Fincher & Spacey's House of Cards

Netflix should just quietly release the remaining episodes this winter and move on. House of Cards may be the show that built Netflix as a legit production house, but it is too tarnished at this point. Fans don’t care without Spacey and the PR surrounding this show is toxic. Even to the extent that this is the last season, the brand is toxic. Any light drawn on the final season will be negative light. It’s best to just do it as quietly as possible, pull the bandaid and be done with it.

Yeah, I kinda feel like the show is already done. The way the last season ended really isn’t a bad way to wrap up the show.

Keeping Spacey would've been a good movie IMO it would only add to his role as the bad guy.

Nobody wants that bad of a guy.

Keeping Spacey would've been a good movie IMO it would only add to his role as the bad guy.
Wtf+did+i+just+read+_32d6fbc8dd4cc255c7926a1a7ac69a28.jpg

Diane Lane, Greg Kinnear Join Cast as Final Season Production Resumes

Netflix is bulking up the final season cast of House of Cards following Kevin Spacey's firing.

Oscar nominees Diane Lane and Greg Kinnear have joined the cast of the streaming giant's first original series. Following a months-long shut-down after star and exec producer Spacey was fired after sexual misconduct allegations, production on the eight-episode sixth and final season resumes Wednesday. Lane and Kinnear will play siblings on House of Cards. Additional details about their characters are being kept under wraps.

During the shut-down, Netflix and producers Media Rights Capital reworked the final season plan to revolve around Robin Wright's Claire Underwood, the wife to Spacey's Frank. Writing Spacey out of House of Cards isn't a stretch. In the Michael Dobbs book that inspired the series, Frank's character dies.

Siblings, huh?

Hopefully they'll be siblings of the Jaime and Cersei variety. That's something this show is missing.

Everyone keeps mentioning Frank dying in the book and the original bbc series so it's not much of a stretch to go past him and focus on Claire, but wasn't that the ending? My love of Robin Wright doesn't change the fact that i feel like going past Frank is also like going past it's own expiration date.

Last edited:
I wonder how they're gonna address Frank's demise? Is it just gonna be a passing mention by Claire with her say "with my husband gone, I'm in charge." or something like that?

Yeah, seeing that article headline was definitely depressing. I actually thought he was older than 59, must've been all the smoking.

interesting that noone cares about the teaser :woot::oldrazz:

LOL. I saw it and kinda liked it, but it's just going to be weird with no Frank Underwood. I'm not saying Spacey should have been brought back; I'm just skeptical that the show can work without him. I love Claire, but at the very least, it was the two of them that made the show work.

I am aware of all the behind the scenes real stuff that has happened, but doing that to a character we've been following for years is like terribly disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"