DCEU's future

I wish they could get Peter Jackson to do a JL trilogy. He's been my favorite director for Justice League for as long as I can remember
I kinda wish they had gotten him for New Gods, now that I think about it. I mean that property is basically DC's equivalent to The Lord of the Rings. Not to say I want Jackson pigeon-holed into LotR-like franchises for the rest of his life, but we know he can handle epic, high-concept fantasy with multiple storylines and POV characters. Plus his penchant for over-the-top action pieces perhaps play more to something like a comic book property than they necessarily do to a Tolkien novel.

What people have against DCEU ? Maybe part of the reason is because Snyder started it.

Earlier, I used to think that many fans are just anti-DC (well, some are..) but now I think that they can't stand DCEU because Snyder was the Architect of phase-1.

That and some fans are totally against the actors Snyder has cast in DCEU (namely Eisenberg as Lex, Leto as Joker, Ezra as Flash, Gadot as WW, Affleck as Bats) smh. And, DCEU's poor performance with critics isn't helping DCEU at all.

Some people are still not onboard the DCEU, even though Snyder is no longer involved in DC movies. I'm beginning to realize having much 'acceptable' casting choices would have made things easier.

As much as I love Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot in their respective roles, DC would have been much better off had they cast fan-choices like Anson Mount/Josh Brolin for Batman, and Elodie Yung/Olivia Munn for Wonder Woman and Bryan Cranston/ Timothy Olyphant for Lex Luthor.

ff36c204bb33b4fc4da11e38a1db6fc5.jpg

150708115401-elodie-yung-super-tease.jpg

I’m not crazy about some of those ideas. Anson Mount was good in Hell on Wheels, but damn when they gave him a chance to play a superhero in Inhumans, he really did a horrible job.

Brolin would have been fine, but in general they should’ve gone with a younger actor for Batman. Gyllenhaal would’ve been better from the beginning.

I agree that Cranston would’ve been the perfect choice for Lex. Eisenberg was a mistake any way you cut it.

Ezra Miller was another BIG mistake. It was always a weird idea to have two live action Flashes introduced at the same time when they’re honestly not that different. It would’ve been one thing if they were completely different portrayals, but these guys are roughly the same age and play the role pretty similarly. Ezra Miller might be the overall better actor (according to some), but that doesn’t change the fact that Gustin is simply a better fit for the character. The Flash tv show could have easily been incorporated into the DCEU. I just would’ve shortened the seasons and beefed up the budget a bit. It would’ve been easy to make that show not contradict the DCEU.

And I recall Elodie Yung being a finalist for the role of Wonder Woman in BVS alongside Gadot of course and Olga Kurylenko. I’m so glad Yung wasn’t cast because we got to see much of what she would’ve brought to the role in her performance as Elektra in Daredevil. I thought her performance was pretty wooden in that series to be quite honest. Olga Kurylenko would’ve been the better option. In Centurion, we had already seen her in a role along the lines of Wonder Woman and she absolutely crushed it. Gadot was likely the best choice of the three though.

People keep saying that Cavill has the chops and charisma to pull off the Superman that all the fans have been wanting. And while I’m totally willing and would be happy to be proven wrong, I’m just not so sure about that.

Here’s how I would recast the DCEU

Superman - Armie Hammer
Batman - Jake Gyllenhaal
Wonder Woman - Olga Kurylenko
The Flash - John Krasinski
Green Lantern - Dwayne Johnson

That would’ve been the lineup for the first Justice League movie. No Cyborg, leave him to the Titans. WB are so dumb, they have The Rock wanting to play a superhero in their universe. He should’ve been a primary member of the Justice League, the movie would’ve made a billion dollars. I realize he wanted to play Black Adam, but money talks. And I still don’t think Momoa has proven himself worthy of Aquaman, I thought he was very bland in Justice League. But I’ll wait til the solo movie comes out to judge.

I kinda wish they had gotten him for New Gods, now that I think about it. I mean that property is basically DC's equivalent to The Lord of the Rings. Not to say I want Jackson pigeon-holed into LotR-like franchises for the rest of his life, but we know he can handle epic, high-concept fantasy with multiple storylines and POV characters. Plus his penchant for over-the-top action pieces perhaps play more to something like a comic book property than they necessarily do to a Tolkien novel.

Yup. I think potential directors for Justice League and New Gods are pretty interchangeable, I expect similar things out of both franchises.

It’s funny that Peter Jackson and George Miller are my favorite directors for both franchises. DuVernay on New Gods pretty much excites me because of the fact that New Gods might get made. Her work on AWIT doesn’t alleviate any trepidation’s I have.

That and some fans are totally against the actors Snyder has cast in DCEU (namely Eisenberg as Lex, Leto as Joker, Ezra as Flash, Gadot as WW, Affleck as Bats) smh. And, DCEU's poor performance with critics isn't helping DCEU at all.

??? Gal Gadot and Ben Affleck are two of the most popular casting choices in the DCEU so far.

But..Why? Ben was easily the most praised in BvS, along with Gal Gadot.

Exactly.

just do flashpoint and reset it.
Those actors who want to stay on can do, those that don't can be justified as post flashpoint.
It can address the tone too.

Also, it will be a great film. Amazons vs Atlaneans, Wonder Woman vs Aquaman. Thomas Wayne as Batman, can have someone like Liam Neeson or Bruce Willis.

Can't see Flashpoint happening after JL's reception. At least not for some while. And Jeffrey Dean Morgan is already Thomas Wayne.

I just want to know whats happening with Affleck. There's no smoke without fire and it's been dragging on long enough.

Cavill and Gadot could have another 10 years in them easy and I think WB will be happy to have them... that just leaves 1/3 of the trinity up in the air.

I just want to know whats happening with Affleck. There's no smoke without fire and it's been dragging on long enough.

Cavill and Gadot could have another 10 years in them easy and I think WB will be happy to have them... that just leaves 1/3 of the trinity up in the air.

Yeah, ditto. I like Affleck as Batman but I'm getting fed up of this 'is he - isn't he' situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"