• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Democrats Win Control of the Senate!

USMC

Avenger
Reaction score
Democrats win control of Senate
NBC projects Webb victor in Va.; win solidifies Democratic power on Hill

BREAKING NEWS
NBC, MSNBC and news services
Updated: 4 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Democrats wrested control of the Senate from Republicans Wednesday with an upset victory in Virginia, giving the party complete domination of Capitol Hill for the first time since 1994, as NBC News reported that Democrat Jim Webb was the apparent winner.

Webb’s apparent squeaker win over incumbent Sen. George Allen effectively gave Democrats their 51st seat in the Senate, an astonishing turnabout at the hands of voters unhappy with Republican scandal and unabated violence in Iraq. Allen was the sixth Republican incumbent senator defeated in Tuesday’s elections.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15620405/?GT1=8717

:D

I am very interested in how fast we will see a change in America. Hopefully this lifts the dark cloud thats been overhanging us for 3 or so years.

Whats this really tell you about Dems though when they could barely win majority even after all the stupid/bad things the republicans did? If rep werent so corrupt and scandel prone dems would win as many seats as green parties.

I'm not sure this really reflects on the democrats as much as it reflects on many, many people being afraid of and insecure about change during a period of tumult.

If you recall, twice now Bush has *barely* won the presidency. The tables were only slightly tilted in the GOP's favor and I don't think that's hardly anything to brag about. And remember how precarious the majority was the year Jeffers decided to cross party lines and tipped the balance in the Senate. It's really no better than that.

Honestly? I'm just relieved that some balance will have returned. We may not have much in the way of a majority but it's enough of a threat that Rumsfeld is retiring scared.

Babs Gordon said:
Honestly? I'm just relieved that some balance will have returned. We may not have much in the way of a majority but it's enough of a threat that Rumsfeld is retiring scared.

I don't perceive Rumsfeld as retiring "scared". The man, probably a huge fault, isn't scared of anything. His arrogance shines through and always has. If anything, Bush took the high ground by having him resign AFTER the election. Had he done so BEFORE the election, I'm guessing that the republicans would not have lost Congress. However, it would have sent the wrong message to the troops - that he's basing his strategy in Iraq on the political climate.

As someone said earlier in this post, let's hope the dems don't screw it up.

To all skeet skeet mother****er ! :up:

Thank you for reading my indepth political analysis.

USMC said:
Democrats win control of Senate
NBC projects Webb victor in Va.; win solidifies Democratic power on Hill

BREAKING NEWS
NBC, MSNBC and news services
Updated: 4 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Democrats wrested control of the Senate from Republicans Wednesday with an upset victory in Virginia, giving the party complete domination of Capitol Hill for the first time since 1994, as NBC News reported that Democrat Jim Webb was the apparent winner.

Webb’s apparent squeaker win over incumbent Sen. George Allen effectively gave Democrats their 51st seat in the Senate, an astonishing turnabout at the hands of voters unhappy with Republican scandal and unabated violence in Iraq. Allen was the sixth Republican incumbent senator defeated in Tuesday’s elections.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15620405/?GT1=8717

:D

This made my year! :woot:

again so very happy...but i too also hope we dont screw it up... lets not claim victory til balance is ACTUALLY restored.

All our base are belong to them.:csad:

At least SNL will have some funny material when Pelosi takes over.

SpeedballLives said:
At least SNL will have some funny material when Pelosi takes over.
HAHAHAHA.

If only.:csad:

Jourmugand said:
They cant do it worse than the Republicans.
Yes, they can. For reference, see the briefly Democratic Senate post-Jim Jeffords' switch.

This way, if President Bush usurps power from the Legislative branch, the Senate won't just roll over and take it in the ass.

Unless the Democrats are into that sort of thing.

Mr Sparkle said:
Oh, we both know Democrats.

they most certainly will.

Both Republicans and Democrats have the possibility of screwing up. And with the volatile situation in Iraq still persist, it's hard to say whether Dems will get their wish to bring troops back quickly. But at this time, I'd sooner trust the government to the Democrats than to the Republicans.

And the majority of American voters seemed to share my sentiment, hence the reason Democrats are taking over the Congress next January.

Manic said:
This way, if President Bush usurps power from the Legislative branch, the Senate won't just roll over and take it in the ass.

Unless the Democrats are into that sort of thing.

They're not into that but republicans don't exactly look down on that type of thing.

Babs Gordon said:
I'm not sure this really reflects on the democrats as much as it reflects on many, many people being afraid of and insecure about change during a period of tumult.

If you recall, twice now Bush has *barely* won the presidency. The tables were only slightly tilted in the GOP's favor and I don't think that's hardly anything to brag about. And remember how precarious the majority was the year Jeffers decided to cross party lines and tipped the balance in the Senate. It's really no better than that.

My sentiments exactly. I don't expect huge changes, but I am incredibly relieved that one party is no longer in control of all the branches on Capitol Hill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"