• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Fincher & Spacey's House of Cards

Good points about Jane and Claire. I guess I'm willing to overlook the stuff with Jane just because Clarkson is such a great actress.

But the Claire stuff is funny; it's true, why does the public love and trust her so much, especially when she's married to Frank, who everyone seems to know is corrupt at this point.

However, most of Frank's speech in the Senate Hearing scene was his internal monologue; he didn't actually say all that stuff to the Senate.

True, I figured everything he said once he started looking to the side camera (and definitely once he stood up) was fake. But never-the-less, what he said leading up to that was pretty damning and he did resign amidst scandal and allegation surrounding it (and in doing so more or less admitted guilt).

But yeah, it is definitely well acted and I will stick it through to the end because of that. Even at his hammiest, Spacey is fantastic (and I think that is why I like Mark and Jane so much...they are so perfectly subdued in contrast to everyone else).

Yeah exactly. Spacey chews the scenery but he's so great at it that you love it.

Oh yeah,

[BLACKOUT]THANK GOD THEY FINALLY KILLED TOM YATES. I f***ing hated that guy. The "love story" between him and Claire made me want to f***ing puke. Good riddance. [/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]In the beginning of the season they seemed to imply that there was more to the story about how Conway became a war hero, then all of a sudden that story line was dropped.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]In the beginning of the season they seemed to imply that there was more to the story about how Conway became a war hero, then all of a sudden that story line was dropped.[/BLACKOUT]

Yeah. I don't mind leaving something intentionally vague. But that wasn't the case here. The secret was a crucial plot device. Its like the writers needed something to show the guy was unhinged, but didn't want to bother coming up with what it was. It is so bizarre because it was effectively the Macguffin of the election storyline. But we are never told precisely what the Macguffin is.

Really? seems a bit of a overreaction.

You know how there are those characters that ruin your favorite shows? He was one of them, sucking up screentime that could have been better spent on literally any other character because they were all more interesting than him.

I miss Freddie and his BBQ ribs.

I'm not sure on the general consensus here -because I only started watching House of Cards a few weeks before season 5 came out- but I feel like it's been in a steady decline of quality since season 2. Season 1 was fantastic, and though 2-4 weren't bad, they each seemed to be slightly less interesting than the one that came before.

Season 5 was a big let down though, with few redeeming qualities. There was a lot of sloppy writing and it's a far, far departure from the stylish and more grounded tone of the first season.

As much fun as it is to watch Spacey do his thing, I'm not sure it's enough to keep me coming back. I'll check out season 6, but it's going to need to start out very strong. If the show continues getting weaker like it has been for most of it's run, I'm going to lose interest entirely pretty quick.

You know how there are those characters that ruin your favorite shows? He was one of them, sucking up screentime that could have been better spent on literally any other character because they were all more interesting than him.

I agree, Yates was boring from the moment he stopped working with Frank. His story was kind of interesting at first, but then it seemed like they were just keeping him around because they liked having the actor on set or something.

Also,

Claire's plan to kill Yates in Usher's house and then bank on Usher cleaning up after her and not saying anything was so stupid. For a character who's supposed to be very careful and calculating, this was a ridiculous way for her to orchestrate a murder. Which is to say nothing of the fact that Usher now holds the murder over her as blackmail, which we saw him do almost immediately. I mean, I'm glad she killed him, but come on, we've learned Claire Underwood is much smarter than this nonsense.

Im super late but just finished season 5, I dunno guys I enjoyed the season. Yes, the show never reached the heights of season 1 and 2 but I feel the show still delivers a consistent caliber of quality.

Admittedly, there is a lot of suspension disbelief the show requires you to have. Way too many convenient things working in Frank's favor allowing him to do whatever he wants. But i do love the overall narrative of the show and how its always built to this inevitable battle between Frank and his wife. I thought the last scene of this season was the best since "knock knock!"

so this was expected after today's news

23031694_10155903195421617_592771151314610668_n.jpg

Honestly once he became President it wasn’t as interesting anyways.

I still enjoy this show a lot now even in these later seasons. With all of today's news and craziness etc guess this was coming.

They didn't miss a beat, did they?

House of Cards’ Spinoffs in the Works at Netflix (EXCLUSIVE)

Netflix is moving ahead with plans for a “House of Cards” spinoff.

Variety has learned that the streaming service and producer Media Rights Capital are in very early stages of development on multiple ideas for a potential spinoff. One concept revolves around Doug Stamper, the political aide-de-camp played by actor Michael Kelly in the first five seasons of the political drama, with Eric Roth set to write. Roth served as an executive producer on the first four seasons of “House of Cards” and is currently exec producing TNT’s “The Alienist.”

At least two other spinoff ideas are also being explored, though writers have not yet been attached to all of them. All the potential series take place in the same universe as “House of Cards,” a political thriller about Frank Underwood, a devious congressman played by Kevin Spacey who ascends to the role of President of the United States through political and criminal machinations.

Hope one of the other spinoffs is a Petrov centric one. "House of Putin"

When they announced 6 would be the last I knew Spacey/Frank would die. With the production in hiatus I am 100% sure

I yet to finish the 5th season the decline with started last season and the Claire and Tom relationship is horrendous

but this Spacey problem is not going away I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel the 6th season and just wrap up Frank's story with a movie

If they cancel it they won't follow it up with a movie

Its over.

'House of Cards' employees allege sexual harassment, assault by Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey made the set of Netflix's "House of Cards" into a "toxic" work environment through a pattern of sexual harassment, eight people who currently work on the show or worked on it in the past tell CNN. One former employee told CNN that Spacey sexually assaulted him.

The former production assistant, whose account has never previously been disclosed, told CNN that Spacey sexually assaulted him during one of the show's early seasons. All eight people, each of whom spoke to CNN on the condition of anonymity for fear of professional repercussions for speaking out, described Spacey's behavior as "predatory," saying it included nonconsensual touching and crude comments and targeted production staffers who were typically young and male.

Robin Wright is gonna be super pissed. Same with Michael Kelly

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"