Dream Directors for the DCEU

True that. I just don't want Cuaron directing Green Lantern or Teen Titans. He's too good for that.
Boo. Green Lantern is literally its own Star Wars. Doesn't even need the DCEU to sustain a cinematic universe for years on end.

Don't know if Alfonso is the right guy for it, but if he decided to take it on, it would pique my interests because he's a very proficient filmmaker who always pushes his direction to new heights.

Yes, it is. All the issues of Wolf's & Pérez's run on that book are worth their weight in gold.

I can imagine Cuaron giving us a film that captures the essence of the "soul-searching" themes of NTT and possibly combine it with a very vibrant color pallete of the New 52 Teen Titans artwork while still maintaining a sense of urgency with the high stakes situations like Trigon.

As for the statement itself, I agree 100% and there's a reason it was the warring title with Claremont and Byrne's Uncanny X-Men run

Last edited:
I'd like to see Matt Reeves direct Green lantern Corps. He should be done with Apes next year, and he seems like he'd flourish with a sci-fi world at his fingertips. I also think he'd do a good job with Cyborg and the digital world that could be explored there.

And George Miller would be my pick for Shazam. He can bring the charm and whimsy (Babe, Happy Feet), and also the lavish production design and hard-hitting action (Fury Road). Plus, it's the one DC hero of the bunch that Miller has no prior baggage with, which somehow makes it seem more likely to happen in my mind.

Last edited:
Boo. Green Lantern is literally its own Star Wars. Doesn't even need the DCEU to sustain a cinematic universe for years on end.

Don't know if Alfonso is the right guy for it, but if he decided to take it on, it would pique my interests because he's a very proficient filmmaker who always pushes his direction to new heights.
Thank you. Anyone that has read Johns' run or has a basic understanding of the mythology should understand how much potential Green Lantern has. I really enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy but there's less of an epic feel than what GL has. Gl is a space opera it can be the next big franchise if they just do it well.

I'm not a big Tarantino fanboy, sometimes his witty dialogue can get kinda old, but I gotta admit he's talented, creative, and original as a director and writer for a certain type of movie, and I think his aesthetic would have fit perfectly with Suicide Squad. A SS in the vein of Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs, Django, Inglorious Bastards would have fit like a glove, with the dark humor, violence, stylized filming techniques, multiple characters. I think he could really write well for characters like Joker and Harley, and he has a way of bringing out good performances from actors. The dialogue would certainly be better than Ayer's. And I think SS should have been rated R

Thank you. Anyone that has read Johns' run or has a basic understanding of the mythology should understand how much potential Green Lantern has. I really enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy but there's less of an epic feel than what GL has. Gl is a space opera it can be the next big franchise if they just do it well.

Which is hilarious, considering that as a movie GOTG was a better GL movie than the actual GL movie.

Obviously second rate directors like George Miller, Cuaron or Fincher are not suited for the DCEU, which employs only the best of the best like Ayer or Snyder. So we will very likely see the all-time greats doing movies soon. Josh Trank, Uwe Boll, they are potential DC directors just waiting to happen...

To be fair, Ayer is a talented director. I've seen his other films, so I have first-hand experience with this.

I agree that Ayer is talented but I just don't think his style suits CBMs of this variety. I think he'd be better at adapting a Mark Millar comic or something else really gritty. DC films, even ones about villains like Suicide Squad, should be more colorful and fun.

I agree that Ayer is talented but I just don't think his style suits CBMs of this variety. I think he'd be better at adapting a Mark Millar comic or something else really gritty. DC films, even ones about villains like Suicide Squad, should be more colorful and fun.

That depends on the definition of "fun" though because if going by the definition some use meaning being Jokey and one-liner heavy then no they shouldn't be unless it's what the property calls for.

I mean when I watch Batman TAS, Superman TAS or the Justice League cartoons, I didn't need for them to be "fun" in that way. They should be fun in the sense that you're having a blast watching it but not in the one-liner heavy sense imo.

In Ayers's case, people can say what they want about the tattoo heavy looks for Joker and Harley or the look of Enchantress but I liked the color palette and different style he shot for with Suicide Squad.

Ayer is really only good for a very specific type of film like End of Watch, dealing with the relationships of men to one another and to those film's heightened worlds.

But like i said, it's got to be just right for him.

any talk about good directors is useless for this DC cinematic universe, reboot this ***** and then we'll talk. The damage is done already and it's un-fixable.

Gareth Evans (Not the Rogue One guy) the guy who directed The Raid movies two of the best action movies of the past years. Would love to see him tackle something street levelish new like a Suicide Squad or Deadshot solo.

Most of the good Suicide Squad stories have them involved in real politik with Russia, Qurac and Africa.

My choices:

Shane Black

Quentin Tarantino

Clint Eastwood

Guillermo del Toro

Danny Boyle or Guy Ritchie for a Constantine/Hellblazer film.

My dream directors would be Stanley Kubrick, McG and Orson Welles.

Obviously second rate directors like George Miller, Cuaron or Fincher are not suited for the DCEU, which employs only the best of the best like Ayer or Snyder. So we will very likely see the all-time greats doing movies soon. Josh Trank, Uwe Boll, they are potential DC directors just waiting to happen...

Fincher is second rate? Wow. I'd disagree there but it's all subjective. I've loved Fincher's movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"