Republicans can benefit from losing the mid-term elections and hurt the Democrats?

Matt said:
No, its not about him living with his parents. It is about the way he is martyring himself talking about how he is poor and his life is bad when he has it better than countless others who work as much as he do but do not have the luxury of parents who provide for them while they build a better future.

Well, look on the bright side... he probably has horrible social skills and minimal contact with anyone outside of work (in real life, not the Hype world). I always imagined Paladin to be the same way. :o

Also, it's American culture that has us moving out of the house at 18. European cultures are vastly different, with family being #1 and kids living with there parents for many years... it's foreign, but I don't see anything wrong with it, so long as the kid isn't taking advantage and/or harming their parents.

*** My friend lives with her parents, she's on her way to getting her PHD. She's a HIGHLY intelligent chick. She confided in me one time, however, that she realized the longer she lived at home with mom & dad, the more afraid she was of ever leaving and actually living in the rest of the world on her own.***

On a side note, when my kids turn 18, their asses are GONE. :)

USMC said:
Well, look on the bright side... he probably has horrible social skills and minimal contact with anyone outside of work (in real life, not the Hype world). I always imagined Paladin to be the same way. :o

Also, it's American culture that has us moving out of the house at 18. European cultures are vastly different, with family being #1 and kids living with there parents for many years... it's foreign, but I don't see anything wrong with it, so long as the kid isn't taking advantage and/or harming their parents.

*** My friend lives with her parents, she's on her way to getting her PHD. She's a HIGHLY intelligent chick. She confided in me one time, however, that she realized the longer she lived at home with mom & dad, the more afraid she was of ever leaving and actually living in the rest of the world on her own.***

On a side note, when my kids turn 18, their asses are GONE. :)

Fear of living on my own isn't the problem. $$$ is the main problem.

The Overlord said:
Cheapness is the problem.

No. If I had my life fully together and could afford to live on my own, I would. However, at the moment, it's a choice of one or the other.

If I choose to live on my own, I can't get my life together.

If I get my life together, I'll also be able to live on my own.

War Lord said:
No. If I had my life fully together and could afford to live on my own, I would. However, at the moment, it's a choice of one or the other.

If I choose to live on my own, I can't get my life together.

If I get my life together, I'll also be able to live on my own.

You can't get your life together work at gas station, a 15 year old works at a gas station and lives with his parents, not an adult. Tons people get office jobs that they hate, where the only things that provides hope there is the slim possibility of a middle mangement in the future and retirment. They do that just to provide for themselves and their family. Its not pretty, but that's what. You're really poor, poor people can't go back to mommy and daddy in order to mooch off them so they can buy a gas station. Call when you have eat out of dumpster to survive, until then you are not poor.

The Overlord said:
You can't get your life together work at gas station, a 15 year old works at a gas station and lives with his parents, not an adult. Tons people get office jobs that they hate, where the only things that provides hope there is the slim possibility of a middle mangement in the future and retirment. They do that just to provide for themselves and their family. Its not pretty, but that's what. You're really poor, poor people can't go back to mommy and daddy in order to mooch off them so they can buy a gas station. Call when you have eat out of dumpster to survive, until then you are not poor.

Actually I can get my life together working at a gas station easier than I could working at an office, because I can earn more money owning a gas station than I ever could working in an office.

If you want to work at an office, go ahead, but that's not the life for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"