was a kid and will continue to do so until the day I die. :up:

when is this going to be shown on Jetix? Cause I just can't wait to watch this again....

Favorite show growing besides Spider-Man: The Animated Series, SWAT Cats and Beast Wars

"The Man Who Killed Batman" was great and is one of favorite episodes still I remeber when The Joker put the "Kick Me" Sign on the cape and cowl. My borther and I still laugh at it everytime we talk about.

24.jpg

The Joker's eulogy

Batman: The Animated Series is the best ever! It's even better than most Batman live action movies...

Cartoons these days are almost crap... regrettable crap. :(

From the ep, "The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne"
01.jpg

18.jpg

09.jpg

this one From the ep, "Joker's Wild"
16.jpg

I miss its "film noir" feel...

Thanks for posting this, Kal El 8. Very much appreciated man.

I didn't look the revamped look for Bruce in TNBA. He had no character in his face.

This series was just epic. It captured the true essence of the Character of BATMAN, his home Gotham City, his Classic Rogue Gallery of Villains & his supporting cast Members .

120.jpg

Kevin Conroy is still my all time favorite BATMAN. He totally rocked

214.jpg

Mark Hamill as The Joker nailed it dead on target . I love his version of THE CLOWN PRINCE OF CRIME more than Jack Nicholson in the 89 movie .

Timm , Dini & company should be proud to know beyond a Shadow of any doubt that they've made an Incredible mark in the Batman mythology that has a had a outstanding effect on all Bat-fans . What a Legacy .

TheBatman isn't even in the same League .

love the show. have all four volumes. i had to record Mask of the Phantasm from a tape that I bought back when Mask of the Phantasm first came out. the quality of it is bout the same as the dvds for the show still.

What about Harley Quinn?The only character that was created for the cartoon that actually went into the DC Universe?

2579-harley-quinn_400.jpg

yeah Harley was an awesome addition that was spawned from the legacy that is known as B:TAS.

i wanna c Harley in the Nolan batverse to go with Ledger's Joker. that would be definitely awesome.

and the definitive version of Mr. Freeze came from "Heart of Ice", same with Two Face.

B:TAS will always be the best and will be what every bat cartoon is goin to be compared to. just like Mask of the Phantasm will always be the definitive Batman animated movie, if not the definitive Batman movie. (since it was the first to showcase the Gotham that we have come to know).

Oh yeah I also hated the square jawed caveman look on Batman, Bruce Timm says that less detail in the animation gave it a much leaner look but at times it looked like Hanna Barbera crap.
It looked worse in Superman TAS and Justice League than it did in the first Batman TAS though, and I admit I preferred the attempts of 80s animation to give characters better physical definition, as well as most of the Marvel animated projects. But Batman TAS still had a more dynamic feel to it's look that was sadly lacking in the later DCAU shows.

Still love Batman TAS (1992-1995), easily still the best of the DCAU shows. I like the lack of music in those "quiet moments", gives you a chance to breath.

What about Harley Quinn?The only character that was created for the cartoon that actually went into the DC Universe?

2579-harley-quinn_400.jpg

I haven't forgotte her, In fact I use to collect her comic book series done by artists Terry Dodson . I couldn't believe when Dc comics cancelled . Thankfully their making plans to bring it back .
harley_quinn_09.jpg

harley_quinn_01.jpg

harley_quinn_10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"