DCEU's future going forward should be???

They aren't gonna reboot the universe at this point. Reeve's Batman, and other outside the DCEU films will in effect serve that "reboot " purpose , so there's no need for them to throw everything out.

If Gal goes, which I highly doubt she'll do right now, my guess is they'll either just recast, or they'll have another WW film outside the main continuity ala Reeve's Batman, and let another director do their own thing there.

Superman has the highest chance of being rebooted imo, but once again, it would likely be a Reeves style separate continuity series of films.

WB doesn't even acknowledge the 'DCEU' as an actual thing so why are we still pretending it exists?

Gal's on her way out btw. She's already talking about "closure". How do you not reboot when 4 of your "main" characters are in limbo?

The films would have to actually connect to each other and build to something for someone leaving to have an impact. All sequels seem to be ignoring the larger universe at hand and just doing their own thing.

Henry's future as Superman is still up in the air (and has been for what, two years now?), Ben is back but so far it's only confirmed for one movie (and could potentially be the "cool exit" he talked about wanting years ago), and Ray is definitely out as Cyborg. If Gal really does leave then I suspect there will be some sort of reboot in the form of the "Earth-2" comparison Hamada made about the Reeves Earth. I could totally see them eventually setting up a new Justice League on there or something.

I’d say it’s 99% Ben won’t be back beyond Flashpoint, just revealed today he’s signed on to direct a film for Disney. He’s done.

Is Gal out-out though, or is she simply done with her solo outings?

Do we know that she wouldn't sign up for a guest appearance or supporting character?
Crossovers/team ups are out of the question. WB publicly came out and said they were done with shared universes and only doing standalone movies

Almost forgot to mention Margot Robbie. Her Harley seems to be in limbo after BOP didn't do so hot. We could be looking at a mass exodus of actors in the next 3-5 years.

Crossovers/team ups are out of the question. WB publicly came out and said they were done with shared universes and only doing standalone movies.
Do we have a recent source for this? WB change their decisions more times than a child at an ice cream parlour.

Unless I'm mistaken, Cyborg is expected to appear in the Flash film, and Batmen are expected too - if they were to follow the Flashpoint method.

Fast-forward somewhat, they're bound to follow up with one or two Shazam sequels, and one of those is blatantly going to have Black Adam in it, which is a crossover in itself.

Almost forgot to mention Margot Robbie. Her Harley seems to be in limbo after BOP didn't do so hot. We could be looking at a mass exodus of actors in the next 3-5 years.
In my opinion, she's overrated anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"