Discussion: Racism - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the quote was "when they go low, we go high"

I think republicans were a million times angrier about a small handful of white cops being hurt then are abiut the almost daily occurrence of white cops murdering black people who in many cases only committed the crime of being a little argumentative.

Daily occurrence? Is it really that high?

I'll endorse that. Put cannabis oil in the drinking water so everyone calms the **** down.

If you and I can see eye to eye and come together then I don't see why weed can't bring the entire nation together.

Women and minorities who voted against Donald Trump may have trouble deciding what's more troubling:

Is it the president-elect's campaign promises, which include mass deportations and the banning of Muslims from entering the country due to their religious beliefs, or the culture that enabled a man who's been embraced by the KKK and white nationalist movements to ascend to the highest office in the land?

Whatever the case, there's been a spike in hate crimes and online harassment in the week since Trump was elected president, and while he's not guilty of condoning such abhorrent behavior, many believe Trump's efforts to curb the rising tide of violence have been woefully insufficient.

Michelle Obama Described as "Ape in Heels" By West Virginia Officials

So you're just glossing over the fact that you lied about her quote in the first place. :cwink:

It's an overly obvious lie. If you believe Michelle said that then I have some beach front property in AZ to sell.

Michelle did say though: "When they go low, we go high, as in move to Canada."

This is more or less the same thing as complaining about Black History Month and gay pride parades.

A broke Black guy is cool in movies. A broke white guy is almost always a piece of trash ignorant, wife beating, child molesting, drunk redneck bastard.

A broke Black guy is cool in movies. A broke white guy is almost always a piece of trash ignorant, wife beating, child molesting, drunk redneck bastard.

-YFNDl.gif

The **** that gets some people's panties in a bunch... :whatever:

I swear bro! :whatever: It's like people have to complain about something! There are casting sheets that call for caucasion men all the time. But someone sees an ad that calls for a nonwhite and now it's racist?!

I swear bro! :whatever: It's like people have to complain about something! There are casting sheets that call for caucasion men all the time. But someone sees an ad that calls for a nonwhite and now it's racist?!
There's a difference between casting a black actor for a black role and saying you want no white actors. That means you'd hire black people, asian people, latino people, people of any race but white people. You're not being specific about what race you want for a role, you're specific of what race you don't want. If it said they wanted only non-black actors, you'd call it racial discrimination.

There's a difference between casting a black actor for a black role and saying you want no white actors. That means you'd hire black people, asian people, latino people, people of any race but white people. You're not being specific about what race you want for a role, you're specific of what race you don't want. If it said they wanted only non-black actors, you'd call it racial discrimination.

Wow. Just................wow. :dry:

If the role calls for a white person, I do think a non-black ad would be suitable.

That would cause liberals and SJW's everywhere to have a blood vessel pop in their eye.

Wow. Just................wow. :dry:

Laderlappen is right.

Saying 'looking for anyone but whites' is not the same as 'looking for caucasian male'. It means there is no specified role to fill. They only want to make sure they don't hire white folk. You can't see that difference because you think it's ok. However, if it says 'looking for anyone but blacks,'...you think that's ok? Try and answer genuinely.

chaseter does have a point. The way the ad is worded is kind of ridiculous. If you want non-white actors, advertise for Latinos, Blacks, Asians, etc, but don't just say that you're looking for any non-white actor. Just like any decent company would advertise for Caucasian males/females and not just say "non black actors." Actually, they would have to say non-minority actors. Which would just cause a ****storm.

chaseter does have a point. The way the ad is worded is kind of ridiculous. If you want non-white actors, advertise for Latinos, Blacks, Asians, etc, but don't just say that you're looking for any non-white actor. Just like any decent company would advertise for Caucasian males/females and not just say "non black actors." Actually, they would have to say non-minority actors. Which would just cause a ****storm.

This.

It's the politically correct way that often accompanies casting notices.

Even though in the end - it is the same thing.

I personally don't see why Hamilton would use a casting notice like that. Isn't the whole thing diversity rather than a The Wiz type of thing? Might be wrong though.

Last edited:

That is literally one door down from saying "____ need not apply."

We getting married now?

Laderlappen is right.

Saying 'looking for anyone but whites' is not the same as 'looking for caucasian male'. It means there is no specified role to fill. They only want to make sure they don't hire white folk. You can't see that difference because you think it's ok. However, if it says 'looking for anyone but blacks,'...you think that's ok? Try and answer genuinely.

Still a reach though. It's saying they want to diversify. The wording maybe flawed but we can all agree we get what they are saying. For someone who claims the world is PC and on edge about wordings, this shouldn't even made you blink an eye.

The world is overly PC but I'm pretty sure I've never supported "no blacks allowed," hiring campaigns.

Still a reach though. It's saying they want to diversify. The wording maybe flawed but we can all agree we get what they are saying. For someone who claims the world is PC and on edge about wordings, this shouldn't even made you blink an eye.

Would your opinion remain the same on the wording "maybe flawed" if a casting call said "Any non-blacks should apply"…?

I wouldn't be upset by either one. What's wrong with having specific racial requirements for casting specific characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"