DCEU's future

Suicide Squad stands out as a bit of an unusual case, in that the movie had a pretty poor reception overall, but people really like Harley.

There's no reason why a Gotham City Sirens movie couldn't be massively successful. I would certainly be there for it. Of course, yes, the movie would need to be good to maximize that potential.

Regarding Margot Robbie (and her portrayal of Harley Quinn; why do you think that went down well with viewers? Because she's that good an actress, because the character was requested, or because of eye candy?

An answer almost feels unnecessary. Probably all of those things to a degree.

Harley gets to be bad, and have fun doing it. She has sex appeal. The actress is a star and fits the role.

I think that letting her evolve away from the Joker relationship would be the right call, which is partly why Gotham City Sirens feels like a much better idea to me than something like the Joker and Harley Quinn.

It’ll remove any kudos WB have about being the main company making female centric superhero movies. That trump card they have will no longer be one when Captain Marvel comes out and goes over one billion.

WB can’t rely on the goodwill of being ‘woke’. They need to make some decent movies, whatever the cultural relevance.

So they need to make another decent WW movie, got it. Both films can easily be successful the same year. One will no doubt be more successful than the other, but the fact that they both exist and come out the same year should be seen as a cause for celebration and moving forward, but you're still stuck in this VS thing, man. lol

Last edited:
So they need to make another decent WW movie, got it. Both films can easily be successful the same year. One will no doubt be more successful than the other, but the fact that they both exist and come out the same year should be seen as a cause for celebration and moving forward, but you're still stuck in this VS thing, man. lol

Not stuck in a vs thing at all. Merely pointing out that WB won’t have female-centric superhero movies as their trump card or usp for much longer.

Not stuck in a vs thing at all. Merely pointing out that WB won’t have female-centric superhero movies as their trump card or usp for much longer.

And that's cool, just hoping we get better movies from now on. Eh.

It’ll remove any kudos WB have about being the main company making female centric superhero movies. That trump card they have will no longer be one when Captain Marvel comes out and goes over one billion.

WB can’t rely on the goodwill of being ‘woke’. They need to make some decent movies, whatever the cultural relevance.

I wasn't talking about 'being the main company making female centric superhero movies', I was talking about their own best chance of success as the DCEU stands.

Regarding Margot Robbie (and her portrayal of Harley Quinn; why do you think that went down well with viewers? Because she's that good an actress, because the character was requested, or because of eye candy?

all of the above

No, they don't. DC need to build on their own thing.

That guarantee's failure. Believe me i've tried convincing people (on this forum no less)that the MCU isn't the best path or even the only path but the fact of the matter is they're addicted to that MCU Cocaine.

Last edited:
I wish they could get Peter Jackson to do a JL trilogy. He's been my favorite director for Justice League for as long as I can remember

I wish they could get Peter Jackson to do a JL trilogy. He's been my favorite director for Justice League for as long as I can remember
If he could knock out a trilogy of three hours films as good as LoTR & the Hobbit films, I'd certainly be on board!

I honestly would’ve been fine if the entire DCEU was just a Justice League trilogy comprised of 3.5 hr films of LOTR quality. Then after that, they could just go back to standalone movies

I honestly would’ve been fine if the entire DCEU was just a Justice League trilogy comprised of 3.5 hr films of LOTR quality. Then after that, they could just go back to standalone movies
I'd second this notion. They'd then be able to better focus on their individual stories without having to concern themselves with cast contracts, film receptions and the like - especially if said trilogy was filmed back to back (to back?)

Edit: I wouldn't half mind an Injustice-style storyline as a stand-alone film, if they could adapt the story from the games.

I would like to see a more straightforward story that draws influence from LOTR. Darkseid could be our Sauron, and of course the League would be our Fellowship

I wouldn't mind something as straight forward as that, provided it wasn't quite so straightforward. I know that's a slight contradiction. I'll elaborate; have Darkseid as the main villain, sure, but have other characters such as Lex Luther, Deathstroke, and a few other villains (mostly Earthly) portraying similar roles (if not more involved) to Gollum and/or Denethor (among others) so it wouldn't be a straight up "we've gotta' defeat Darksied" but also have/show the team dealing with other threats too.

Yeah, that seems like it could be a good fit, since WB is having so much difficulty adjusting their model. They clearly are more comfortable with trilogies than with serials... so let's do that. A well written, well produced Justice League trilogy. Sign me up.

Really like your new avatar by the way!

I would be more than happy with that :up:

I wouldn't mind something as straight forward as that, provided it wasn't quite so straightforward. I know that's a slight contradiction. I'll elaborate; have Darkseid as the main villain, sure, but have other characters such as Lex Luther, Deathstroke, and a few other villains (mostly Earthly) portraying similar roles (if not more involved) to Gollum and/or Denethor (among others) so it wouldn't be a straight up "we've gotta' defeat Darksied" but also have/show the team dealing with other threats too.

Completely with you. A loose adaptation of Rock of Ages would provide the perfect storyline for a LOTR inspired Justice League trilogy

Yeah, that seems like it could be a good fit, since WB is having so much difficulty adjusting their model. They clearly are more comfortable with trilogies than with serials... so let's do that. A well written, well produced Justice League trilogy. Sign me up.

Really like your new avatar by the way!

Yup, just let Peter Jackson and his team do their thing on a Justice League trilogy. Or hell, get George Miller back and just let him do his thing. If he and WB can get on good terms again

And thanks man!

What people have against DCEU ? Maybe part of the reason is because Snyder started it.

Earlier, I used to think that many fans are just anti-DC (well, some are..) but now I think that they can't stand DCEU because Snyder was the Architect of phase-1.

That and some fans are totally against the actors Snyder has cast in DCEU (namely Eisenberg as Lex, Leto as Joker, Ezra as Flash, Gadot as WW, Affleck as Bats) smh. And, DCEU's poor performance with critics isn't helping DCEU at all.

Some people are still not onboard the DCEU, even though Snyder is no longer involved in DC movies. I'm beginning to realize having much 'acceptable' casting choices would have made things easier.

As much as I love Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot in their respective roles, DC would have been much better off had they cast fan-choices like Anson Mount/Josh Brolin for Batman, and Elodie Yung/Olivia Munn for Wonder Woman and Bryan Cranston/ Timothy Olyphant for Lex Luthor.

ff36c204bb33b4fc4da11e38a1db6fc5.jpg

150708115401-elodie-yung-super-tease.jpg

Last edited:
As much as I love Ben Affleck and Gal Gaodot in their respective roles, DC would have been much better off had they cast fan-choices like Anson Mount/Josh Brolin for Batman, and Elodie Yung/Olivia Munn for Wonder Woman and Bryan Cranston/ Timothy Olyphant for Lex luthor.

But..Why? Ben was easily the most praised in BvS, along with Gal Gadot.
Her solo movie was a success. The cast is the one thing most people agree on, except for Lex.

I'm glad big franchises do not listen to the fan base for the casting.
90% of the time, their choice is shallow, too obvious, based only on how much they look like their comic book counterpart and completely missing what a less obvious choice could bring to the character.
For instance, Ledger and The Joker.

Last edited:
just do flashpoint and reset it.
Those actors who want to stay on can do, those that don't can be justified as post flashpoint.
It can address the tone too.

Also, it will be a great film. Amazons vs Atlaneans, Wonder Woman vs Aquaman. Thomas Wayne as Batman, can have someone like Liam Neeson or Bruce Willis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"