Discussion: Congress, The Senate, The House of Representatives - Part I

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
An all comprehensive for everyone's least favorite branch of government.

For the time being, I'd name the executive branch as my least favorite. Depending on what happens in GA and what comes out of the legislature, that could shift to the judicial branch. Good idea for a thread though. :up:

My least favorite part is the Republicans, especially the cronies under Mitch McConnell in the Senate. They don't want to help improve people's lives, all they care about is power, penny pinching and corporate tax cuts for their donors.

I'm resigned to the likelihood of the GOP retaining the Senate after the GA runoffs in January. The polling was so off this November that I don't trust it now. Democrats in that state need to vote early, go door-to-door safely and help register new voters.

My least favorite part is the Republicans, especially the cronies under Mitch McConnell in the Senate. They don't want to help improve people's lives, all they care about is power, penny pinching and corporate tax cuts for their donors.

I'm resigned to the likelihood of the GOP retaining the Senate after the GA runoffs in January. The polling was so off this November that I don't trust it now. Democrats in that state need to vote early, go door-to-door safely and help register new voters.

Agree about McConnell. The only time he penny pinches is when it benefits those outside the economic elite. I also heard that 75K new voters registered in GA and the majority were younger voters. Don't know if they were repub or dems.

Agree about McConnell. The only time he penny pinches is when it benefits those outside the economic elite. I also heard that 75K new voters registered in GA and the majority were younger voters. Don't know if they were repub or dems.

I think most of the new young voters are Democrats or left-leaning independents. That's encouraging but the runoffs are still going to be razor thin, probably along the lines of Biden's win in that state (which was 0.3%).

The bill is a mess.

I'm tired of both parties trying to use a humanitarian relief bill as a means of piggybacking unrelated legislation through a vote. If its not covid related it has no place in that bill.

Yeah, why not $2,000?

This jackass is saying people struggling to put food on the table facing eviction should get $0 because he’s afraid of mounting debt. Yeah Paul, let poor people suffer and bailout large corporations and tax cuts for the rich.

Who cares about the poor and less fortunate when the debt is on the line? **** this guy. He’s trash. All the more reason why the Georgia run-offs will be so important to win for the Dems. In some ways the run-off will be just as important as a presidential election.

Last edited:
Australia: $1,993 a month
Canada: $1,433 a month
Denmark: Up to $3,288 a month
France: Up to $7,575 a month
Germany: Up to $7,326 a month
Ireland: Up to $1,793.44 a month
UK: Up to $3,084 a month
USA: $1,200 to last 33 weeks and counting

New COVID-19 stimulus bill could make illegal streaming a felony

According to the new bill, which just passed through the House and the Senate, there is language in place that could make illegal streaming for commercial profit a felony. Republican North Carolina Senator Thom Tillis released his proposal to increase penalties for illegal streaming less than two weeks ago and although Tillis used wording that specifically targets illegal streaming for commercial benefits, there is language within the bill for personal streaming as well. This would mean that illegal streaming of works including movies and musical pieces could carry up to 10 years in jail.

As if America doesn't already have enough draconian excuses to imprison its citizens. Also that $15 billion that is going to the entertainment industry should have went to the people.

New COVID-19 stimulus bill could make illegal streaming a felony

According to the new bill, which just passed through the House and the Senate, there is language in place that could make illegal streaming for commercial profit a felony. Republican North Carolina Senator Thom Tillis released his proposal to increase penalties for illegal streaming less than two weeks ago and although Tillis used wording that specifically targets illegal streaming for commercial benefits, there is language within the bill for personal streaming as well. This would mean that illegal streaming of works including movies and musical pieces could carry up to 10 years in jail.

As if America doesn't already have enough draconian excuses to imprison its citizens. Also that $15 billion that is going to the entertainment industry should have went to the people.
Hollywood is going to be putting movies out on streaming platforms and I'm guessing this is to prevent them getting stolen?

Australia: $1,993 a month
Canada: $1,433 a month
Denmark: Up to $3,288 a month
France: Up to $7,575 a month
Germany: Up to $7,326 a month
Ireland: Up to $1,793.44 a month
UK: Up to $3,084 a month
USA: $1,200 to last 33 weeks and counting
Some Canadians may have to pay them back.

Hollywood is going to be putting movies out on streaming platforms and I'm guessing this is to prevent them getting stolen?

Nah, this is the RIAA. Though one legal analysis says it isn't as broad as to take down twitch and youtube, there is always a problem that can arise in rushed new laws.

About the only victory this bastard of a bill has is that it doesn't have McConnel's blanket liability immunity.

Those trashing Pelosi continue to underestimate her. It doesn’t bode well for Perdue and Loeffler’s runoffs if they have to vote down the $2,000 direct payments.

She is playing Trump and Mitch like a virtuoso violinist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"