• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Director's Cut

Glad you like the film but a directors cut will deserve the film more respect
I'm perfectly content to have deleted scenes separate. They are what they are, included or not. And after all is said and done, you can't go pleasing everyone. Some don't like the movie regardless (probably would say why would you want to add in more mediocrity, or something to that effect) and think it's Batman and Robin part two, so all the power to them. Doesn't bother me.

I'm perfectly content to have deleted scenes separate. They are what they are, included or not. And after all is said and done, you can't go pleasing everyone. Some don't like the movie regardless (probably would say why would you want to add in more mediocrity, or something to that effect) and think it's Batman and Robin part two, so all the power to them. Doesn't bother me.

I'm of the same opinion. Deleted scenes are fine, as long as they include the deleted.

It's possible the deleted scenes may change my thoughts about the original cut.

Honestly I don't think we'll see Director's Cut. After all ASM1 deserves it even more and they just released some unfinished deleted scenes so...

And this is just my opinion: ASM2 is already too long so another 15 mins wouldn't make it better. I'd prefer some 'Alternative Cut' but I doubt Sony would want to release something like that.

Agreed. If anything, less scenes would improve this movie.

Very excited to see these deleted scenes. I didn't want a director's cut. I like the final cut being the film.

Also got to take into consideration that Webb may have had a different vision than the studio does.

I am very willing to bet that Webb had a different vision than what Sony did.

Different vision or not, I doubt anyone at Sony told Webb to make Electro complain about his birthday and have Giamatti ham it up....

I know Marc Webb mentioned in an interview that there's a scene where his mother chastises him about the birthday thing and it might be on the DVD.

I don't think Marc Webb is this poor Jesus director being brought down callously by the evil sony execs, if he really was so pure, he would have walked out. He accepted the changes, he must now take responsibility for them, for better or for worse.

Max would've still come off as pathetic and a wimp being chastised by his mother, but it would've helped with developing his character more. Heck, even coming back home and frying her would've been an awesome, horrific scene that would've shown how physically and mentally damaged he has become as Electro.

I think the deleted scenes will be getting though are probably going to be "Isn't that the question of the day?", "Secrets have a cost too", maybe an extended conversation with Norman Osborn, and maybe Green Goblin attacking Oscorp board members, but I wouldn't expect a longer and more violent alternate take on the Death of Gwen Stacy.

Max would've still come off as pathetic and a wimp being chastised by his mother, but it would've helped with developing his character more. Heck, even coming back home and frying her would've been an awesome, horrific scene that would've shown how physically and mentally damaged he has become as Electro.

I think the deleted scenes will be getting though are probably going to be "Isn't that the question of the day?", "Secrets have a cost too", maybe an extended conversation with Norman Osborn, and maybe Green Goblin attacking Oscorp board members, but I wouldn't expect a longer and more violent alternate take on the Death of Gwen Stacy.
I agree with the other stuff but the death of Gwen Stacey because we would expect that especially Peter almost killing Harry before uncle ben stops him

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"