Season 6 Episode 2 Discussion "Home"

Transformed is a very loose term. Especially considering the potential of Jon Snow.

Agreed.

And I'm not saying that warging has nothing to do with this,
or will have nothing to do with this. In fact, we were given a couple of tantalizing clues at the Oxford Union straight from the horse's (or wolf's) mouth! ;)

At one point Kit Harrington said "I'd like to be a warg. I'd like to put myself into a wolf." The unintentional innuendo brings out embarrassment and laughs, but a few seconds later Dan Weiss said, "Two words for you: Season 6." - and he looks oddly serious and pointed when he says it. That's at about the 22:00 mark here if you wish to see it:
Game of Thrones at the Oxford Union - Full Address

I will mourn Roose Bolton.
It's alive ! Rise Jon Snow.
I have no empathy for Ceirsi's pain.
Expectation : I hope the Hight Septon will die a painful death. I hate the guy, he is full of it.

I will mourn Roose Bolton.
It's alive ! Rise Jon Snow.
I have no empathy for Ceirsi's pain.
Expectation : I hope the Hight Septon will die a painful death. I hate the guy, he is full of it.

I can understand having no sympathy for Cersei, but mourning Roose? The guy is a rapist and a mass murderer. One thing the show made VERY clear is that HE is the reason his son is the way he is. Hence the reason why his death at Ramsay's hands was so poetic.

Unless of course you just mean that you're sad to see a good villain go. But Ramsay easily trumps him in that category, IMO.

My feelings on Cersei are complicated. I wanted her to get her comeuppance. She's done some really heinous **** - see what she ordered Slynt to do in the season two premier. Killing all King Bobby's bastards. I think she's an absolutely terrible mother...but she really does love her children at the same time.

The High Sparrow - see, he started out doing good in season five, taking care of the people that had been trampled underfoot while the nobles played their game of thrones. Then we got to where we are now with the High Sparrow.

Ramsay is the perfect villain, imo. He's absolutely ruthless, a complete monster, yet he could easily charm his way through a court of nobles. He's also dangerous outside the court. You take Joffrey and throw him in the woods in the middle of winter and he shrivels up. Not Ramsay though.

My feelings on Cersei are complicated. I wanted her to get her comeuppance. She's done some really heinous **** - see what she ordered Slynt to do in the season two premier. Killing all King Bobby's bastards. I think she's an absolutely terrible mother...but she really does love her children at the same time.

As you say she loves her children, everything she's done has been for them, so I think the loss of her children is her comeuppance - and if the prophecy is true she'll lose everything. And I felt sorry for her during the Walk of Shame - I even laughed in this episode when Ser Robert Strong bashed that drunk guy's head off a wall. (disclaimer - I do NOT think that irl some drunk guy mouthing off would deserve the same fate. The serving woman rolling her eyes at him would be enough. But in the world of GoT - *shrugs*)

I can understand having no sympathy for Cersei, but mourning Roose? The guy is a rapist and a mass murderer. One thing the show made VERY clear is that HE is the reason his son is the way he is. Hence the reason why his death at Ramsay's hands was so poetic.

Unless of course you just mean that you're sad to see a good villain go. But Ramsay easily trumps him in that category, IMO.

Roose is second to none in throwing shade. The looks on Ramsay's face each time he did it was glorious. Tywin was damn good at throwing shade, too.

Roose is second to none in throwing shade. The looks on Ramsay's face each time he did it was glorious. Tywin was damn good at throwing shade, too.

At least we still have Olenna Tyrell! :woot:

sQxtFjp.gif

And her granddaughter...

87zYYtJ.gif

I hope Margaery gets out of prison soon!

Last edited:
I love this character -the benign manipulator! With icy blue eyes to die for! :ilv:

I love Margaery too - that's why I want Olenna to come back and get her and Loras out of prison. Olenna v The High Sparrow, now that's a (verbal) battle I want to see!

I think the Sparrows are not long for the Westeros. I see a FrankenMountain and Jamie making mincemeat of of them before too long. What the High Sparrow said to Jamie pretty much insures they are going to be taken out.

I love Margaery too - that's why I want Olenna to come back and get her and Loras out of prison. Olenna v The High Sparrow, now that's a (verbal) battle I want to see!

We already did kinda see the HS and Olenna verbally square off. Olenna was clearly unnerved by the experience. She'd never met a fanatic like that before, I don't think.

Margaery is the best. Been obsessed with Natalie Dormer since The Tudors and I remember how ecstatic I was when I heard she was cast on this show. They found the perfect character for her too.

I'm not a big Margaery or Dormer fan. Good actress no doubt about it, but some of the other GoT women do more for me. Missandei, Mel (young Mel :o) and Cersei are just stunning women.

It also disturbs me looking at Sophie Turner now as well.

There is certainly not shortage of beautiful women in Westeros, that's for sure.

We already did kinda see the HS and Olenna verbally square off. Olenna was clearly unnerved by the experience. She'd never met a fanatic like that before, I don't think.

Good grief...my memory really is that bad? :facepalm:

Well...rematch?!

Margaery is the best. Been obsessed with Natalie Dormer since The Tudors and I remember how ecstatic I was when I heard she was cast on this show. They found the perfect character for her too.

IMO hers is the best onscreen portrayal of Anne Boleyn I've ever seen, so I was pleased too!

Yes. He was a great villain, Ramsay is good too but is far more despicable than his father.
Question : Roose was a rapist ? I don't remember that.

Roose's story about Ramsay's birth.

Yes. Roose had the common lady's husband hanged and raped her beneath the swaying corpse.

I'm not a big Margaery or Dormer fan. Good actress no doubt about it, but some of the other GoT women do more for me. Missandei, Mel (young Mel :o) and Cersei are just stunning women.

It also disturbs me looking at Sophie Turner now as well.

Here's your post that you thought was deleted!

Agree, Missandei is lovely too.

Sophie "disturbs" you? :funny: She's twenty now, having blossomed into a beautiful woman who looks better and better every year as her baby fat falls away and the look matures.

sophie-turner-april-22-02-640x854.jpg

I know still weird though!! Even weirder is looking at Maisie, who has turned into a lovely young woman.

Apologies for my paranoia mods, couldn't remember where I made that post.

IMO hers is the best onscreen portrayal of Anne Boleyn I've ever seen, so I was pleased too!

Yes. The chemistry between Dormer and JRM was f***ing electric and it made the show. After Anne died, the series was never the same. Other than Henry Cavill's arc, I didn't find much interesting in seasons 3 and 4. IMO, the series would have been better if the entire thing had just been about the Henry and Anne Boleyn era, ending with her death. They could have expanded further upon their relationship instead of speeding through history to get through all of Henry's wives.

I know still weird though!! Even weirder is looking at Maisie, who has turned into a lovely young woman.

Apologies for my paranoia mods, couldn't remember where I made that post.

Agree about Maisie. She's nineteen and still has a doll face which makes her look much younger. I remember struggling to get used to Kirsten Dunst as an adult actress after her portrayal of "Claudia" the child vampire in Interview with a Vampire made such a lasting impression. It'll take a while with Maisie too.

Better than Natalie Portman's? Now that's saying something!

Yes! Nothing to do with Natalie, she's great, but the film annoyed me a bit, especially the end. That just didn't happen! The Tudors took a lot of historical liberties but none as bad as that one. Sorry, history is my thing and I tend to get a bit worked up about it :oldrazz:

Yes. The chemistry between Dormer and JRM was f***ing electric and it made the show. After Anne died, the series was never the same. Other than Henry Cavill's arc, I didn't find much interesting in seasons 3 and 4. IMO, the series would have been better if the entire thing had just been about the Henry and Anne Boleyn era, ending with her death. They could have expanded further upon their relationship instead of speeding through history to get through all of Henry's wives.

You're absolutely spot on - after Anne died it just sort of fell flat and I only kept watching for Henry. JRM and Natalie were amazing together, and if as you suggest the show had just concentrated on that era it could have been amazing. They had what, 9 years together, and so much drama in all of them!

No love for Dany in here? Emilia is beautiful irl but as Dany she's just ethereal.

NrVhb2K.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"