• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Democratic Primary 2020

Tell me how Biden not being a fascist authoritarian, is going to effect the everyday life of the majority of Americans? I am going to vote for Biden, but what actually changes between a Biden presidency and Trump presidency that will effect my everyday life? How does it effect my attempts to get healthcare? A job? I am not even talking about gridlock here. I am talking about the guy who tells me Republicans are fine folk and he can't wait to work with them. The one who is going to pack his cabinet with a bunch of Wall Street people and is in bed with fossil fuel folk. Tell me how a Biden presidency will improve my everyday life over a Trump one. The only thing I can think of is the Supreme Court. Which is very important, but doesn't change that the court will still have the same bias even if we get to replace RBG.

I hate Trump. But how does Biden make things better beyond a surface level? Because Biden has made it clear, he wants to go backwards. He's the guy willing to give social security away.
You forgot the most important topic: climate change. Maybe the sea level rise will only be 20 feet instead of 26 feet if Biden wins. Hooray.

Based on what? Tell me what about Joe "Social Security is on the table" Biden, makes M4A or the Green New Deal more likely? Also, since when did a candidate not have to win a voter's vote? All the talk about how Bernie didn't get the black vote and, "if people wanted him they would have voted for him" has really turned on it's head with the Biden situation. It's almost like that applied only to Bernie...

JFC, get over yourself. Ignoring a key voter bloc of the Democratic Party is tantamount to shooting yourself in the foot.

Take some time, cry, do whatever to process it. Sanders has made it official: he will not be the Democratic candidate.

And as for the "Biden wants to cut SS" lie... PolitiFact - Sanders’ misleading Social Security attack on Biden

I think a lot of Moderate Dems/Biden fans don't realize that the "Vote for Biden or we're doomed" rhetoric dosen't work on a lot of independents/progressives/etc. because they feel they're doomed already, and have felt that way before Trump even ran for President.
I wasn't in love with Bernie as a dude. A lot of the way he goes about things annoys me, and yeah he sounds grouchy. I preferred Warren. But after 4 years of Trump and watching how the Democrats have reacted has made me appreciate Bernie a lot more then I did in 2016, and has already left me more depressed about the 2020 election, then what happened in 2016. Nothing is going to change, especially as you have the party telling you they like it. They like being beholden to their donors. So what's the point?

JFC, get over yourself. Ignoring a key voter bloc of the Democratic Party is tantamount to shooting yourself in the foot.

Take some time, cry, do whatever to process it. Sanders has made it official: he will not be the Democratic candidate.

And as for the "Biden wants to cut SS" lie... PolitiFact - Sanders’ misleading Social Security attack on Biden
Bernie wasn't ignoring them. He was actually looking at the bigger picture. Issues that effected all. Climate change, corruption in our government, healthcare doesn't cling to just one group.

You forgot the most important topic: climate change. Maybe the sea level rise will only be 20 feet instead of 26 feet I’d Biden wins. Hooray.
It's why I mentioned the fossil fuel folk!!! :argh:

:o

Honestly, watching the various governments across the world pay lip service, but not actually do much in that regard already has me depressed. I watch a lot of British politics because our own depress me to the point that if I keep listening to them, it's going to go bad. So I watch theirs, kind of like sport. That hasn't helped on the depression front, and that is one example of it. They keep talking about being carbon neutral, and how important it is, while complaining about protesters in favor of it, and pushing off the date further and further.

There’s countless numbers of footage of him creepin on young girls at political events... that’s enough to be worried. It’s exactly the same with Drumpf and his public actions with his daughter and Miss America contests.

Talk about a self-own.

Sniffing hair and being (overly) affectionate is the same thing as walking in on underage girls in a locker room, bragging about dating his daughter if they weren't related and sexually assaulting dozens of women?

Talk about a self-own.

Sniffing hair and being (overly) affectionate is the same thing as walking in on underage girls in a locker room, bragging about dating his daughter if they weren't related and sexually assaulting women dozens of times?
Well if you want to play down creepy behavior by branding it "overly affectionate" you can do that. Trump's enthusiasm about his competition led him to accidentally barge into the dressing room he owned. As for those women claiming Trump assaulted them...as far as I know, it's a hit job against Trump.

See, moral depravity is easy when it's your side.

Bernie wasn't ignoring them. He was actually looking at the bigger picture. Issues that affected all. Climate change, corruption in our government, healthcare doesn't cling to just one group.

You're acting like Biden will just ignore all that. He's not.

I'm giving credit where it is due because Bernie has been pushing the Democratic Party leftward for five years now. Hillary's campaign took on several of Bernie's policy initiatives (climate change and free 2 year community college) after being pressured to do so.

And if Bernie wants to join Biden's cabinet, that would be a boon for progressives. It shouldn't be all gloom and doom for Bernie fans because there are several upsides they're refusing to consider.

I'm giving credit where it is due because Bernie has been pushing the Democratic Party leftward for five years now. Hillary's campaign took on several of Bernie's policy initiatives (climate change and free 2 year community college) after being pressured to do so.

And if Bernie wants to join Biden's cabinet, that would be a boon for progressives. It shouldn't be all gloom and doom for Bernie fans because there are several upsides they're refusing to consider.
Biden will not ignore it, but he just won't be as effective on it. It's not his priority. His priorities are normalcy and returning us to the status quo. He's not even planning a second term. If anything, it will have to be his successor to see any progression through.

I WANT Bernie and Liz to be in a presidential cabinet. I WANT Biden to adopt their policies outside of political lipservice, but he hasn't supported them.

Yeah, except that isn't what happened. Bernie trying and failing, doesn't mean he ignored it. But your make believe as an attempt to win support to your side from people who actually know what happened, is exactly why the whole asking Progressive to support Biden is going to go the way it goes. Honesty works a lot better then making up stuff about Bernie, while trying to cover for Biden.

So take some time, cry, do whatever to process it. Because we know who you are and you make it blatant with post like this.

Beyond the fact that Joe Biden is a known liar, he is the one who likes to hang out with these people.

Joe Biden Caught Off Guard at Town Hall by Question on Fund-Raiser’s Fossil Fuel Ties

Honestly, watching the various governments across the world pay lip service, but not actually do much in that regard already has me depressed. I watch a lot of British politics because our own depress me to the point that if I keep listening to them, it's going to go bad. So I watch theirs, kind of like sport. That hasn't helped on the depression front, and that is one example of it. They keep talking about being carbon neutral, and how important it is, while complaining about protesters in favor of it, and pushing off the date further and further.
We’re staring down the barrel of an apocalypse, and Democrats didn’t coalesce around the only candidate taking that grave threat as seriously as it deserved. When coastal flight becomes a thing and the hurricanes keep getting more destructive. I’m holding every democratic primary voter that didn’t vote for Bernie responsible. This was probably our last chance, and you all ****ing blew it.

Biden will not ignore it, but he just won't be as effective on it. It's not his priority. His priorities are normalcy and returning us to the status quo. He's not even planning a second term. If anything, it will have to be his successor to see any progression through.

I WANT Bernie and Liz to be in a presidential cabinet. I WANT Biden to adopt their policies outside of political lipservice, but he hasn't supported them.

That's if they want to join Biden's cabinet, but if they think they have power to get policy passed in the Senate (assuming Democrats retake the Senate) -- that would be better. Sanders would definitely lobby for more progressive additions to bills Biden wants to pass and sign into law.

I'm being optimistic about this. It shouldn't be all gloom and doom.

You forgot the most important topic: climate change. Maybe the sea level rise will only be 20 feet instead of 26 feet if Biden wins. Hooray.

This is one of the subjects I find really gets me about all this. People who won't have to deal with the true repercussions because of age and wealth continue to be put in positions where they can cater to corporations that actively covered up what they were doing to the environment instead of to the future of the entire planet. Short term profit for long term consequences, and they won't have to see the latter.

Now this might verge on just being too much of a downer (it sure brought me down writing it), so I'm going to put it in spoiler tags.
Seeing the way the right wing around the world was able to exploit the issues of the Syrian refugee crisis and Mexican/South American immigrants to whip up a larger base really scares me. Because one of the things we're going to see as a result of climate change are climate refugees. Swaths of the world will become unlivable and people will have to move. So what happens when immigration on an unprecedented scale becomes a necessity? It worries me that the short term benefits the rich reap now because the Republicans are awful and the Democrats are more interested in catering to donors might open the door to something much worse to come. It's my fear about any election involving a president Biden and 2016-style status quo on steroids. This is something that they need to get out in front of and they flagrantly do not care.

That's if they want to join Biden's cabinet, but if they think they have power to get policy passed in the Senate (assuming Democrats retake the Senate) -- that would be better. Sanders would definitely lobby for more progressive additions to bills Biden wants to pass and sign into law.

I appreciate the sentiment, but Biden doesn't give me much confidence in giving us the change necessary now. I don't care if it's incremental or big and sweeping, but just returning us to 2016 normal is not encouraging.

If the turtle is still in office, explain what policies they can get past with less then 60 votes, that the Republicans won't also want to sign off on. Like the BS stimulus package that just passed.

I appreciate the sentiment, but Biden doesn't give me much confidence in giving us the change necessary now. I don't care if it's incremental or big and sweeping, but just returning us to 2016 normal is not encouraging.
All pettiness aside, think about what was happening under Obama. Because a lot of it wasn't just bad, it is the kind of stuff people want to put Trump on trial for. Immigration, drone strikes, working with Wall Street, making the Bush tax cuts permit, setting up another potential financial collapse by not placing any regulation and letting those responsible slide.

We need Biden in the Oval Office so we can start reversing the Trump damage first. Especially with how Trump gutted the CDC and removed the pandemic response team.

If the turtle is still in office, explain what policies they can get past with less then 60 votes, that the Republicans won't also want to sign off on. Like the BS stimulus package that just passed.

You could say the same thing with M4A.

You could say the same thing with M4A.
I am aware of that. But my argument isn't the disingenuous idea that Biden is going to allow people to champion it, while he craps on it.

I know M4A wasn't passing. But I also knew that if Bernie ended up president, he'd be pushing it for 4 years, gaining momentum for the idea and the next election. He would treat the industry like they need to be treated by our leaders, as opposed to the glad handing we get with Pelosi and Biden. That he'd do what was necessary to give it a chance. Biden is the exact opposite. He wants to spend more on less, and will continue to push that idea, same with the rest of the party.

We need Biden in the Oval Office so we can start reversing the Trump damage first. Especially with how Trump gutted the CDC and removed the pandemic response team.
Yes, Trump caused damage that needs to be fixed, but why does that require reverting to the status quo of 2016? 2016's status quo wasn't working. A large swath of Trump's base is made up of people that likely wouldn't vote Democrat anyway, and, you know, Nazis, but he was able to play on disenfranchisement that was there in order to win people over. Made worse by the fact he was up against a woman who embodied the establishment that a lot of people resented for these issues. Simply turning the clock back and not fixing the actual problems facing people in their day to day lives that causes that disenfranchisement is tempting fate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"