Fincher & Spacey's House of Cards

I understand why they did what they did. I just can't get into it. Claire as president was never as interesting an idea to me. I still remember how awful of an ambassador she was in season 3 (heck that whole season killed the idea that she was as bad as him for me. They tried setting it back later but i still won't forget that season so for me she's bad but nobody is Frank). This is pretty much an epilogue to the story now and the main story has been cut short.

Yeah, it just looks and feels different.

Do we know how many episodes this will be? I just can't see how it can be 13 episodes. Last season was already stretching it.

There’s definitely something off about the cinematography this season.

Weird, IMDB says David Dunlap is still the DP (for the first couple eps, anyway), and he was a DP last season and the season before. I guess the new look is a deliberate choice?

Weird, IMDB says David Dunlap is still the DP (for the first couple eps, anyway), and he was a DP last season and the season before. I guess the new look is a deliberate choice?

Last season looked a bit different too, it had a warmer color palette compared to the first four seasons.

Color palette makes it look like a network show.

If you've not started the final season yet.... don't bother...

Prior to his 'death' (written out of the show), Frank was forming an alliance with Industry/Private Corporations as a means of political support for Claire and his post-presidency (job, money, pension, presidential library).

Claire, however, refuses to work with those alliances (Private Industry, Jane Davis, Mark Usher and Seth who joined Shepherds foundation as a consultant/PR spokesman etc.) and sets about overturning those alliances and forging her own way.

Using her shady past, the Shepherds (the main private body in the film) constantly peddle references in the media to her husband as a means to undermine public support for Claire in an attempt to get her to support changes in policy (e.g. de-regulation).

Claire fully attempts to 'clean up' her past by having Jane Davis, Hammerschmidt and Cathy Durant all murdered. (Durant publicy gets to call out Claire/the Underwoods before getting to Switzerland who is then murdered).

In order to distract from all this; she then uses Tom Yates' body and his affair with the White House intern (who is named as Claire's PressSec) to start allegations of collusion with Russia which scuppers Usher's chances of invoking the 25th amendment when he attempted to remove Claire as president (she was literally in the Residence doing nothing for 23+ days as part as some master scheme to undermine Usher). Claire fires her entire cabinet as a result for treachery and replaces it with 100% women.

Claire also manufactures a crisis in the Middle East and ICO (despite Davis, ICO figures and her own military saying they're a redundant force), when being called out on this by her own generals and cabinet - she then goes into a scripted diatribe about the prevalence of misogyny and that they shouldn't question her ability as commander-in-chief because she's a woman.

Skorsky and Tom Hammerschmidt spend the entire season connecting the dots and Skorsky finally publishes an article that begins to get traction in the media.

By this stage; I was skipping episodes in 2-3 minute segments. But in the end;

• Using personal info, she undermines the Shepherd family and succeeds in bringing Mr Shepherd to trial for involuntary manslaughter which was exposed earlier in the season.

• Nathan Green (the FBI director) abandons Claire at the last minute

• Claire becomes pregnant (presumably Yates' child)

• We eventually learn that Doug has been attempting to undermine Claire for a while. However, it also transpires that he indirectly (but intentionally) killed Frank by taking his medication.

• Lots of deliberately inserted feminist lines about preconceptions of stereotypes, age of white men being over.

• At the end, Doug stabs Claire (or cuts her rather) in the jugular, Claire then stabs Doug in her arms - ** IN THE OVAL ** . Presumably Claire dies too.

I don't think Claire dies.... but the way it just ended... made the whole season a waste of a day. really poor ending to the show

1 episode into the season and its terrible,the whole thing feels rushed,don't even get me started on the annoying score.

Yeah... I’ve mostly playing it on in the background. It’s sad to see Diane Lane get a role like this... to be wasted on this season/show.

Got the ending of the show spoiled for me but i didn't mind since i wasn't planning on watching the season. "What!?" And "ugh" is all i could muster.

I think the show was actually decent at first... but the way it ended was enough to ruin it. literally sat there for five minutes trying to work out if they'd split the season up or something as the ending just isn't an ending

Sigh so....dont bother watching, right guys? What a sad end to a great show.

Prior to his 'death' (written out of the show), Frank was forming an alliance with Industry/Private Corporations as a means of political support for Claire and his post-presidency (job, money, pension, presidential library).

Claire, however, refuses to work with those alliances (Private Industry, Jane Davis, Mark Usher and Seth who joined Shepherds foundation as a consultant/PR spokesman etc.) and sets about overturning those alliances and forging her own way.

Using her shady past, the Shepherds (the main private body in the film) constantly peddle references in the media to her husband as a means to undermine public support for Claire in an attempt to get her to support changes in policy (e.g. de-regulation).

Claire fully attempts to 'clean up' her past by having Jane Davis, Hammerschmidt and Cathy Durant all murdered. (Durant publicy gets to call out Claire/the Underwoods before getting to Switzerland who is then murdered).

In order to distract from all this; she then uses Tom Yates' body and his affair with the White House intern (who is named as Claire's PressSec) to start allegations of collusion with Russia which scuppers Usher's chances of invoking the 25th amendment when he attempted to remove Claire as president (she was literally in the Residence doing nothing for 23+ days as part as some master scheme to undermine Usher). Claire fires her entire cabinet as a result for treachery and replaces it with 100% women.

Claire also manufactures a crisis in the Middle East and ICO (despite Davis, ICO figures and her own military saying they're a redundant force), when being called out on this by her own generals and cabinet - she then goes into a scripted diatribe about the prevalence of misogyny and that they shouldn't question her ability as commander-in-chief because she's a woman.

Skorsky and Tom Hammerschmidt spend the entire season connecting the dots and Skorsky finally publishes an article that begins to get traction in the media.

By this stage; I was skipping episodes in 2-3 minute segments. But in the end;

• Using personal info, she undermines the Shepherd family and succeeds in bringing Mr Shepherd to trial for involuntary manslaughter which was exposed earlier in the season.

• Nathan Green (the FBI director) abandons Claire at the last minute

• Claire becomes pregnant (presumably Yates' child)

• We eventually learn that Doug has been attempting to undermine Claire for a while. However, it also transpires that he indirectly (but intentionally) killed Frank by taking his medication.

• Lots of deliberately inserted feminist lines about preconceptions of stereotypes, age of white men being over.

• At the end, Doug stabs Claire (or cuts her rather) in the jugular, Claire then stabs Doug in her arms - ** IN THE OVAL ** . Presumably Claire dies too.

Thanks for the recap. An unfortunate end to a once good show. Obviously hurts not having Frank there but that’s out of their control.

TBH, Netflix should have just pushed it back another year and let them have the time to create a proper final season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"