Reaction score
So far for upcoming releases the DCEU has

-Zack Snyder for Justice League 1 and (for now) 2

- David Ayer for Gotham Sirens

- Patty Jenkins for Wonder Woman

- James Wan for Aquaman

- Ben Affleck for Batman

-Doug Liman for Justice League Dark

Upcoming DCEU movies with no director, I also threw in some rumored ones for fun

- The Flash
-MOS 2
-Shazam
-Cyborg
-Green Lantern Corps
-Deadshot solo
-Booster Gold
-Lobo

Also any sequel like if you had a different dream director in mind for lets say a Wonder Woman 2, or Suicide Squad 2.

Directors for movies that haven't been announced but youd just like to see like Titans, Martian Manhunter, New Gods, etc are game

Last edited:
I liked Juan Antonio Bayona and John Logan for JLA Dark.

I'd switch Liman to Gotham Sirens.

Denis Villeneuve would make a killer Batman movie but there's no way that would happen now.

Based off of his Macbeth, Justin Kurzel would be a good pick for a Wonder Woman movie.

David Lean for Green Lantern corps

Orson Welles for Birds of Pray.

Hitchcock for Martian Manhunter

Kubrick for Teen Titans

Kurosawa for Booster Gold

Lars Von Trier for Shazam.

JJ Abrams or Justin Lin for future Justice League movies, both really good at making fun action/adventure ensembles.

Justin Lin was able to transition the F&F franchise from being a Point Beak rip off with cars, to being a blockbuster powerhouse.

And JJ Abrams work with bringing Star Wars back speaks for itself

Alfanso Curaon, Brad Bird, Gareth Edwards.

We've already got the two greatest directors of all time, Zack Snyder and David Ayer. Who needs anyone else? :o

David Lean for Green Lantern corps

Orson Welles for Birds of Pray.

Hitchcock for Martian Manhunter

Kubrick for Teen Titans

Kurosawa for Booster Gold

And Tarantino for Deathstroke solo film

Brad Bird, Guillermo del Toro, Alfonso Cuaron, Jennifer Kent, Michelle MacLaran, Duncan Jones, Phil Lord & Chris Miller,

Hmm...... I've found myself torn between either having Alfonso Cuaron or Joss Whedon as my ideal directors for Teen Titans.

Joss would probably nail the tone/spirit of the comic better. But Cuaron would probably make a more visually interesting/stylized movie (I don't have an issue with Joss's visuals myself, but Cuaron is on another level compared to him).

Damn i don't want Joss on any of the more serious projects but him on Titans would be a perfect match

I think Cuaron could fit really well within the dceu.

I want someone with big scifi experience on Green Lantern

Cuarón should direct Neil Gaiman's Sandman.

Jennifer Kent is an awesome pick. Not sure what she'd fit, though.

Vincenzo Natali would also be good for JLA Dark.

True that. I just don't want Cuaron directing Green Lantern or Teen Titans. He's too good for that.

Joss would probably nail the tone/spirit of the comic better. But Cuaron would probably make a more visually interesting/stylized movie (I don't have an issue with Joss's visuals myself, but Cuaron is on another level compared to him).

Part of the reason I'm curious about Cuaron directing Teen Titans is because of how good of a job he did with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban when it comes to Teen-centered films and I can see him pulling off a movie that centers around Trigon really well.

Anyone but Joss Whedon. I know fans of marvel love him but I can't take a jokefest. Way to campy for me.

Anyone but Joss Whedon. I know fans of marvel love him but I can't take a jokefest. Way to campy for me.

True a pure joke fest would be appropriate for movies about the 1st gen Teen titans that was all about the sidekicks but not if done in the vein of New Teen Titans since a lot of the humor comes from Beast Boy in those comics.

I'm way on the other spectrum. I like dark stories ( sure plays into why I loved BVS).
I'd love Fincher to do a batman movie.
I loved what Snyder has done but even if he checked every box that some fans want, he'd still receive way to much bad press from critics and marvel fans that would hurt the movie so I'd pass on him now. It's a bummer for me.
DC and Superman especially need some goodwill. I think JJ Abrams is very unoriginal and has enhanced his career greatly being a huge rip off artist. So if they want the most generic paint by numbers Superman JJ seems an easy choice.

I keep reading how people love George Miller but I don't really get why. I found mad max to be pure action and really no acting. What is it about his storytelling people love so much? Or is it just the action?

Matthew Vaughn for a Teen Titans film

True that. I just don't want Cuaron directing Green Lantern or Teen Titans. He's too good for that.

Wolfmans NTT run is considered one of the best DC comic runs ever. It was DCs biggest property at the time (at times selling four times as much as other DC comics). The Judas Contract is also considered one of the best DC comic stories ever.

Wolfmans NTT run is considered one of the best DC comic runs ever. It was DCs biggest property at the time (at times selling four times as much as other DC comics). The Judas Contract is also considered one of the best DC comic stories ever.

Yes, it is. All the issues of Wolf's & Pérez's run on that book are worth their weight in gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"