• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will sony learn from their mistakes?

Spider-knight

Sidekick
Reaction score
since both films underperformed at the box office and not get the critical reviews they've expected due to their interference with the directors, writers, and editors and the overmarketing of the film. infact they kinda re still bankrupt. and since either TASM 3 or the sinister six seem to be their last shot in 2016 do you guys believe sony will give us some great spiderman movies? i mean all they really want is to make more money and keep the rights but with what they're doing they're doing the exact opposite of that. if they keep screwing around chences are no one would ever pay and see a spidey movie from them again. will there be a chance for us to get a director's cut of the second film and finally get a fresh take on the wallcrawler?

I fear Spidey will be pushed into exile as a joke garbage franchise like Batman did in 1997.

Oh.

Next time just call me out in the title.

The problem with Amazing 2 is that it has no story, just a serious of incomplete plot threads.

Raimi's movies,especially 2 and 3, were full of sub-plots and characters, but they all tied to the main theme and plot of each movie; Spidey 2 was about Peter giving up for a normal life, and Spidey 3 was his fall and redemption. All the other parts of the movie help tell those stories.

Now take Amazing 2 - while you could argue Peter and Harry are both dealing with their daddy issues, that's by no means the over-riding story of the film. In fact, there isn't one. It's just a collection of typical superhero cliches.

If the rumour about postponing the date for ASM3 is true, then I guess Sony at least are rethinking things.

If they are really pushing back the release date for the third one then they might have learned something from the lukewarm response to TASM 2 financially and the bad response critically.

if the rumor is 100% true then by god sony please make these movies great. don't interfere with the taltented creators like drew goddard and marc webb and just let make make some great spiderman movies. you cut out stuff from both films and they would've beaten the avengers and winter soldier both critically and financially

If the rumour about postponing the date for ASM3 is true, then I guess Sony at least are rethinking things.

Indeed. Let's just hope they are rethinking things in the right direction. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their board meetings.

I dont think Sony will. At least not with this continuity

I dont think Sony will. At least not with this continuity
They've dug themselves into quite a deep hole it seems. Whoever picks up the writing duties has got their work cut out for them.

That's what Im thinking. They're 2 films in and they have a third one in the pipeline.

I know Im gonna be in the vast minority, but after Garfield is done (i heard he's contracted for 3) either do a James Bond style reboot/relaunch or a complete continuity reboot.

That's what Im thinking. They're 2 films in and they have a third one in the pipeline.

I know Im gonna be in the vast minority, but after Garfield is done (i heard he's contracted for 3) either do a James Bond style reboot/relaunch or a complete continuity reboot.

i really love garfield and i really hoped that once spidey goes to the MCU i'd like to see a little bit of him as spidey interacting with RDJ, bruce banner, daredevil, captain america, black widow, luke cage, jessica jones, hercules, she hulk, captain marvel, etc.

though if they had to replace garfield dylan o brian would be my best choice :)

If they are still going ahead with Sinister Six? They evidently have not learnt from their mistakes.

I honestly dont care if Spidey joins the MCU. It would be cool, but Marvel has their slate full with all their other properties that having Spider-Man their will either take away from Spider-Man or their other properties

Will Sony learn from their mistakes?

Maybe.

2.png

Will Sony learn from there mistakes?
Will there ever be another great Spider-Man movie?
Will Avi Arad jump off a cliff?
FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE, OF DRAGON BALL Z!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"