Fincher & Spacey's House of Cards

Not saying that they're to blame or anything, but what were the other actors doing while this was going on? The article made it clear that his inappropriate behavior wasn't a secret.

Wow. I feel bad for Robin Wright, the other actors and the production staff but... if they all witnessed this behavior and did nothing, then their show deserves to be canceled.

All that **** with Hopper in a bug's Life just got a lot creepier.

Now they are talking about writing him out of the last season.

Not really. They COULD just focus on Claire. I just don't think that's the move

With all due respect to Robin Wright and her amazing work, Claire just isn't as interesting or fun as Frank. I don't think it works with just her.

Well i won't be watching whatever they do next. Not out of defense for Spacey because I'm totally against him and for the firing. I just don't have any interest in a Frank-less HOC.

With all due respect to Robin Wright and her amazing work, Claire just isn't as interesting or fun as Frank. I don't think it works with just her.

It doesnt.

People are kidding themselves imo.

i don't see how you do house of cards without spacey.i defently don't feel sorry for him but how you write him out between seasons.

Wow. I feel bad for Robin Wright, the other actors and the production staff but... if they all witnessed this behavior and did nothing, then their show deserves to be canceled.

I worked on season 5, and definitely heard nothing about Kevin. Granted, I never worked when Kevin was on set, but there was still no indication he did anything.

The show's been moving in Claire's direction anyway.

But I've had my fill of the show after 5 seasons. The show got eclipsed by real life in many ways already.

Oh, come on. This is exactly what I feared would happen after Weinstein. It's devolved into a witch hunt. In the era of social media people can say whatever they want with no evidence without fear of reprisal or responsibility. If his predatory behavior was such a problem on the show, why did it take 6 years for it to come out? Why has no one come out about his behavior before in years before that?

All that said, I don't really care about the show anymore. I didn't even finish season 5 because of how horrible it was. So if the show were to be prematurely cancelled it wouldn't bother me.

Well, that's that.

for the last 2 seasons i expected that Frank dies and Claire becomes the president and it ends with her at the desk and looking into the camera.
6mpQByU.gif

Well i won't be watching whatever they do next. Not out of defense for Spacey because I'm totally against him and for the firing. I just don't have any interest in a Frank-less HOC.

Same here. He was the show. They should just cancel it all now

Oh, come on. This is exactly what I feared would happen after Weinstein. It's devolved into a witch hunt. In the era of social media people can say whatever they want with no evidence without fear of reprisal or responsibility. If his predatory behavior was such a problem on the show, why did it take 6 years for it to come out? Why has no one come out about his behavior before in years before that?

All that said, I don't really care about the show anymore. I didn't even finish season 5 because of how horrible it was. So if the show were to be prematurely cancelled it wouldn't bother me.

I concur. why did it take Weinstein's recent behavior to get the ball rolling? why were these guys protected for so many years? It's mind boggling

Anyway...

Netflix shouldnt fear cancelling it. They'll be fine without it. HoC isn't even their top rated show. Orange is the New Black, Stranger Things, Luke Cage, Daredevil, and Fuller House all have higher ratings allegedly. And as many will say the show dipped a lot in quality even after the first season.`

I've never seen the show, but it seems up my alley-- and just a few weeks ago (before all this hit) I got into a "catch up on all the big shows I've missed" mood and talked about finally starting this.

Not sure if I should bother now?

THe only season worth watching is season 1 imo.
I think if you watch seasons 1&2 it tells a pretty full story anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"