• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

House of the Dragon Season 2 Thread

Awesome trailer! Can't wait. This and Rings of Power trailer on the same day isn't going to discourage comparisons though.

I'm surprised Rings got renewed. It wasn't that great. Not like Fallout.

How are both sides equally bad when one side literally made a coup to steal the crown while murdering people in the process and the other side is the rightful heir fighting back. I wonder what Rhaenyra should have done according to Condal to be considered as the right side in that story? give up the throne and be sorry like every good woman should be? Is it what he is implying by saying that she is equally in the wrong as Aegon or am I mis understating his point? Show Alicent is given a bunch of convoluted shifting grievances against Rheanyra to cover up the actual underlying reason the book is based on.

Same as with the both sides are equally bad narrative Ryan is pushing. How great that this is suddenly the case when a woman is usurped the one and only time in Targ history when a female heir was named. Because every time I’m reading him talking about the dance it really feels like he’s excusing misogyny and patriarchy.

I feel like the show is losing the plot a little in that this conflict happened because Rhaenyra was a woman.

I can see the different reasons for framing the show as Rhaenyra vs Alicent over Rhaenyra vs Aegon especially as a commentary on how women navigate this political world that wasn’t built for them. But a part of me thinks it’s about downplaying the reason Rhaenyra was usurped in the first place. It’s getting a little lost.

GameofThroneshistorian on tiktok made a video using Ryan’s recent quote that summed it up really well for me.

The only thing that made me a little nervous was losing Sapochnik as co-showrunner but I'm glad to see that didn't really seem to affect the quality. After all, the cast is great and unlike GOT the roadmap for the entire series was already clear before the first season aired so there isn't much to worry about in terms of quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"