Republicans can benefit from losing the mid-term elections and hurt the Democrats?

Spider-Bite said:
we should be aiming for a day when there is no poverty. it doesn't matter if it's 1% or a half a percent. making it go up is the opposite of fighting poverty. imagine if it kept going up.

There is always going to be poverty, not for the least of reasons that some people will always make bad choices in life.

There is very little poverty amongst people who make the best choices they can with their situations.

War Lord said:
There is always going to be poverty, not for the least of reasons that some people will always make bad choices in life.

maybe there will and maybe there wont, but we should still aim for it.

Spider-Bite said:
we should be aiming for a day when there is no poverty. it doesn't matter if it's 1% or a half a percent. making it go up is the opposite of fighting poverty. imagine if it kept going up.
We should fight to keep poverty at it's current level or to a level slightly below post-Bush era levels. As much as it sucks, poverty is a necessity in society. People who have money aren't going to do the crappy jobs that are needed in society and do things that we consumers want (i.e. McDonalds, dishwashers, janitors, etc.)

when the troops come home they will have high approval ratings.
You're full of it if you think that the Democrats are just going to send the troops home. If they did Iraq will fall into further chaos, first to get rid of the foreigners such as al-Qaeda out of the country and then in-fighting between the Kurds, ****es, and Sunnis.

I think they might be desrving since they resist bribes more often.
Why don't you ask William Jefferson, a Democrat who had $100,000 in bribe money in his freezer?

Or how about Harry Reid who has received numerous influential gifts such as boxing tickets and connections with Jack Abramoff or how about that land deal he made that violated Senate rules or using contribution money for gifts

Or Alan Mollohan who failed to disclose his assets which rose extroardinarily in value in a period of 4 years

Maxine Waters in which the Beyond Delay report stated that she used her position in benefit of her own family members

John Murtha who used his position in Congress to benefit clients of his lobbyist brother.

Or Jim McDermott who illegally recorded telephone conversations of a committee investigating Newt Gingrich

Democrats have the capability to act just as sleezy as Republicans. Right now, more Republicans are doing it and they are the ones in power so they are getting more attention for it. It's not the party, it's the scumbags who do it.

we should help those people who perform those crappy jobs. poverty is not a necessity. that's ridiculous. I thought you said you wanted to fight poverty?

Us staying there is not making America safer. It's simply not. Let em stay busy fighting each other instead of giving them the spare time to fight us. they say it might become a place for them to launch an attack. the key word is might. if we stay there, there is no maybe might launch an attack. We will lose thousands of american lives. besides, I thought we were giving them a democracy? the overwhelming majority of Iraqis want us gone and out of there. If were gonna expect muslims in the middle east to reject and be opposed to violence aimed at us, then we need to do the same and reject and oppose violence aimed at them.

Notice I said they resist them more often. Not all of the time? recording conversations to bust somebody else for taking a bribe is not the same thing as taking a bribe as well. and that thing with John Murtha was decades ago. dozens upon dozens of republicans have been busted. and dozens more are under investigation for ties with abramoff.

and it is the party. their entire economic policy is aimed at making them money. that's why they are called the party of the rich. the rich own them.

Spider-Bite said:
maybe there will and maybe there wont, but we should still aim for it.

Maybe there won't?

As long as people are allowed to make choices for themselves, poverty is a near-certainty.

If you want to prevent poverty, teach people how not to be poor, but respect their choices.

War Lord said:
Maybe there won't?

As long as people are allowed to make choices for themselves, poverty is a near-certainty.

If you want to prevent poverty, teach people how not to be poor, but respect their choices.

within our lifetime there will always be a certain number of high paying jobs available and a certain number of crappy paying jobs available. even if every person lived a squeaky clean life with a straight A's in school and college with perfect attendance a certain number of people will still be needed to flip burgers etc.

I have heard you give credit to Bush for the millions who have benefited under his economy, but you fail to give him blame for the millions who have suffered. That is hypocritical and ridiculous. you don't blame the victims.

Spider-Bite said:
within our lifetime there will always be a certain number of high paying jobs available and a certain number of crappy paying jobs available. even if every person lived a squeaky clean life with a straight A's in school and college with perfect attendance a certain number of people will still be needed to flip burgers etc.

I have heard you give credit to Bush for the millions who have benefited under his economy, but you fail to give him blame for the millions who have suffered. That is hypocritical and ridiculous. you don't blame the victims.

Millions have not suffered under Bush. If you're talking about illegal immigration, that's congress' problem.

War Lord said:
Millions have not suffered under Bush. If you're talking about illegal immigration, that's congress' problem.

I wasn't talking about them. I was talking about the american citizens living in poverty. a couple million benefited from Bush's economic changes. a couple million who weren't living in poverty are now living in poverty, and the middle class has less spending power than they did before he was president.

roughly the same number of people who got richer, also fell into poverty, while everybody else only got slightly screwed.

Bush and republicans choose this route because it's profitable for them. not only do they benefit from their own tax cuts, but they also benefit from the money rich people pay them to go this route.

It's not right. Me and hippie disagree on many things, but even he wants a flat tax hike instead of a lower taxes for the rich. they even tried to pass a bill rescently so that rich people wouldn't have to pay any property taxes or state taxes at all whatsoever. They are helping the wrong people.

War Lord said:
If the Republicans lost Congress, they would benefit by being able to clean house of all the deadwood at last.

What deadwood, the GOP has been completely in charge since 2002, if there is any deadwood after that, how are the Democrats to blame?

War Lord said:

There is very little poverty amongst people who make the best choices they can with their situations.

What about those people who worked at Enron and got screwed?

Spider-Bite said:
I wasn't talking about them. I was talking about the american citizens living in poverty. a couple million benefited from Bush's economic changes. a couple million who weren't living in poverty are now living in poverty, and the middle class has less spending power than they did before he was president.

roughly the same number of people who got richer, also fell into poverty, while everybody else only got slightly screwed.

Bush and republicans choose this route because it's profitable for them. not only do they benefit from their own tax cuts, but they also benefit from the money rich people pay them to go this route.

It's not right. Me and hippie disagree on many things, but even he wants a flat tax hike instead of a lower taxes for the rich. they even tried to pass a bill rescently so that rich people wouldn't have to pay any property taxes or state taxes at all whatsoever. They are helping the wrong people.

Your wasting your time, War_Lord is a psychopath, he doesn't feel bad for people, particularly the poor.

The Overlord said:
What deadwood, the GOP has been completely in charge since 2002, if there is any deadwood after that, how are the Democrats to blame?

Did you read anywhere that I was blaming Demoncrats for any of the Republican problems?

The fact is that some Republicans haven't been acting as Republicans and were being as corrupt as all heck. These Republicans should be cut adrift if they don't hole their seats.

The Overlord said:
Your wasting your time, War_Lord is a psychopath, he doesn't feel bad for people, particularly the poor.

I am the poor.

I work about 240 to 300 hours a month just to get by, but I realize my situation is due to past mistakes and wrong thinking. Now that I've gotten my act straightened out, I can now pull ahead.

The Overlord said:
What about those people who worked at Enron and got screwed?

And the CEO's of Enron are now spending the rest of their lives in prison.

I don't believe in retirement. I believe that as long as a person is healthy enough to work, they should always seek to do so.

The Overlord said:

Jonty's more of a sociopath, but I understand what you're saying. :)

jag

Spider-Bite said:

This is where you are incorrect. If the poverty rate increased by 1%, then the entire US population should be in the poverty category because a couple of million represents 1% of the entire US population. At most, it's not more than a few hundred thousand.

No. It's well known that the best way to decrease poverty is to teach people to make better choices and to increase trade. Having a closed economic system is what North Korea has and it doesn't appear to be too profitable for the masses.

I'm already on record as saying that I've disagreed with Bush on how the tax cuts were carried out. I believe that they should have raised the exemption for everybody.

jaguarr said:
Jonty's more of a sociopath, but I understand what you're saying. :)

jag

Thanks for knowing the difference.

War Lord said:
And the CEO's of Enron are now spending the rest of their lives in prison.

I don't believe in retirement. I believe that as long as a person is healthy enough to work, they should always seek to do so.

or live with their moms right? personal responsibility for the win!

right?

Mr Sparkle said:
or live with their moms right? personal responsibility for the win!

right?

Living with my parents was the most responsible decision I could make under the circumstances. So yes, personal responsibility for the win.

LAWL! I saw this movie Clueless once, it wasnt as funny as Jonty though.

War Lord said:
Living with my parents was the most responsible decision I could make under the circumstances. So yes, personal responsibility for the win.

LOL, rationalization for the win!!!!

substitute with:

"Living of welfare was the most responsible decision I could make under the circumstances"

LMAO:woot: :up: you "welfare queen" you.

Mr Sparkle said:
LOL, rationalization for the win!!!!

substitute with:

"Living of welfare was the most responsible decision I could make under the circumstances"

LMAO:woot: :up: you "welfare queen" you.

I pay my due rent and everything else. My parents are making a reasonable profit off my ass, so it's hardly the same.

Darthphere said:
LAWL! I saw this movie Clueless once, it wasnt as funny as Jonty though.

It's more like, I don't really care.

War Lord said:
I pay my due rent and everything else. My parents are making a reasonable profit off my ass, so it's hardly the same.

actually, if prior to going on welfare the person payed his taxes (along with his due rent LOL) the goverment (in your line of thinking) already made a reasonable profit off this person.

so yeah.

no.

sorry.

try again.

Mr Sparkle said:
actually, if prior to going on welfare the person payed his taxes (along with his due rent LOL) the goverment (in your line of thinking) already made a reasonable profit off this person.

so yeah.

no.

sorry.

try again.

What a coincidence, I'm paying my taxes with each cheque.

Personally, my situation doesn't really concern me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"